Post minor achievements/woes here!-split 2/16/09

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
varii

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by varii »

Today has been a good day. I found a Lost Desert PB on the low end of its price spectrum and now Zanvi is exactly how I want him. I'm still bummed Royal came along and gave me nothing for him to hold, but oh well. Until Zombie Draiks are released my pets are finally just how I want them. I'm thinking about moving Ukyo to a side account so I can free up another zapping space for a fire Blumaroo.

And I finally have 1 million np invested in stocks. Of course my investment stands at -8.92%, but I am still happy.
rei @ neopets
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

Key Quest PB #7:
Spoiler: open/close
So far, I have won:

2 Tyrannian
1 Striped
1 Camo
1 Cloud
2 Speckled
covet

Post by covet »

How many gold keys have you redeemed, chocolatefairy? I'm up to 20 gold with no PBs at all, so far.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

71 gold, 37 silver, 0 bronze, and 2 lead.

I only play 5-key, 2-player games, because lead or bronze is not worth the time.
The double key promotion was great to me, as I won at least 12 gold keys from it.

What's funny is that I won a Tyrannian PB with my very first gold key, thus getting me hooked on the game. :D
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

@#$@#$ UC faerie lenny with the perfect name is traded away within 5 mins of my being informed of its existence. WOE. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
covet

Post by covet »

Just got beaten to yet another ok priced Hasee on the TP. I missed one a month or so ago for 4.5 mil, and this one for 5 mil. *weeps* 5 mil is more that I wanted to pay, but the other two Hasee owners have had theirs up at 7 mil for months now. I check every day. Why, when no one is buying at that price? Whyyyy.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

chocolatefairy13 wrote:71 gold, 37 silver, 0 bronze, and 2 lead.

I only play 5-key, 2-player games, because lead or bronze is not worth the time.
The double key promotion was great to me, as I won at least 12 gold keys from it.

What's funny is that I won a Tyrannian PB with my very first gold key, thus getting me hooked on the game. :D
I had turned in more than 100 gold keys before I got my first paint brush. Since then I've won a Tyrannian, Striped (I think) and Glowing. I'm at 158 gold keys now.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I managed to borrow a Super Attack Pea (and a Pea Chia) today, so I can cross the last pet avatar that I needed off my list. :)

AND I fed my 75th Kadoatie this morning-- Dawg-- and so I now have a shiny new pink avatar, just in time for Valentine's Day. This brings my current avatar total to 310.

Braedan's denfence also reached 150 today-- Ultimate. This probably doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but Braedan was labbed (as some of you may remember my shock when he was zapped into a Grey Gelert-- so long ago now!) and he started out codestone training at level 1, hitpoints 265 or so, and denfence 8. :? So there have been many many twelve hour courses to get us to this point! He still has a long way to go before his stats are actually even, but he's a nice little battler already who beat the space faerie last month.

So it's been a day of some nice achievements. :)
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Total Winnings 137748 NP

Food Club love
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Finally! :D :D

(Aliel, your av achievements today > mine. *drool @ Kad*)
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

YESSS!!!!! Finally!
Now I have my cute little Panda mutant. ^_^ The question is, who do I attach it to?
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Sometimes a new petpet can be just as/even more exciting than a new pet. I remember how excited I was when I got my plushie krawk petpet, after ages and ages of saving! =)

On a quick mod-note, I put the images in this thread under spoiler tags. By all means, keep posting about your achievements--that's the whole point of this thread!--but please place any large images here or elsewhere on NC under a spoiler tag, since they can make browsing more difficult for those with slower internet connections. Thanks!
Madge

Post by Madge »

Super awesome happy fun acheivement for me:
I neomailed a bunch of people with desert aishas asking to trade them for the darigan one I just zapped. I wasn't really hopeful as desert is apparently a lot more in demand than Darigan thanks to its clothing. But the owner of a desert aisha with a relatively poor name sent me a mail saying she'd love to trade hers for my Deygh :).

So I explain that I can't use the trade feature as I want to have the aisha on a different account to the one I'm sending on, and she is happy to send her pet to my account first, despite me not knowing her. (I offered to go first but she only had one full account so it was not an option). Then I tried to send Deygh to her and I got a message saying he needs to be 7 days old! Shoot, I'd forgotten about that. In my mind I was thinking "oh shit I'm gonna get reported for this", so I send her a neomail explaining, saying we can wait 4 days for the pet to age if she wants or I can send her aisha back right now and we can trade next month.

She says it's fine, I can send Deygh in 4 days :D. I am so happy, I just hope I remember to send him to his new owner.

Especially happy because she says she'll roleplay him and stuff, not just keep him to trade on. So I feel a little guilty about dumping and stripping her desert one but oh well :P

Incredulous will soon be a double painted aisha!

---
bon - I have a fairly slow internet connection as broadband goes and don't generally have a problem with images in threads. I kind of like having the images visible as it makes it easier to see stuff. Is there a thread where this rule about images was stated or is this just a courtesy/style thing?

If of course my internet connection is really faster than I think it is and there are people who are suffering from the long image load times I will eat these words most humbly.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

It's not an official forum rule at this moment, but when threads become image-heavy, it's courteous to try to trim that down. Obviously, in the Art forum, one should expect to see large images upon clicking on threads, so it's not necessary there. But in a thread like this one, where people are posting pretty frequently, it can be tiring after a while to wait for three or four large screenshots to load so you can scroll past them to see the latest post. We're definitely not saying that the large images need to be removed--just placed behind a spoiler tag. It's easy to click and see the images if you're interested. Then you can close it back up, if you like, and continue reading the thread with much less scrolling. =)
Madge

Post by Madge »

I guess I'm spoilt in that I use topic reply notifications which mean page anchors put me at or around the most recent post without having to scroll. I do recall at times I'm looking for a specific post the scrolling being quite fiendish.

I accept and understand your premise! Now let's run along.