First pet painting in...years maybe?

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Xelio

First pet painting in...years maybe?

Post by Xelio »

To celebrate coming back to neopets I dusted off the safe in my bank and yoinked out enough points to finally paint Paraktah the color I had been hoping for since the day Sterlinglyons let me adopt him ages ago. I don't really consider this a minor achievement, what with the price those brushes are going these days. Wait to go neopets, make clothes a bigger feature and don't unretire one of the few brushes that give clothing. Ah well, Para was worth it. On top of his new paint job he's been getting a personality tweak as well. All in all, it's been very exciting, in spite of the arrgh events when I was first trying to acquire a brush for painting.

"I have a new look, now give me new art!"

/edit

Now that Para is desert, I've found I'm not sure what to do about his petpet. I love the flankin and would hate to loose the little thing, but almost wonder if it'd be worth it just to get a pet that better fits desert. Any suggestions are welcome of course and should I decide I definitely want to change the petpet I'll probably end up making a board on the petpet thread if there isn't already a desert draik.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: First pet painting in...years maybe?

Post by TCStarwind »

Woo, congrats. :D Desert draiks are nice, especially without that funny thing on their head. XD I owes you something nice, too. Does he have a specific design, or is he currently a standard desert draik?

Gods, I remember painting my aisha desert. Impulsively, I might add. It would never have happened if they weren't so cheap at the time, though. :/ 200-300k ish, I think. I'm actually surprised the p/b is around 1 mill as it is. Deserts are some of the best pets around, and they have clothes. You'd think the prices would have completely skyrocketed, right? XD
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I've pretty much got him how I want. I'm not so into the clothes thing, but on Para I'm fine with putting on some pants. Other than figuring out what to do with his petpet, he's all done. He loves hats, so I might get him some more of those at some point, but that has yet to be seen, based entirely on the chances of new, nice looking hats coming out.

I blanch at spending over a million np on a paint brush, but hey, what else what I going to do with my np at this point? I'm just glad the price of desert brushes hasn't going up more than it has at this point.
Subeta - Neopets
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

TCStarwind wrote:, I think. I'm actually surprised the p/b is around 1 mill as it is. Deserts are some of the best pets around, and they have clothes. You'd think the prices would have completely skyrocketed, right? XD
It has, actually. It was only a few hundred K when I painted my Aisha desert, a little over a year ago. (I assume the reason it was so cheap then is that it was a LD plot prize.)

Congrats on the pet painting!
covet

Post by covet »

Aww congrats. Draiks are one of the pets I don't think did too badly in the revamp, at least in their standard pose, and desert is a very pretty colour on them. \o/
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Speaking of the clothes, I'm just glad that a headband was released in that NC mall thing and that it was cheap enough I could still use those free points given towards it ages ago. No way I was going to spend real cash on an on again/off again hobby.

Dang, I wasn't aware just a little over a year ago those were so much cheaper of brushes. Really, with desert being one of the few brush options that comes with clothes something would be done to curb the price a little. Then you have odd brushes like Halloween were most, but not all the pets get clothing out of the deal. Seems to me for a clothing system that's been implemented for a year or so little practical work has been done.

I'm with you though covet, draiks are one of the few species in default I don't think looks too bad. Some of the redraws were murdered, but the basic isn't too horrible, in spite of the goofy fist.
Subeta - Neopets