Update: I'm unfrozen, tips on how to protect your account

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Mistress Morbid

Re: Update: I'm unfrozen, tips on how to protect your account

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Hey Jazzy! :) I talked a bit in the other chat thread the other day, but yes been doing good! My main obsession is World of Warcraft and has been for the past 15 years or so haha.

Also which board is that you're referring to? :o

EDIT: GOOD NEWS

they actually got me my original account back somehow! AND MY UC DARIGAN DRAIK! All of my other pets are gone but I still have items in my safety deposit and my gallery so that's something. I'm mostly relieved because this is the account that has all my old trophies and proof of achievement. I hope I can keep it secure this time even if I don't get super invested again, I've realized how important it is to me on a sentimental level.
Image Image
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Congratulations, that's great news! I can definitely understand the sentimental value :D
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

That's great news!

I still don't have any momentum on recovering my frozen (since 2016 for who-knows-why) main. It still seems to be there, as my name and battle pet are the correct combo, but...still the weird runaround when trying to log in.
Mistress Morbid

TNT seems frustratingly inconsistent in how they handle things, which is the worst part. I'm really feeling like I lucked out and got someone in a good mood or something, because I know a couple other people now who are looking into retrieving their old accounts and having no luck! x_x

On a positive note, even though most of my pets were traded away by the hackers who were in my accounts during my hiatus, I've surprisingly managed to recover a lot of them through the kindness of other users.

I just got my most precious pet, Zhale, back this morning. I ended up having to trade my UC Darigan Bori for him, but he was my original pet, the first one I made when I started on the site and my most sentimental one. I'm filled with so much relief, I'm really going to try to get involved in the site again because I don't want to go through this again.

I also got 3 other pets back by reaching out to their new owners. I was not expecting anything to be honest, I couldn't blame them for taking pets in what they thought was a legitimate trade at the time, but shockingly a few of them were nice enough to give them back after I explained the situation.
Image Image
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Hi All! It seems there's a few of us that have come back out of the woodwork and gotten our accounts back. I was personally inspired by the work-at-home induced boredom that Covid-19 has brought on.

Good to see so many familiar names!
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Hey Jamie, welcome back! I definitely sympathise with WFH boredom and was really happy when my work let me go back in. I'm very grateful for having a stable job but WFH is not good for me!

(It does feel a bit weird that we're all here with proper jobs and stuff, heh.)
Mistress Morbid

Look at all of us returning! :D

It's been nice to settle back in honestly, it feels comfortable and familiar. I haven't really done much so far aside from regaining a few pets and doing my dailies but, it's good to have. I like this new Trudy's Surprise thing as a steady source of income for a casual player. Also Ghoul Catchers, even though I've chosen a poor time to return as I hear it's going to be discontinued, it so far seems to still give NP so I've been getting my 50k a day easily from that.
Image Image
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Yeah, we're all adults and things now! Generally I'm enjoying WFH, mostly for time with the pooch and the time I get to save commuting.

For casual income, I'm finding Food Club is great! Especially considering we all have very old accounts. I follow this betting page:
http://www.neopets.com/~Boochi_Target
There are some days that bust, but generally you get pretty good returns. Over the past couple of weeks I am up 1.2mil and I have forgotten some days.