Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Jamie

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Jamie »

Aw, sad to see you go! It's definitely been a bit of a rough time on the site and their handling of the Duping issue is quite abysmal. I'm not surprised to see good users go.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I feel like I've missed something - what's up with the duping?

I've been basically avoiding the site during this transition.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I didn't know either so I had a look-see...

It seems that the duplication glitch/exploit that occurred a long time ago has re-appeared and the TP/Auctions/shops are awash with copied items. This is the 'serious item issue' that TNT mentioned in this week's editorial.

Be extra-super-cautious buying anything on Neo right now, especially if it looks abnormally cheap. Also be very careful accepting offers on any trades, you might be offered 'tainted' NP from a cheater. Allegedly people are getting frozen for buying duplicated items or benefitting from the sale of 'dupes'. How we're supposed to tell, and how TNT is going to clear up the mess once the exploit has been patched, is still anyone's guess.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yikes! That's sad and scary, how people can be like that. Thanks for the heads-up.

Sad to see you leaving it, Gumdrops...but it's understandable.
Rah

Post by Rah »

I logged on in October to find that I was frozen, I had absolutely no idea why as I'm a relatively quiet user, hadn't really bought anything in a while and hadn't even been around! I sent in a ticket asking why I was frozen as I was given no reason, I gave them as much proof of the account being mine and what was in it, etc.

Finally, YESTERDAY, I get a reply! Turns out I was frozen for abusing a glitch (I'm assuming it means the duping issue?) and was told I would not be unfrozen. I wrote back immediately as this was clearly erroneous, I barely even play. I just asked them if they'd look into it further, and it's possible my account was compromised if there was any evidence of glitch abuse. I figured it would take them another two months to reply, but low and behold, today I get a reply email saying my account has been unfrozen. Hooray!

I looked around and everything seems intact. I have a pin number on all the important things, but the only thing that was empty was my inventory...which may have been something I did, I hate a full inventory. My gallery is still there, my pets are all the same, my closet is still full. All in all, that two month freeze transitioned me quite nicely into the new site xD (Although I was feeling kind of...free? at the idea of not being ABLE to go back!)
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

I have four sides now and I have gotten four draik eggs, I used one of them and now have a draik named moonlightsymphony. She was hatched pirate, but I won a faerie brush and now she is faerie draik. I wanted a boy but I am ok with a girl. I have also one more pet to morph/paint then I will be done pets wise. After that it will be onto working on the neohomes and gallery .
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Like everyone else it seems, I drift in and out of Neo. But I recently accomplished a project I've been working on (off and on) for a few years...

Aurea got her honorary book club trophy a few nights ago. Over the years I made a habit of checking books off of her jellyneo checklist (great little tool). Now she has the wisdom to match her age-- 15 years old next month.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

More a worry-gripe than anything, but...I wonder if they'll EVER figure out how to fix this blasted lag. They keep taking the site down for an hour at a time every few days or so, but I haven't really noticed any major improvements except that it's not a complete bogged-down standstill anymore like it was mid-December.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Funny you should mention that today Fjorab - I've just done my (limited amount of) dailies and tonight the site positively flew, much faster than it's been for weeks. Most pages taking in the region of 2-5 seconds to load. Every other time the site's been down for streamlining it's come back with no noticeable improvement, so fingers are crossed that this time they're making progress!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I managed to reach 15k daily bank interest to pay for my stocks!

Course, this matters less now there's a daily that pays 19k/day...
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Ugh... apparently someone got into my Neopets account, stole my UC Royalgirl kyrii, are attempting to advertise her as a trade, and my account is frozen... and I can't get the password reset to work to even log in and file a ticket. On any of my accounts. So incredibly frustrated right now
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Oh no! I'm so sorry Jessi! I think in that situation it would be okay to make a junk account just for ticket tracking purposes? I've heard that is way easier - the ticket system is stupid clunky sometimes.

I've heard rumors that there are people that can hack into accounts (it sounds like reliably?) and will watch them until they go dormant. So they aren't stealing people's pets if they are active, but are willing to do so if the account isn't being used? And it's totally the high end UC pets that they are watching.

I wish I knew more. Like if there's a vulnerability with email services, or PINs, or the transfer system. Hearing the rumor has made me log into my accounts more regularly, even my side accounts, but I have no idea if it helps.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

A truly woeful tale of woe: I've been spinning the Wheel of Knowledge trying to get the Brightvale avatar fairly consistently each day. I checked my avatar list today: I already have it, and have had it for at least a year already.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The bad news is I'm still frozen.
The good news is, Sojourns is back on my account!! Not sure of how that happened, but maybe it's a sign they'll restore my account soon. I hope so!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Hooray! Just went off for some sojourns, I guess. ...probably you've already heard that a bunch.

Hopefully the rest gets sorted out soon. Good luck there.
Image Image