Who... How... Why...??? (Stunned achievement)

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Who... How... Why...??? (Stunned achievement)

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

So some of you might know that I had one big foster project left to complete-- the last of my fosters still unpainted. I decided there was a lot worse he could be than Maraquan, and since he couldn't be swapped into the lab, I would just have to save up for it the old-fashioned way, limited 'net access notwithstanding.

So I logged in today to find...

...Someone has sent me a Maraquan Meerca Morphing Potion.

The account is nondescriptness itself. No pets. Standard avatar. Registered as German, but that might just be to throw me off. Name... NCer.

So whoever you are, if you're reading this, thankyouthankyouthankyou. Tigs will be morphed as soon as I recover my jaw from the floor.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Kari

Re: Who... How... Why...??? (Stunned achievement)

Post by Kari »

Congrats, that's great! It seems that same person sent me some Draik wearables ^^ Thank you, mysterious person.
derp
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I'Ve been visited by the same user yesterday. Got two wishlist items from that user. :)

Maraquan Meercas are my fav. Maraquan pets since customisation. Congrats!
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

The same person sent me a Speckled Paint Brush. I don't know who they are, but their account says they're a Newbie, and I'm confused at where they got the NP from. Normally I'd accept, and I'm tempted to since this person obviously knows about the NC, and it seems very nice of them to be gifting us. But, it says a lot in the editorial that if you accept items that have been autobought, your own account is at risk (a dumb rule, but that's the way it is). I feel pretty nasty saying this, since this person's just doing something nice to us NCers, and I feel bad saying this about someone who I have no proof has used an autobuyer, but, I can't help be a little bit anxious.

Still, the thought is appreciated :D
Fury

Post by Fury »

Congratulations!

The same very kind person sent me a Royal Paint Brush! I still can't get over it. 8D
EofS

Post by EofS »

hebdenhippy wrote:The same person sent me a Speckled Paint Brush. I don't know who they are, but their account says they're a Newbie, and I'm confused at where they got the NP from.
Given that they are, by their admission, an NCer then I'm guessing it's a new account created for this purpose, or at least utilised for this purpose whilst it's still unknown. Probably just want to remain anonymous - which I think is understandable in the circumstances.
hebdenhippy wrote:Normally I'd accept, and I'm tempted to since this person obviously knows about the NC, and it seems very nice of them to be gifting us. But, it says a lot in the editorial that if you accept items that have been autobought, your own account is at risk (a dumb rule, but that's the way it is). I feel pretty nasty saying this, since this person's just doing something nice to us NCers, and I feel bad saying this about someone who I have no proof has used an autobuyer, but, I can't help be a little bit anxious.
Well haven't a few people (yourself included) received paintbrushes? They can't be autobought because they don't appear in shops. The royal pb too, there's no autobuying possible there.

I'm not saying it's not right to be suspicious, but I think in this case it does look like it's probably just someone who doesn't want people to be able to identify them.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Yeah, your right EofS, I just sort of have an auto reaction to these things. Because my good neofriend was frozen for accepting an autobought item. But the person has mailed me and explained it was just a random gifting to NCers. Which is very nice ^^ and I greatly appreciate it :D
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I assume the same person sent me a purple PB. Whoever this is, thank you very, very, VERY much! Now I have to figure out if I should use it on Dalahast or save it for something else.

I accepted it since so many people here seem to have been "gifted" by the person, but I acknowledge that there is some risk involved in doing that.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I had a feeling it was benevolent when I got the Green Negg Plushie.

Funny, since I usually decline items from side accounts.

I looked around at some of your account's when I was looking at 'Who did that', and I found another Bri Codestone on someone's lookup when doing it :)
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I was fortunate and received a paint brush too - a lovely surprise that cheered me up this evening. Thank you, whoever you are :)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Bif

Post by Bif »

You know, to really stay anonymous - the lovely gifter is going to have to 'gift' themselves (or at least post on there saying that they got gifted) so as not to attrack attention. :P
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Unless it's a lurker, or someone who posts rarely, or someone who quit and therefore doesn't care about a gift.... There's a lot of kinds of visitors to NC. ^_~
Image Image
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

AngharadTy wrote:Unless it's a lurker, or someone who posts rarely, or someone who quit and therefore doesn't care about a gift.... There's a lot of kinds of visitors to NC. ^_~
It's been a long time since I studied German, but I believe one of the meanings of "abschied nehmen" is "to take one's leave of something"...

I accepted the MP, and Tigs is now happily spiky. I don't imagine Mara Meerca MPs stock that often, so I wouldn't really imagine it was an autobuyer or anyone being suspicious.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Wow, that's really awesome of someone.
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

I love when this happens :)