Lab Zap Achievawoe,opinions needed!(EDIT: All done & dusted)

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.

What to do?

Poll ended at 29 Jul 2012 12:21 am

Hey, it's Robot, it's a pretty good one at that - you'd be crazy to zap past it.
No votes
Keep it, but I think it looks better uncased.
No votes
Don't have a Kau, man! You'll get another Robot zap (or FFQ) eventually...
75%
I've got a better idea!
25%

Total votes: 4

Kantark

Lab Zap Achievawoe,opinions needed!(EDIT: All done & dusted)

Post by Kantark »

I started zapping 1N4148 daily nearly six years ago hoping for a Robot zap and, a couple of days ago, hit the jackpot. That's the Achievement.

The Woe is that I'd originally intended 1N4148 to be a Kyrii and had, up until the past few months, dilligently morphed him back whenever he got a species change using morphing potions stashed in my SDB. Well I didn't run out but recently I did get a bit lazy and needless to say when I got the Robot zap he wasn't a Kyrii - he was a Kau.

Now I've got a quandary - I've got the colour I really wanted, just not on the species I really wanted. So... do I keep him as he is, on the principle that if it's taken me 6 years to get this far I could be throwing away my one chance to own a Robot pet. Or do I decide to zap on?

I'm not unkeen on the Kau, both in its cased and uncased form, and I think I could easily get used to it for sure, but it's not what I'd originally envisaged. Do you have any thoughts/suggestions?
Last edited by Kantark on 19 Oct 2012 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
EofS

Re: Lab Zap Achievawoe, opinions needed!

Post by EofS »

It seems to me that there's no harm in simply stopping zapping for a month or two and re-evaluating after that time whether or not you're happy with right colour, wrong species.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

I have no idea how pet trading works, but perhaps you could trade it for a Robot Kyrii?
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I agree with EofS. Take a brief zap-hiatus and see what you think of him in his current form. If in a week or month (or whatever) you haven't grown to like the Robot Kau as much as you had hoped, re-evaluate the situation and go from there.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I'm personally not a fan of the kau at all so I would zap on...unfortunate, though!

Might you be able to convince someone with a Robot Zappermajig to zap your pet into a Kyrii for you? Less random than the lab ray. (I believe Robot isn't available from an FFQ.)
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Too lazy to morph is why I currently have a faerie... nimmo. sigh.

I agree with every one, take a break, zap another pet (another kyrii?) and se if the kau grows on you or if you want to continue zapping after all.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Your robo has some beastly HP!!

Have you considered trading for a robo kyrii? (Can't say I've seen them UFT often, they seem like they'd be a niche market kind of pet, haha.)
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Thanks to you all for the advice and opinions, much appreciated!

I've decided that the Kau isn't really growing on me so it's been GKMP'd* . This may prove to be a silly thing to have done but what's another 6 years? Ahem.

(*okay, the truth: I had planned to keep it for a while as per E / Fjorab / Marah's suggestion... but today I was on auto-pilot rushing round doing my dailies and labbed it by mistake - it turned into a Koi. )
Larkspurlane wrote:Your robo has some beastly HP!!
Hee, yes, he's my default pet for plot battling. The stats make it pretty obvious he's been labbed for a while: 950HP, 299STR, Level 1 :-P

That's probably the main reason I'd rather colour 1N4148 than replace him with another Robot pet (along with 'I don't understand pet trading' and there is also a spectacularly obscure and geeky reason why I want a Robot pet with that name.)

Jazzy, I'd never heard of a Robot Zappermajig but now I've looked it up I regret not expending more effort on the Return of Sloth plot. Shame it's no-trade. And no Robot from FFQ? Drat :-(
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Aw, that sucks Kantark. You have the worst lab ray luck ever with 1N4148. :?

I agree that you may as well zap past Robot and get him to be a Kyrii again. Might I suggest a Lab Ray cookie? At the very least, it quells the monotony of one zap per day.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Given that pet customs are legal, if you got an FFQ it might be possible to trade the FFQ for a zap from the Zappermajig. Don't quote me on that, though, because I always get confused about whether FFQ trading is technically legal.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Resurrecting this thread just to add:

FINALLY! (and yes, he was a Kyrii at the time) :-D Best thing that happened to me this week, for sure.

Now to make sure that he doesn't get zapped again...
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Good for him! That's lovely news.
Image Image
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Congrats!!

I've put backgrounds on the pets i don't zap and made sure the zappies go uncustomized (or make sure they have something otherwise distinctive). It's been the easiest way to avoid mistakes.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Yay! Congratulations! How many years had you been trying for that?
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Thanks guys! I think just over six years, Jazzy. Blimey!

And good idea Fjorab... I'll go and find something suitable right away (then I can get rid of my temporary solution of 'NO LAB!' written in thick marker pen on a piece of paper left on top of the keyboard.)