The Dreaded 20k Glitch

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Aurinona

The Dreaded 20k Glitch

Post by Aurinona »

Apparently there's some sort of glitch going on related to older accounts (my main is 74 months, people are saying that nobody under 4 years is confirmed to be affected) that keeps resetting the amount of NPs in the user's inventory to 20k. Mine was at 20k when I looked this morning, which seemed really low for what I usually carry, but I decided I must have been oblivious and maybe put things in the bank before bed or something... then I pulled out 200k, bought a few items bringing me down to 190k, then went for a 10 NP item... BAM, back down to 20k.

So I have no idea how much I lost last night (probably several hundred k) and another 170k just a few minutes ago. NOT HAPPY.

I thought I'd been cookie-grabbed, and changed password, logged out, sent bug report, etc- but apparently this is going on for a lot of people. Anyone else on an older account whose NP out is at 20k right now (and shouldn't be)- don't pull out anything from the bank, sell stocks, etc, because it'll just get reset and you'll probably lose it all.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Re: The Dreaded 20k Glitch

Post by Jazzy »

Thanks for the headsup; I'm keeping 22k out for now to see if I can make it happen to me, because if it does I'll know not to sell the ~700k of stocks I'm planning to today.
varii

Post by varii »

Ugh. My account is 94 months old. I've been playing games all morning and I still have 42k out..and had thirty when I got up this morning. Will it affect my np if I put it in the bank? And does it work the other way? Like if you have under 20k and buy something will it reset?
rei @ neopets
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

I think if you haven't been hit yet, you won't be- apparently it resets every few minutes for affected accounts.

And yes, it does reset upwards if you get below that amount (did to me once before I knew what was going on), but I'm sure if I kept buying items to recoup my losses, Neo would call it "exploiting a glitch". :?
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

And of course this happens just before Thanksgiving...