AG woe.

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Larkspurlane

AG woe.

Post by Larkspurlane »

Didn't get in for Grarrl Day. Figures it's when I put in actual effort. 6 hrs! This really burns my biscuits.

So, um, if anyone ever wants to use a random pic of the Grarrl Gladiator for lookups or something, here's one that's free to use. I guess there are many flaws now that I'm seeing it with fresh eyes so I see why they wouldn't use it. Still sucks! :(
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Bif

Re: AG woe.

Post by Bif »

Oh...My....God!

This is the most amazing picture that I have ever seen of a Neopet, except for the one you did of the Lenny. You have amazing skill and I can only think that the reason that they didn't pick it was because they didn't want people to complain that

'They are too young to do that sort of thing and my pictures which I work really hard on never get picked'

It is a site about money and whiney little kids after all.

But don't loose hope, this picture is to die for and I can't see any of these flaws that you are talking about.

Keep up the amazing work, I'd love to see more! :)
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

This is amazing. I can't believe you didn't get in!
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

It makes me laugh that you're the fanartist, and the staff can't draw paperdoll grarrls to safe their life. XD
You will be a multichampion with that kind of Artwork. You may have just submitted it too late for Grarrl day. I guarentee you'll be chosen. I wasn't chosen for the pet spotlight until Scorchio day the following year. So they probably saw your work, and archived it for next week/month...hopefully not next year...but you know.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Just as a note, you have to remember they get hundreds of pictures in for these days, and they have to pick a combination of amazing art and not-so-amazing art to make it fair to everyone (which I completely understand). There's been plenty of times FMD hasn't been in the art gallery when her pieces were better than almost everyone in there. It's possible they may just have a random update to the art gallery soon and put it in there. Keep re-submitting it, and sooner or later it will get put in.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Thanks guys. I think I was just pissed off last night because the effort I'd put into it was still fresh. So it rubbed me pretty raw. :@

Ty ty Bif! There are loads of problems: the hand's angle is off, tail is too wide, my shading on the straps disappeared, and you can't see the bend in the foot that makes it look like his leg has a joint. Also, the grass is halfass. Hahaha. OTOH, I'm glad I didn't bother to put a wealth of detail into it, because looking @ the other pics my 'problems' are mere quibbles & I don't think that would've made a difference.

I hope it's been saved somewhere, usul_p... your pet spotlight experience gives me hope. All is not lost. Lol.

Jessi, I don't know who FMD is, but I feeeel her paiiinnn. I will resubmit it periodically as you suggest.

*edited for grouchy remarks :mrgreen:*
Larkspurlane @ neo
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

That's stunning! I'm sure once they browse through all the pictures they'll put it aside for the first theme or random art day.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta

Post by 23639377 »

O.M.G. That's totally STUNNING. I love your technic, background, the pose, colours, etc. EVERYTHING. Stupid judges! *kicks*
(Forum set is under construction)
covet

Post by covet »

I'm SURE that will get in at some point. It's beautiful. I've managed to get in plenty of times with terrible art, I suspect that for the pet days they grab almost randomly, and then get selective in between.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Absolutely gorgeous. You're an amazing artist. :)
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

:mrgreen: thank you for the nice words. *fingers x'd it'll be used eventually!*
Larkspurlane @ neo