Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Ailiel

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Ailiel »

Some achievements to report!

In grand tradition, the gamesmaster challenge sparked an obsession in a game I have never played before... and I am officially the best ever (this month) at Assignment 53. Granted my stay at the top of the heap will last less than a week, but I'm number one, and I get a shiny trophy to boot.

The other good things are that I was able to trade for a few NC items that caught my eye recently. Yay for re purposing capsule junk. Falekor has a new background, Ophacia has a new throne, and Aetania has a new tropical tree, and I didn't spend a cent.

And I also won three paint brushes today on Key Quest. Not that paint brush prices are so great anymore, but it was still cool for me.
Pulse

Post by Pulse »

Just got a lost desert paint brush from the fruit machine with 20k!
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

So I popped on over to Neo, for the first time in ages, to see what the ad/layout situation was like now. While I was there I thought I'd check out whether Invasion of Meridell ever got put back up. Well, looks like IoM is gone for good, but...

...then I beat NeoQuest II. For the first time ever. Oh, Christ, the nostalgia. I love that game, I really do.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Bought a Ghostkerbomb for Braedan today. Slowly building up my battleset, ever so slowly. My bank account is very sad now, luckily the last couple of days have been prosperous in Food Club. Next up I am finally going to get my freezer. This time I mean it.
Pulse

Post by Pulse »

Your neopets are awesome! Braedan is definitely an awesome pet.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I won the site spotlight @_@ with a random site I never would have thought had an actual chance. I think they must be low on submissions, like big time. This is my dorky page: http://www.neopets.com/~Lanierenna#a so if anyone has a random-ass petpage sitting around, just submit it...

On the downside the trophy has borked the beautiful lookup Tiel made me. Eep.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Yo gurl, I'm really happy for you.... But I wish they had a better way of organizing trophies. I'll have to look for a way to tweak that, the obvious things I can think of aren't very pretty.

Yay for site spotlight! That's kinda exciting, and it is a nice page. Though, yeah, I guess not too extravagant. Maybe I should find a petpage to beef up, that sounds like a fun project.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Congrats on the site spotlight, Larkspurlane, I spottd your name in the news yeaterday and checked it out. Nice job!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Congratulations, Larkspurlane!

I just wish the trophies were in the order they were earned.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Thank you thank you :D :D
thelonetiel wrote:Yo gurl, I'm really happy for you.... But I wish they had a better way of organizing trophies. I'll have to look for a way to tweak that, the obvious things I can think of aren't very pretty.

Yay for site spotlight! That's kinda exciting, and it is a nice page. Though, yeah, I guess not too extravagant. Maybe I should find a petpage to beef up, that sounds like a fun project.
Definitely "not too extravagant" haha -- one 30min pic, and the rest is text, it probably took like 3 hours to put together in total. I think you should submit some of your pages as-is, I remember loving your fae peophin's story -- the one who is the prow of a boat (? I really hope I'm remembering that correctly otherwise I'm a doofus).

This would have been an awesome week to be in the BC! Them pageviews @_@
Larkspurlane @ neo
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I've been waffling on an Eventide pet with a "Little Fluffy Clouds" theme. I created Ufoff for it but didn't get attached to the name. So i looked up some other Orb/LFC/etc. related names and found that "Ultraworld" wasn't taken - and i liked it better.

So with the luck of a FFQ, i went and "WOW!!!! Ultraworld really looks good now!" - i have an Eventide Ogrin. I actually really like that species/color combo. And it's weird enough to be really appropriate. I am pleased. :-) The only thing that would have been better would have been to pick up a pet named "Orb" - but nah, i'd have to use a roundish pet that i wouldn't like for it to sound right. Tomorrow, he goes back to my music-themed space_fjorab account.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Oh wow, that is one good looking ogrin (never thought I would ever type that). Nice customizing too. Petpet match ideas?! I've looked at the eventide petpets but none caught my fancy.

I'm zapping Westward the uni for eventide, gimme your FFQ luck. (The FQ cookies are totally rigged, I don't think I've missed a week since they came out and I haven't seen a single FFQ. Grr.)
Larkspurlane @ neo
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Best of luck! And yeah, i need to figure out some petpets for a few of my newer pets, especially the ones who are now their intended colors.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Very nice looking. I've become partial to ogrins over the years, and eventide's a pretty colour for them. Love the customisation.

For a petpet, how about a Cirrus?
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Thanks, that's an idea. :-)

I will probably also contemplate thematic pets, listening to some more Orb, KLF, Moby, and Orbital. It surprises me that i don't have a Moby-themed pet at all! :P

In sort-of news, i was in a little sports memorabilia and collector card store that i visit occasionally, and i found half a box of the "collector" (not TCG) cards...and bought them out. I didn't notice them there before, but even those have been out and also discontinued for a while now.