What?! WHAT FREAKIN FRESH HELL?!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
_neo_kami_91

What?! WHAT FREAKIN FRESH HELL?!

Post by _neo_kami_91 »

Deciding whether or not to spend 100k on the Wheel Of Extravangance.

Wanted a paint brush, so went for it.

Spun for half a second.

Froze.

Took my money.

Checked inventory.

Nothing there.

No changes to pets.

Grrr.

GRRR.

Rawr.

:x
Kantark

Re: What?! WHAT FREAKIN FRESH HELL?!

Post by Kantark »

Might be worth checking to see if you won the avatar or background (the only other prizes that don't give an item or NP). Otherwise I'd assume you landed on the 'X' and are SOL, it ain't called the Wheel of Extravagance for nothing :-(

If it completely froze and didn't just fail to load the next page I suppose you could try submitting a bug report, but I don't know what your chances would be with that.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, unfortunately, "X" seems to be the most common landing-spot, and that's the result it gives - takes NP, leaves nothing to show for it. But if it actually froze, do send in a bug report. That stinks.

Hopefully you did get something from it - an avatar or background.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Whew, from your title I thought something really bad had happened. I opened this thread expecting to see a stolen account and/or pets, so happy that was not the case!

This wheel (along with a few other Neopian additions as of late) is a money sink. Pretty well known that most of the time you spin it and it ever so helpfully removes a large amount of NPs from the economy. How lovely.

I've spun it a few times hoping for an avatar. I've managed to about break even so far on nerkmids and job coupons, but this is on spinning it 10 times tops. I am sure if I continue spinning I will eventually wind up deep in the red, and I have other things to spend my NPs on than the pursuit of one avatar.

I can't believe that came out of MY keyboard, but since I got the avatar collector av I have a much harder time caring. For instance I don't have the grimoire avatars either.