Post minor achievements/woes here!-split 2/16/09

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Jessi »

Eh, actually, French is one of the more common languages for people to study in the US. It's the most popular after Spanish, I believe. I knew quite a few people in both high school and college who picked studying French over any other languages offered - granted, my high school only offered Spanish, French, and German, but my university had many, many choices and French was still the second most popular after Spanish.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Usul_Princess wrote:Signature crap
It's from the werewolf game Cheese ran. He executed someone whilst utilizing a pie. There was a picture but it seems to have vanished. I (creepily) have a copy of it on my crap-tacular computer in Vegas so maybe you'll see it then?
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I meant not popular in the sense that it's practical. French, Spanish, and German are almost always offered in high school. But It's really rare over here to offer any jobs for bilingual people who don't speak Spanish/English. (It's also a lousy excuse not to admit the US has no jobs to offer anyway, but I digress.) I took it for 3 1/2 years and quit it. It's really annoying because I think I could've stuck with it once upon a time, but every single spanish class I was in, the learning environment was "I wanna get an easy 'A'!!" Even when I went to college, no one had any desire to learn about it. It drove me and the teacher insane, and people started hating me for studying.

Both French and German students in High school (probably college too) seemed like they were more passionate about the language/culture, and didn't mind that picking the "wrong" language may not have benefitted them later in life career wise. (Plus, it's fun to understand the few random strangers when you over hear their conversations, and randomly acknowledge them.)
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Madge

Post by Madge »

I just got back from a holiday so I'm replying to the stuff from like 3 pages ago! So sucks to be the rest of you:

Thanks for the ideas about training to the 125 boost - I guess I will do that, and then pump the heck out of her HP and call it a day. At least that jellyneo counter won't be at 100% anymore, haha :P