Stolen Account

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Darigan

Re: Stolen Account

Post by Darigan »

I don't know anything about stolen password lists, but was your password easy to guess? Many times all the 'hacker' needs is to guess an easy password.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

They were all a mix of numbers, letters, and symbols so they weren't easy to guess at all.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Sorry to hear about your account and good luck getting it back.

Like some have said, don't be surprised if you get discouraging responses from TNT at first. Keep at it no matter what they say. I've seen so many people get their accounts back because they were persistent.

TNT's emails bounce from my email account too. I've chosen to keep it anyway since the way on-site security is, I feel safer knowing that anyone who broke into my account can't get my PIN from breaking into my email. Of course if I ever forget my (very long, impossible to remember, random numbers/symbols/letters) password, I'm screwed.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Hm well I found out a few days ago that I can't get into another of my side accounts and after checking every single email account I have, I can't figure out which one is connected to it. I had a set of royalgirl and boy shoyrus and years ago and traded the girl for my plushie ixi that got stolen. Well the royalboy is on someone else's account now. It says on the pet description that they traded for him. A few days ago I sent in a ticket about that account and it is now "work in progress" and the account is frozen. =-/ My first ticket about my main is still "open".
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

oh my this has gone from bad to worse i hope you can get them back and i hope this breaking into any of your accounts will stop!
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

I'm sorry, PL. Hope everything gets back to normal.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

So frustrated today. My chomby is now on yet another account. If the last person to have her was just going to pound her I wish they would have just given her back to me =(
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Damn, insult to injury. =(
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

AngharadTy wrote:Damn, insult to injury. =(
yeah really D= And the current owner is ignoring me, too. I figured people would jump on the chance to trade a royal chomby with no clothes for something better, but I guess not.

Because my ticket from 6/25 is still unread by TNT, I just sent another one. Hopefully this one will get some attention soon. =-/
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I keep reading hoping for a "Success, the account is frozen!" message. I'm sorry sorry this has all happened to you Penny, best of luck getting TNT to take notice.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Solved:
(7/7/2011 11:26 AM PDT) We were looking into your issue, but it appears you have already regained access to your account! Unless you respond to let us know otherwise, we will assume you are no longer having an issue. Have fun playing!

omg are they serious? Why would they think I regained access to my account? I told them in the ticket that this hacker is playing on my account like it's his own. Two weeks for this D= I responded back so hopefully they'll look into it further.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Flipping fudge!! I am so angry on your behalf! Do they just skim emails or something?!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

What on earth! That is insanity. Just... what the... how stupid can... geez.
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Yeah....I'm guessing the tech glanced over my (long) ticket, then checked my account and saw that there is recent activity on it and though "oh hey! everything's fixed!" and didn't bother actually reading the ticket, idk. I made sure to mention the creepiness of this person buying NC items for my pets and earning trophies, so I'm not sure what's going on. Delilah D. is the tech who responded to my ticket..anyone have experience with her?
Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird »

I sympathize with you. :(

When it comes to customer service, TNT fails. Miserably.