I beat NQII on Insane difficulty...

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
daisybell

I beat NQII on Insane difficulty...

Post by daisybell »

... and all I got was a lousy Staff of Righteous Fury.

Well, I got the gold trophy and 50,000 neopoints too. But to get the SoRF is kind of crappy... especially as I can't go back and try again for another prize. Both the times I played Evil I got RSB so I suppose overall I haven't done that badly. But to get a prize that's actually worth less this time is a disappointment, though of course I knew it was a risk when I began playing.
Neopets wishlists: here
oogabooga

Re: I beat NQII on Insane difficulty...

Post by oogabooga »

I feel your pain, Daisy - the same thing happened to me. It's really frustrating, especially since the first time I tried Insane mode I died in chapter 3.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Ditto. Well, not about dying in Chapter 3, but about playing and getting the Staff. I ended up going back and buying the Bow of Destiny in trades.

Congrats on finishing, though!
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

sorry about the prize but congrats on beating it. at least there should be some war inflation now, i hope?

i honestly didn't think i'd finish when i beat the game. kt2 is scary on insane.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Sucks about the prize. I got the Wand of Reality when I beat it, though I guess it was making up for the two ToT I got from playing Evil. So we're opposites, I guess?
derp
Fury

Post by Fury »

I recieved a ToT when I completed Evil and then lost when battling King Terask II on Insane quite a while ago. You can imagine what my face looked like when all my characters had fainted. I probably shouted out a string of obsceneties also.

I started again though and I'm in the Haunted Woods at the moment. I don't have the energy to steam through it like I did the first time but if I get a SORF I will ... WARGHHH >8(
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Ouch on the prize, but congrats on the achievement of beating the game!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

It's nice to know I'm not alone- and I have not dying to be thankful for. I took a break of several months between chapter 3 and chapter 4 so I don't remember the effort put into those early chapters. Chapter 5 was actually very easy, apart from Terask II, and even he wasn't that bad.

I doubt I'll play Evil through again since the prizes are very deflated and my expected gain would be small- I'd do better spending the time playing flash games. I guess NQIII isn't on the cards with Keyquest and so on, long-winded and static RPGs aren't going to be high on TNT's list of feature to appeal to the masses.
Neopets wishlists: here
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Ouch :(

I got the Tooth in Evil for game number XIV, and I felt so ripped off as well =(
I doubt I'll play Evil through again since the prizes are very deflated
I sold my RSB for 700K last week.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Congrats on finishing it! I have very fond memories of all my three games (highly addictive game), though I had to fight teeth and nails to get through the first third of Insane. It's a such a huge difficulty leap.

Ouch about the staff though :(
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta