Post minor achievements/woes here!-split 2/16/09

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
DamionDarkheart

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I've also had a notable increase in random events. Also some that flat out don't show up on the screen; I somehow found a spooky treasure map piece while playing NQ2.

I just leveled up to 30 on insane which, from what this petpage says, should be enough to take down Scuzzy (provided I can make it to the summit without dying) killed Silcast, who drove me to swearing off insane last time around. Woo!

Also, I didn't notice until today but my account is seven years old. This blows my mind especially because this isn't my first account - I've been playing since when you could buy beer and cigarettes for your pet. How long has everyone else been playing?
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ohh, grats DamionDarkheart! Silcast is indeed horrible, I hated him.

Looks like I missed my 8th year anniversary :( My account turned 8 years on Jan 29th. Yay for new shield :D And I still have my very first pet, which I think is something to be proud of after eight years. *Hugs Hoofbeatz*
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Congrats on the account age achievements, you two; and congrats on your progress in NQ. :D My account is just over 8 years too. The date on mine is hard to forget, though. I started playing on Christmas of 2000. I vaguely remember not being able to spend it with my family - the drive was long at the time, the weather not entirely cooperative, and my husband's work schedule hindering it all in a big ugly pointless city. I had gotten bored of a horse sim (which has gotten bigger and a bit different by now), and someone on there offered me a big bribe in return for signing up with Neopets through their referral. I quit that site, never to return to make good with my bribe "money", upon getting thoroughly hooked on Neopets, which offered much more variety and fun. I still have my original pet there too and remembering the surprise that nobody else had come up with "Seaquus" for a Peophin yet, especially when I discovered the site was already pretty big and names couldn't be repeated (except by accident/glitch). :-) Although I love the music of Time Tunnel, I still lament the loss of Codebreaker, and I used to play it for hours before there was a NP-earning limit placed on games. I also played an embarrassing amount of Chia Bingo and learned the hard way not to play with magical plushies (turning poor Seaquus temporarily into a Poogle).
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

Spivsy wrote:The ray is fired at Plopsam...

... and he changes colour to Faerie!!

first colour change in ooh..six months?

The ray is fired at Plopsam...

... and he changes into a Red Kau!!

well...shit.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

3588 Naufrage: Le Gamin Tailhook
Lagon: Buck Coutelas
Île au Trésor: L'Immonde Dan le Poignard
Crique Secrète: Gooblah le Grarrl
Harry Harpon: Sir Edmund Ogletree
550 NP 96:1 52800 NP
Total des Gains 52800 NP

I should SO have bidded max.
DamionDarkheart

Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'Master Vex' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

It's worth noting that even though I am on tournament 11, I do not have either the bronze nor the runner-up trophies.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Iggy wrote:3588 Naufrage: Le Gamin Tailhook
Lagon: Buck Coutelas
Île au Trésor: L'Immonde Dan le Poignard
Crique Secrète: Gooblah le Grarrl
Harry Harpon: Sir Edmund Ogletree
550 NP 96:1 52800 NP
Total des Gains 52800 NP

I should SO have bidded max.

.....Why is that in French?
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
DamionDarkheart

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's because Iggy has the site in french.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Something has Happened!
The Grundo Leader attacks! He steals "Rainblug"
...That was a Giving Day present :( I was told that if I just hung onto it long enough it would jump onto Nelly's petpet. And I had quite a few cheap items he could have taken, not to mention the Pant Devil Attractor.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Ugh, yeah site RE stealers are having a lot of fun today it seems.

Mine wasn't exactly a RE, it was the Pant Devil from the Wheel of Excitement. With 4 Aboogalas, still no luck, and 32 Serf Lenses...he stole an Aboogala. The odds weren't REALLY low, but...yeah. I guess I only lost 8K from it; I got one of the buggers for that much.
DamionDarkheart

Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'Techo - The Buzzer Game' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

MouseKeys FTW
varii

Post by varii »

So I sold the Lutari Bead I got in an RE for 1.3 mil. Not top dollar price, but it sold way faster than I thought it would. I am actually committed to saving right now. I am not spending anything (substantial :D) til I hit 10 mil again. I am hoping my resolve lasts for at least a a month. I am helped by the fact I have nothing under 2.5 mil that I really want.

And I had a total *head desk* moment this morning. I was hurriedly doing my daily lab zaps and I have been so accustomed to zapping Zanvi that I did so today. Thank heavens for no colour change or species change but ugh, -2 level. I was just celebrating getting him up to level 60 and then laughing because I can't train him for anything else til he hits level 188. So that was 6 codestones wasted and 8 hours for nothing. Woo.
rei @ neopets
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Ding ding ding, Jay wins.

=D

I use Neopets in french, even more since they closed down some versions for...lack of traffic.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Jay: Wiseass. :P (BTW: I don't know if I asked, but where is your signature quote from?)

Iggy: Okay, I forgot about the "lighter traffic" on Neo in a different language/region/country. Plus, I just get interested when I find other people speak it. It's uncommon to learn it by choice or fun if you don't live anywhere near Canada or some other francophone country.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

I studied (though I'm not very good at it) French and I live in Texas. LOL
It would have made WAY more sense to learn Spanish, but I wanted to be different. :D