Major painting and training achievements

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Major painting and training achievements

Post by Wingsrising »

1) Estrelan finally reached both the 250 strength and defence boosts. I've only been at this, what, forever? (Or so it feels like.) On some advice Cranberry has posted, I'm going to pause for a bit and maybe do a weapons upgrade before I shoot for 300.

2) To celebrate the fact that I'm no longer going to be dropping 300k a week on codestones, I decided to take a deep breath, cross the Rubicon, and paint Darsharan:

I was really, really freaked out about painting over her (since she was a grandfathered pet) but.. she's so pretty now! I do sort of wish the faceplate came off, just for grins and giggles, but... I'm pleased.

If she only showed up as something other than a GEAR everywhere the small version of the pet is shown, I'd be happy... (does anyone else have this problem?)

Of course, now my Camouflage Aisha sort of sticks out, and most of my pets don't match their petpets anymore... oh, well. For the first time in, well, ever, I'm happy with the way my pets look (to within the limitations of the devamp).

EDIT: Experimentation reveals that she shows up as a gear any time I try to customize her, by adding or removing clothes. Weird. I filed a bug report. Hopefully this gets fixed since I'd like to take her cape off.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Very pretty! Congratulations on your... gear. ^_~
Image Image
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Here... my gear:

This was really hard to explain in the 255 characters allowed in the new bug report form. I tried to file a comment about the annoyingness of the new 255 character restriction on the bug report form, and it wouldn't let me submit a complaint with the URL of the bug report form as the page with the problem (even though that was, in fact, the page with the problem.)

Gah. Hopefully she gets de-geared soon.

EDIT: Some other people on PPT are having the same problem with customized pets. Everyone with custom pets, go check to see if you now have cogs...
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

I had a gear yesterday on a non-customized pet. http://alicorn.critter.net/neopets/scre ... earpet.jpg

It HAD been a customized Usul with some desert accessories, though, and later got zapped into a gnorbu- when I went back into the customization tool, it said something about removing non-compatible items and putting them back in the closet. I really should have just left the pet as a gear- looks better than the tyrannian gnorbu it is now!

Congratulations on the painting achievement, though! Darsharan looks lovely.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Ah, she looks gorgeous, I'm considering getting a Royal Girl Peophin myself, because they look so beautiful. And a lot of people I know are having the gear problem too, I really don't get it ^^
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

My lab pet on my side (a white grundo) is a gear, too. Snarkie said the artists are working on emotions ("emotions are still being uploaded"), so maybe it has something to do with that? I dunno.

Also, your pets look great. The peophin is especially lovely.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Interesting. Dar was de-gearified as of this morning (even in her cloakless form) and none of my other pets are gears at the moment, so I'll consider myself lucky for the time being.

Of course, now this is making me think I should have kept my Aisha Cloud to continue the blue theme. :-) I like the Camouflage Aisha better though -- the new Cloud Aisha looks like it has black eyes.