Stolen Account

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
PennyLane

Re: Stolen Account

Post by PennyLane »

http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml ... nshinebear

i got my account back!! Also my royalgirl chomby is back on my account! AND my gallery is in my sdb. I can't tell yet how much is missing, but it looks like all of my jhudora and dark faerie items are in there AND my Woogi and Jimmy Plushie Set which I was afraid would be gone. There is a royalboy draik on my account now as well, not sure what to do about that. The person who stole my account is such a creeper. I checked my neomails and see some where he was asking people for pictures D= I only have 99k neopoints but that's probably about what I had before this happened - I bought my daughter a royal paint brush for her uni awhile ago and I don't think I had much np after that. All I have to do now is get desiira back, who is on a frozen account, and hope that I get my side and zordes back as well.

*edit*

Wow, I checked the tickets on my account and this person tried to get the account back after it was frozen. In the "what pets have you created" section, he said this:

I created Princess_Alysabeth long ago, which was named after my daughter. I decided to let her go about 2 weeks ago since my daughter asked me to. She wanted our beloved pet to make somebody else less fortunate than us as happy as possible.
Last edited by PennyLane on 04 Jan 2015 04:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. :)

WHAT a creepy person though! Some people are just out of their right minds.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Thanks! I am so thrilled right now =) Hopefully I'll hear back soon if I'm getting my side and other pets back. I'm so happy to see that my account is basically intact. I'm going to work on putting my gallery back together tonight and see if I can tell if anything is missing.
Last edited by PennyLane on 20 Jul 2011 05:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Wow, what a... eh, adjectives fail me. Still, I'm glad you got your stuff back from that weirdo. For a bit there I was afraid the outlook wasn't looking good. Yay for perseverance being rewarded!
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I wonder if the person in your account was the person the hacker sold the account to. Because they do sell accounts, right? So if they, like, cared about the pets and spent NC, maybe they were trying to just play--having bought it illegally. Creepy to think about, maybe.
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Hm maybe. I guess this is why buying accounts is a bad idea. I went to the AC giftshop and it looks like this person played a loooot of AC on my account. 17,000 points to spend.

Time to work on putting my gallery back in order and then I might start hanging out on the neoboards again looking for a SuAP lender. =)
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Excellent news! Yeah, I think that would make sense, if the person bought the account since they seem to have been playing it seriously.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

That's great news :-) The thief sounds like a truly unpleasant guy, I'm wondering if you should make anyone/TNT specifically aware of that?

So glad to hear this has all worked out so far, hopefully now the wheels are well and truly in motion your other pet and account will follow.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fury

Post by Fury »

Congratulations on getting your account back Penny! That is great news.

There are some right dodgy sites out there where people sell accounts, UC pets, items; all sorts. And the fact he/she (I'm guessing it was a he) was asking for pictures (wtf?) is seriously creepy. But hey, you've got an amazing amount of points to spend in the AC shop now, LOL.

I hope you find everything on your account intact! :)
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Oh I'm so glad for you Penny! Wow, what a dick. The neomail that talked about giving up Princess_Alysabeth because "your daughter asked you to" was awful. Good thing you know info about your pets that help TNT decide who is the actual owner. As far as the RB draik is concerned, I might leave it alone. Who knows how he came to acquire it?
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Yay, congrats on getting it back.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Congratulations, Penny.
Glad to see things ending well for a change.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Thanks everyone =) I'm not sure what to do about the draik. I got a neomail about her but it sounds kind of sketchy. I don't know how to tell if this person is telling the truth or if it's just the hacker messing with me. Maybe I could tell TNT and let them deal with returning her?

Yeah that part of the ticket about how my chomby was pounded was ridiculous. So was the part where he says he changed the name on the account from Ashlee to Bear 'so people on the neoboards couldn't pretend to be me and scam people". In what world does that make sense?
EofS

Post by EofS »

I think it's probably best for you to tell TNT. You never know, the draik owner could also be the victim of hacking who is currently thinking she'll never get her pet back because the account's not frozen.

And many congrats on getting your account back, and relatively intact. All I gained from my hacking was a bunch of serf lenses and an empty bank account, so I'm glad that you might have some positives to take away and make up a bit for all the stress and upset.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Working on a new ticket to tnt about the draik right now. I don't want to keep her if she really does belong to this person, but like I said the neomail was sketchy. I don't want to give her to some random person and then find out they lied. So I'll just let tnt deal with it. =)

That's horrible that you lost everything when you got hacked D= I'm feeling really lucky that my items weren't touched. I got both accounts back and now I'm just hoping to get back desiira and zordes. I got a response about desiira back today saying "because your account was compromised long ago we cannot return stolen items". So I pointed out that I'm talking about a pet, not an item. Also that I got my chomby back, and that desiira is just sitting on a frozen account.

*edit*

Wooooooow I neomailed the person to let them know that my account was stolen and that I didn't take their draik, and that i am letting TNT deal with figuring out where it came from. Well I got this threatening neomail back:

Are you ignoring me still? So you did steal Crothos. That is embarrassing that you wold do such a thing with such a nice account of yours. I guess it'll just get frozen. I am sending in a ticket about Crothos because you are clearly to immature to handle the situation as an adult. I don't know why you think you will get away with stealing Crothos but you won't. Enjoy her and your account while you can! You are going down.

It really makes me wonder why I bother with being nice @@