Post minor achievements/woes here!-split 2/16/09

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Usul_Princess

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Usul_Princess »

Bonecrivian: No problem. Rendivir's *new* Rainblug attached. :D Much sooner than I thought. Hurrah.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

Achievement:

I bought a whole lab set to use for one of my side accounts.
I've had the lab on my main account for several years, and it cost me under 250k back then.
I've been zapping Umita and keeping a daily log on his/her petpage that shows the changes each day, and I hope to zap him/her everyday this year.
So, I really miss adopting plain pets, zapping them a nice color, and adopting them out again.

Now, I just paid 795,000 total and bought it piece-by-piece.
Still, it's better than paying 850,000 for a "whole set" on the TP.

Of course, now I have to decide which side account it will go to.
I'll probably have to move some perma-pets around.

EDIT: I decided to move my Red Hissi to my glamgirl account and put my Speckled Elephante in its place.
Therefore, I gave the lab to my glamgirl account and zapped the Hissi (Xandriella).
1st zap, and she's no longer a Hissi!
Psst...I remembered to use the spoiler code this time!
Click for screenie:

Spoiler: open/close
LOL!
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

"Yay!" - a certain NC member sent me an Electric item I didn't know about for my gallery. Thanks!

I'm happily on my way to having a nice new classic Neo-mansion, glad to have one in Brightvale with a big Flash one as my entertainment cabin. :) It reminds me of being at camp where the lodge and rec hall were HUGE, but instead of a cabin to sleep in I have something that will be a room for every pet, a few extras, some play/study space, and a room for me - and a private bathroom for all. It sucks that I gave up my old classic, which I had spent oodles of NP on, in return for a (suckier) Flash one, but this will be even better than the old one was.

Anyone wanna come over and forcibly stick an Aboogala on Seaquus' Searex? :P
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

The ray is fired at Plopsam...

... and he changes colour to Faerie!!

first colour change in ooh..six months?
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

Key Quest PB #8:
So that brings me up to:
2 Tyrannian
1 Striped
1 Camo
1 Cloud
2 Speckled
1 Ghost

8 PB's out of 81 gold keys is not bad! :D
A few of those gold keys gave me lab pieces.
The rest gave me codestones or neggs.

EDIT: Make that 9 PB's out of 82 gold keys!
I just won a Speckled PB!

Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Alaskawolf FEELS AMAZING!!!!

Alaskawolf gains 1 level(s), 2 strength points, 2 hit points, and 2 movement points!
That was the last of my seven cool neggs! He got 16 HP, 12 levels, 9 strength and 8 movement in all. That's 12 fewer days I have to train to get him to 250 level, plus some nice extra stats. :)
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

And to think, just yesterday I got an F- for saying the same thing.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Congrats. I'm very jealous - that's the last of the "king" avatars that I need. Did you use the same phrase every day? I'm wondering if my random approach is working against me since I've tried for it nearly every day since the avatar was released, and still no luck.
DamionDarkheart

I've been using 'I believe that' for about a month. I ended up getting two F- which I thoroughly enjoyed - enough such that I took a screenshot of the first one. If they every make new avatars (A highly unlikely prospect) I've got the stupidity one down pat.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Firstly: today, my blue aisha turned blue.

Secondly, Snowager is finally up to 50 in all stats, which at least means he looks vaguely impressive since the snowager is such a powerful one-player BD opponent, but god knows I'm not gonna train all that.

Thirdly, Sail is finally at 100STR 100DEF 150HP. Thinking of training her HP up to 158 since she's level 79. But then I have to use the more expensive training school courses, so I think her training will not be very serious anymore.

----
However, the main point of my post is:

I am pretty happy.

I decided that even though I haven't completed my half of the pet trade for the desert aisha clothes yet (it will be completed when the pet ages), I would paint/morph Incredulous.

Incred (or, I guess I'll be calling her Red), then a rainbow ruki, was my first pet after I was frozen 4 years ago or something, and I almost adopted her out and/or traded her away a couple of times. I decided I wanted a double painted fire/desert aisha and then decided that I'd make Red into one so that way she could be awesome and would remain a permie.

So I spent 900k on a fire PB and 200k on a (purple!) aisha MP and painted her, and got her all spiffed up with the clothes I stripped from Kuka, the desert aisha I'm still in the middle of trading for.

And here she is:
http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Incredulous

I did something different with my header image because I'm awesome. Also the shape of the aisha didn't scale down well. I did trace the stupid flame on her tail but for some reason failed to move it along with the rest of the image, so pooey.

She's going to be a magician/skeptic/debunker thanks to her name. The quote on her lookup will do for now. I'll find a better one later. And get a pic done.

Wahooo, anyway!

... now I'm just not sure what to do about her 1335 day old rainbow wadjet :P
DamionDarkheart

Madge, you could actually train HP to 238 before you would have to train level. You can train HP to three times that of your level, but you will have to bring the level back up to half your highest stat to train anything else (119)
covet

Post by covet »

Woohoo, my 28th gold key finally yielded my first keyquest paint brush. Camo.

I seem to have the worst luck with prizes for this game, so I'm pretty pleased. Yaaay.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

DamionDarkheart wrote:Madge, you could actually train HP to 238 before you would have to train level. You can train HP to three times that of your level, but you will have to bring the level back up to half your highest stat to train anything else (119)
Yes, this! Also, you should think about getting Sail's strength and defence up to 125 -- that's the next boost, and a nice jump from the 85 boost (which she's still in now). :)
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Incredulous looks AWESOME! What a cool idea for a doublepaint.

I spent 1 hr hitting F5 while reading a book, trying to get a petpetpet to attach. During that time (about 1/2 way through by my calculations) I won an auction for a draik egg.

So this draik egg was just sitting there in inventory while I was refreshing crazily, trying to get the petpetpet to attach & not even looking at the screen. Randomly looked up, saw the NM from TNT, thought "OH CRAP!" -- and the draik egg was still there, not pile of sludge'd or grundo leader'd or pant devil'd. Phew.

The SOB petpetpet still isn't attached but somehow that doesn't seem important at all. :D
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Lark: F5 "abuse" is very dangerous on Neo, because it's a gray-area rule that can get you chain frozen. They consider that an auto-refresher, and people have used it to auto-adopt half way decent looking/statted/named pets. Smashing the button, and not letting go for a long time 'counts' as cheating, even if it's with your hands. I don't remember the "cheating" way to auto-refresh, but even manually pressing it repeatedly can get you iced. (I did it manually yesterday to attach Caligraphy's rainblug, but it was ultimately the refrshing the browser bar that got it attached). If I were you, I wouldn't do that again. (More people do know about it more than me, but I just remember Neo says it's okay to use it, but not to get RE's and the like. How the hell they can tell what you're specifically using it for...*shrugs*)
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy