Post minor achievements/woes here!-split 2/16/09

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Larkspurlane

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Larkspurlane »

UP: thanks for the info! So how would you suggest going about attaching this thing? (I'm not quite buttonmashing, just pressing F5 every couple seconds, with varying intervals in between depending on how concentratedly I'm actually reading :D)
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Buy several of that petpetpet and refresh, and then resell the others when one attaches, heh. That seems to be the quickest way, from what I've heard.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Good thing it's not a mootix :D thanks Amy!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Or, go with this idea that Madge had:
Name your petpet a single random number/letter like '8' or 'G'. (Couple that with like 3-6 petpetpets in your inventory at once, and let the torture begin. Stare blankly at your total number of items in your inventory to see if the number got reduced by 1 item. It always gives me reassurance to put lots of garbage items among the petpetpets to reduce their chances of getting stolen.)

I swear by that single-letter thing. ('C' has worked for me every single time without fail, if no other letter/number or full name worked.)
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I managed to get it to jump on earlier this evening -- but I'm going to use that suggestion for my next one (which is going to be on a UC... ahh!). I've just bought 4 of the desired p3s, they're hanging out in my SDB until I get the pet. Good tip to look at the # of items in inventory... DUH! I'd been scrolling down like a moron every dozen refreshes.

I wonder how the single letter thing actually helps. Someone with more program-savvy than me can probably answer that :D well I'm going to try it when the time comes.
Larkspurlane @ neo
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I swear by the single letter name thing too. The only time that's never worked almost immediately for me is when I've been refreshing on an UC pet.

Naturally. x.x

But on those occasions I've also had as many of the petpetpets as I can afford, since losing one of those to a bad RE is as nothing compared to losing the pet itself to a color-changing RE. ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Ok, I think I'll buy like ten more of these petpets, haha. They're the little wormy ones -- 60k ea I think & I can resell them. I wonder if, when the time comes, I'm going to have the guts to actually deliberately refresh on a UC. I think I'll do it for 15 RFs and then if that doesn't work, forget it and consider myself lucky.

Achievement: first place in the Random Contest! http://www.neopets.com/random_contest.phtml?place=151 -- it's the one of Galem Darkhand floating around like a demented ghostie. That sucker took me 15 hrs in PS (stupid cloud textures & two dozen belt buckles). So yay! Neo art contests usually mess with me. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Larkspurlane @ neo
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I swear, I am this close to just towering the damned Sword of Skardsen to avoid dealing with trades and private auctions.

But I think I might be able to get it 200k cheaper through trades... if I bug enough people about it.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Just for the record, I have attached all my petpetpets and gotten all my randomly-needed REs for battledome challengers and what not by manually pressing F5, not by pressing the refresh button.

When they freeze people for F5, they look into if the browser is refreshing at the exact same time, every time. There's no way with logical human error someone can press F5 on their own at the EXACT same second, unless you're amazing at watching a timer and have great eye-hand coordination. If you just -hold- F5, the browser starts to refresh on its own at the same second. Same thing with placing something on the key, or using an auto refresher (even one that 'skips' times, it eventually follows a pattern). So really, manually pressing F5 isn't likely to get you frozen. You don't necessarily have to be using the actual 'refresh' button in the browser. There's been plenty of times I've pressed F5 over and over while watching a TV show or writing or drawing or playing with rats or something xD
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

From the just-released editorial:
Hey TNT, I've been hoping to get the Lab Ray Scientist as a Battledome challenger for months now and haven't had any luck. What are the odds of getting him as a challenger when you go to the Lab Ray page? Is it against the rules to refresh a few times in the hope of it happening? Could you remove my username if this gets published? Thanks. :) ~[username removed]

You're welcome to give it a reasonable amount of refreshes. Just remember though, please no coffee mugs carefully balanced on your F5 key, automatic refreshers, or mass refreshing. Just tap tap tap. ;D
They've said refreshing with F5 is OK several times, though in an older Editorial I think they suggested taking a break every 20 minutes or so. :-)
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

If I had enough money to buy a SoS, 200k wouldn't really be a big deal to me if it were so inconvenient ;)

... and he changes colour to Spotted!!

My first color change since it stopped being a Green Ruki forever ago. I still hate Tuskaninnys, especially my pet, but at least now it isn't as ugly.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

I towered my SoS and my Gbomb... I hate trades/auctions that much! There's also a Hidden Tower avatar, isn't there? You probably already have that, though.

I wouldn't worry about color-changing REs that much... I've been playing since 2000 and have never gotten a single one. I still leave a cheap-to-repaint pet as a Boochi guard, of course, but I'd refresh on my pirate or faerie pets for a while without being too worried.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I bought both my SoS and GBomb from the tower too. I hate dealing with trades.

And I've been playing since 2002 and have had boochi hit my pets five times (four on my main account and once on a side). :P

And congrats on the Random Contest Larkspurlane. There are some really great pictures there. I'm so jealous of people who have artistic talent.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

That's still less than one Boochi hit a year, out of how many refreshes? :P I still wouldn't want to refresh for long on my UC faerie pteri, though, I suppose... that would probably end up being the one time Boochi actually decided to hit!

I've been getting a lot of REs lately, even though I've not been loading any more pages than usual. They'll almost all been boring, though, or downright annoying in the case of the mutant kad one.
varii

Post by varii »

Spoiler: open/close
:o !!! At first I thought I had just found a pea on the ground. But no! It is a Lutari Bead, which I would have absolutely no use for but they seem to go for 1-1.5 mil on the trading post. If I ever manage to sell it, it will be very nice for my sad little bank account. :)

And Zanvi is finally back up to level 50. So yay. Good day.
rei @ neopets