I won the petpet spotlight!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Larkspurlane

I won the petpet spotlight!

Post by Larkspurlane »

Cool! :mrgreen:

I logged in today and I had like 50 messages and I was like "um... no one EVER neomails me..." and so I knew something was up.

I wrote the petpet blurb in like 45mins last saturday morning and used a part of my bigger faerie lenny pic for my picture.

http://www.neopets.com/petpetspotlight.phtml?place=325

It's SO CHEESY. It kills me! I can't believe of all things that go public on this massive site, it's the corniest thing I've written. Hahaha.

It's cool to be on the front page though!
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Huggles
Feral Koala

Re: I won the petpet spotlight!

Post by Huggles »

Hee. I felt the same way. What? You're making that public? But hey, you get a nice shiny trophy and random love, funnies, and hate for a couple days. Congrats!
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Haha. I haven't had the random hate yet... touch wood that I don't!

I wonder when the shiny trophy shows up... like the week after you win or something?

Hay Huggles, link to your petpet spotlight so I can read it? :mrgreen: Now I'm curious...
Larkspurlane @ neo
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

LOL! Don't cringe... It was actually adorable! + considering that you must've written it ages ago (it's in the first 1-25 category!).

Plus you were super imaginative with your layout and your narrative breaks. A+ :mrgreen:
Larkspurlane @ neo

Post by 23639377 »

I saw the winner yesterday and I thought the username sounds somehow familiar... no wonder, that's you! Congratulations! I envy your writing and drawing ability... >:(

Huggles, yours is great too! Just being curious, why's there a copyright mark on the pic?
(Forum set is under construction)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

In the early days of Neo, copyrights were still allowed on user made images. Plus, the image was drawn by a friend of mine for me and he didn't play Neopets, which was something that was also still permitted at that time. Er... I mean using art made for you by someone else in contests was allowed, not that TNT didn't allow people to not play Neopets.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Congrats, Lark! I saw your Skree picture that popped up on the main page! Hopefully that award would be a start to ease back into it. ^_^ I did an entry for Lord_Nelly sometime in 2006. I'm sure they found it that same year, but they wanted him to star on Scorchio day, so they waited until 2007. Zebru was the first to spam my neomail telling me about how I won. :)

http://www.neopets.com/spotlight.phtml?place=747

Huggles, that picture is so fantastic I probably would've never read your crappy cheesy story all the way through because I'd be too busy eyeing the nicely drawn harris and your prettyful account.

...And whose isn't cheesy? And also, no one stood a chance up against the artwork either of you entered. As far as the story content, If it isn't diabetes inducing sweet and overly child-proof It probably will be seen as a threat of some sort nowadays. I got him up to 800 IQ, but was aiming for 1,000. He now lives with my best friend due to this awful condidtion called "customization". Makes your pet disfigured. *tsk* tsk*
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

"If it isn't diabetes inducing sweet and overly child-proof It probably will be seen as a threat of some sort nowadays"

Hahahaha. That's so true!! It's like a cheese competition more than a writing one. It's always been like that, though, so I can't pull out my old crank hat and reminisce at length about how great it was before... :D

I wonder what percentage of people who write for the NT/poetry comp/etc actually spend their writing time laughing at their own corniness. I know I was, LOL. I also entered the poetry comp for tomorrow's choco ball or w/e, just for kicks. I will actually crawl under a rock if it gets published, it's like this creepy wanna be Willy-Wonka-pedophiliac-undertones piece of crap. I'll keep you posted. *laughing*

So far, the petpet/pet spotlights you guys have shared have actually not been that bad...!! Oh, and Lord_Nelly's intelligence is crazy high. That must've taken you ages. It's too bad you didn't reach your goal! On the same account as Lord_Nelly, the lil Beaufox is such a cutie! I love the name & the color is a perfect match.
Larkspurlane @ neo
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Larkspurlane wrote:On the same account as Lord_Nelly, the lil Beaufox is such a cutie! I love the name & the color is a perfect match.

Actually that's my best friend, Heather's main account that Lord_Nelly is on now. I gave both him and Beaufox to her. I love his name too, and I miss them being UC babies. I'm overly dismissive and anal about how baby Neopets now because I had a baby themed account that wiped all 4 pets out. Most people don't seem to care either way, but I used to love all baby pets that didn't have balloon-heads and no body.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy