$£%*^!! Warned??

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Rainbow Daydreamer

$£%*^!! Warned??

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

You have received an official warning from the Neopets Team for violating the Neopets Terms and Conditions. You may not ask for or offer web design or other services or use Neopets images or materials to earn money, Neopoints, or Neopets’ Items. This is a violation of Neopets copyright and trademark rights and is strictly forbidden. If you continue to break the rules, your account will be permanently frozen. To see a list of Neo Rules, please visit http://www.neopets.com/chatrules.phtml. Please do not reply to this NeoMessage.
0_0

Four years of adhering to the rules like a lovestruck limpet and now I get warned for something I didn't do.

I don't sell design work. I don't even do free design work. I wouldn't begin to know how to code a lookup. I've done a grand total of one art request and that hasn't even been delivered to the recipient yet. There is no way I would ever be charging for design services. You're more likely to see me backstabbing in Werewolf.

I've sent off a support form asking what exactly I'm supposed to have done, so hopefully if it's something on a petpage I can take it down. But... oh, man, I'm scared now. Scared for my accounts and my pets. If it happens once it could happen again.

This has really ruined my day.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Usul_Princess

Re: $£%*^!! Warned??

Post by Usul_Princess »

I've seen warnings given similar to that one if you advertize pet fostering on a pet page. (Neopound fosters/pets officially UFA with a rules page) Not that the two are related in the slightest. But another NC'er (carsandtrains) instead of a warning given, her petpage HTML was simply wiped without notice. Sending a letter helps, but once premium has told me that TNT staff receieves 10,000+ frozen emails/day. Everything else is secondary. Maybe if you put pets on off site links. Or some vindictive person on the boards doesn't like you. (Now *that* I've heard they take seriously. The harrasser is iced in a week.)
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

It sounds to me like the sort of thing they'd send to someone asking for a petpage application to adopt a pet. I'm not saying you asked for anything unreasonable, but that would be my best guess at why you got reported. I'll go and look at your petpages and things and see if there's anything which seems like it might be misinterpreted by someone as breaking the new rules regarding petpage applications.

It could be that the monitor has misinterpreted the rules regarding petpage applications, though- you've asked someone to use a petpage to put down some information, but without needing designs or artwork (which I think is still okay to do) and they've thought that means an all singing all dancing html- and css-ified petpage application.

EDIT:

I've looked through your adoption agency rules, and I think I can see why you were warned. I'm not saying I agree with the fact that you were, but given what TNT have said, it makes a certain amount of sense.
your adoption rules wrote:5. Be creative. DC and Avie are not likely to accept an application that reads "please can I have your pet? I'll take good care of it." We need specifics, and I want to know why one of my fosterlings would be the perfect pet for you. Petpages, dedicated shops, pictures, and userlookups are all nice, but I don't require any of these: Neomails are fine too-- remember that love is far more important than fancy HTML. No chatspeak, please, as I find it rather hard to read.
NT editorial 343, reply to penultimate question wrote:No one may require/request/hint that an extreme Petpage application is required.
You've made it clear that you don't require anyone to do html or artwork for a pet but at the same time, there is a suggestion that these things will make an application more likely to be successful. Someone being malicious or pedantic or just plain rushed when reading what you said could interpret your rules to mean that to adopt one of your fosters, they would need to do something which TNT would define as "extreme".

It might be something else entirely, of course (and if it was your adoption agency rules, they could have wiped the whole petpage or actually told you that's what it was and that they needed changing, but then that might be just too helpful...) but I don't think it would hurt to try to reword that section of your adoption rules so that they couldn't be interpreted as being against Neopets rules.
Neopets wishlists: here
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

daisybell wrote:I've looked through your adoption agency rules, and I think I can see why you were warned. I'm not saying I agree with the fact that you were, but given what TNT have said, it makes a certain amount of sense.
your adoption rules wrote:5. Be creative. DC and Avie are not likely to accept an application that reads "please can I have your pet? I'll take good care of it." We need specifics, and I want to know why one of my fosterlings would be the perfect pet for you. Petpages, dedicated shops, pictures, and userlookups are all nice, but I don't require any of these: Neomails are fine too-- remember that love is far more important than fancy HTML. No chatspeak, please, as I find it rather hard to read.
NT editorial 343, reply to penultimate question wrote:No one may require/request/hint that an extreme Petpage application is required.
You've made it clear that you don't require anyone to do html or artwork for a pet but at the same time, there is a suggestion that these things will make an application more likely to be successful. Someone being malicious or pedantic or just plain rushed when reading what you said could interpret your rules to mean that to adopt one of your fosters, they would need to do something which TNT would define as "extreme".

It might be something else entirely, of course (and if it was your adoption agency rules, they could have wiped the whole petpage or actually told you that's what it was and that they needed changing, but then that might be just too helpful...) but I don't think it would hurt to try to reword that section of your adoption rules so that they couldn't be interpreted as being against Neopets rules.
I would accept that idea were it not for one problem-- the petpage with my adoption rules is on mousetourmaline, not rainbow_daydreamer, and I thought TNT generally didn't have the common sense to figure out where people's main accounts were (especially since I take fostering mail, just to complicate things further, on dreamcreator). I'll give that paragraph a tweak, even though it seems rather ridiculous that I'd get in trouble for a sentence stating that I don't require artwork or HTML. Never mind. I need to mess about a bit with that page anyway, and now's as good a time as any.

I just feel... weird about this whole thing. A well-known HCer recently got her fourth warning, only two of which were correct, and was frozen. Now I kind of feel like I have a sword hanging over my head, even though it's just one warning.

I used the "for faster error reporting" link from my portal, so hopefully TNT will at least get around to telling me what I did sometime before August.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Sorry about the warning. I have heard back from TNT in the past about an unwarranted warning, so I hope they will get back to you too. They really should be more specific about the cause of the warning.