Stolen Account

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Stolen Account

Post by AngharadTy »

Ugh, that's ridiculous. People are so... geez. Frustrating.
Image Image
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

"You're going down"?! Seriously? Wow. At this point I'm hopping that it turns out that the account was sold to someone who also purchased a draik off site and TNT lets you keep her after all your troubles.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Yeaaa..some people are stupid. Echoing everyone, just let TNT handle the situation, email the same person , since they know what is really going on.
Image Image
ImageImage
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yay! I'm so glad you got your accounts back relatively intact! And yeah, i feel bad for TNT having to sort through all this mess (though i really hope they figure out a way to seal up all their security holes - for the sake of the players AND staff), and for you having gone through it and STILL dealing with all the resulting mess. I'll never understand people who like to do things at others' expense.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

A lot of pets that are "purchased" were originally stolen illicitly. I think. Bear in mind I have absolutely no statistics to back this up, it just seems to me that the time it takes to legitimately earn a Draik makes the profit return lesser than stealing. I could be wrong.

It's possible the person neomailing you did have their pet stolen, and now they are just confused and angry. Not everyone understands how it works, and they might think you are playing the "wasn't me, someone else was on my account" card. Which is exactly what hackers do say. I would just ignore their neomails and/or block them, and as you wisely decided to do, leave it up to TNT what to do with the Draik. I've seen them grab pets off of users' accounts and put them back on frozen accounts, even when the new account obtained the pet legitimately (from someone who apparently didn't), so they will do what they want anyway.

I hope, hope, hope you get your pets back! And I'm so glad you got back into your account, another success story. It does seem like they do return compromised accounts, even if the process is long and arduous and full of form responses. I'm so glad for you.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

I was very, very lucky. I didn't get any form responses, and the only negative one was that strange "hey looks like you got back into your account so I'll close this ticket for you!" one. The techs I dealt with on my tickets were very helpful and friendly =) I'm also still hopeful about getting desiira back since she's frozen. Not too much about zordes. I'm not happy about losing him but it looks like the person who has him now is glad to have him and if the note on his lookup about her having traded a perma pet for him is true, I would feel bad about taking him back. I really have no clue how long she's had him, but it's probably been months.

So I've been putting my gallery back in order and so far the only item I've noticed missing is my dark faerie sofa. I was a little annoyed about that because it's a favorite item of mine and I remember paying 600k for it years ago (r98). Buuuut somehow it's only worth about 50k now o.O So that was easy enough to replace!
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I do wish trader recipients could be compensated under these type of circumstances. I'm sure the person who has zordes would never have traded if they had known he was stolen. Regardless, I still would love it if all your pets came back full circle.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

Ailiel wrote:A lot of pets that are "purchased" were originally stolen illicitly. I think. Bear in mind I have absolutely no statistics to back this up, it just seems to me that the time it takes to legitimately earn a Draik makes the profit return lesser than stealing. I could be wrong.

well penny i wish you the best of luck getting your pets back and i have seen numerous sites asking what is your dream pet and how much you can pay to have them.... ugh :x it just really angers me to see people so callous and think nothing of stealing from other players for cash. this is the very reason i will never own a draik no matter what i am not gonna get a draik/kwark and expose my account to any more attention than it gets.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=desiira

And desiira is back! She even still has Stuffing, her petoot =) Now I need to remember what the background she used to have was called. It was a birthday party and there was a (I think meuka) pinata. So happy to have her back!
Last edited by PennyLane on 27 Jul 2011 03:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Ooh! Congrats! That's fantastic news. =D
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Thanks! And interestingly enough, the person who insisted that Crothos the draik was his is now frozen hmmm.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Oh that's wonderful. I'm so glad you got your ixi back. She is so very lovely sitting there. It'd be awesome if, like said before, you got to keep the draik. I'm a draik-a-holic (and yes, still want another one ;p) so I'm all for you getting to keep her.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Fury

Post by Fury »

PennyLane wrote:http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=desiira

And desiira is back! She even still has Stuffing, her petoot =) Now I need to remember what the background she used to have was called. It was a birthday party and there was a (I think meuka) pinata. So happy to have her back!
Congratulations! This is all ending very well. I just looked at your account and noticed Crothos is there also!

I love the background Desiira has, what is it called? :)
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

After this adventure I hope you will at least keep playing instead of leaving neo again, right? ^_^
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Fury wrote:
Congratulations! This is all ending very well. I just looked at your account and noticed Crothos is there also!

I love the background Desiira has, what is it called? :)
It's Birthday in the Park Background =) Cute and cheap!

I'm definitely interested in neopets again now. I have some goals again, even =D One being finally get a Neoquest 1 gold trophy so that'll keep me busy for awhile.