Holy Avatar Achievement!!!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Ailiel

Holy Avatar Achievement!!!

Post by Ailiel »

Oh my goodness you guys. Go check out my userlookup. I'll wait.

Notice anything different? Something new? No, I didn't curl my hair...

YES that's the Avatar Collector avatar you see!!!! Only the avatar that I started collecting avatars for, in case you're wondering. Every avatar I've amassed all in preparation for this moment... and I've had the avatar a whole day and didn't even notice.

I tried this month as I have the last two months, resetting my avatar count with the score reset day. All last night I was on pins and needles, staying up until 3 a.m. my time to see if I could hang on to my precarious top 50 position (probably why I am up so late tonight). Once Neo stopped releasing new avatars I had kind of given up hope, but a few months ago for some reason I decided to hope anew. So I was trying and failing and desperately trying to think how I could earn just one more avatar, because I was that close.

I checked at around 11:30 p.m. NST. I'd been bumped off! The clock struck 12 and I swear to you I was number 52. And then I checked again and I was 51. Which I thought was a little odd, but 51 might as well be 101, for all I cared. Not the top 50. I was so disappointed.

Then just now I was all awake, messing around on Neopets instead of sleeping as usual. I moved around some pets which I wrote about in Minor Achievements and Tales of Woe. Then I decided to go change my avatar to match my baby pet. I was a bit confused to see the default avatar but then I remembered that cycling the Usuki avatar sets you to default. I thought that was it so I clicked the button.

And THERE! It was! Sitting there, mine. Avatar Collector. Me. At long last.

So anyway this is awesome and I am very happy. I am never washing this avatar again.
Pfizzgig

Re: Holy Avatar Achievement!!!

Post by Pfizzgig »

Congratulations, thats awesome :D

How long has it been since they released any avatars? Did TNT give a reason for stopping or has it all just dried up?
varii

Post by varii »

The last avatar they released was for the altador cup back in june, before that, the day at the beach avatar in july 07.

And wow, congrats! That is an awesome achievement. :)
rei @ neopets
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

That's impressive! At one point I had my eye on that myself, but I lost interest around the time that they stopped releasing avatars.

Congrats!
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Congrats :) I was so happy when I finally got that one too.

And it's nice to see someone get it rather than being bumped off by people who already have it too.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Thanks for the congrats! I just feel so much more relaxed now, it's funny. I was really dreading trying to earn any of the avatars I don't have, to the point where I didn't try. It was just too much pressure because I really wanted this one. Now I'm having fun collecting avs again, working towards those last impossible few. It's unfortunate that TNT have pretty much dropped them as it was really fun collecting and exploring aspects of the site I otherwise never would have gone to.