You have a new quest!!!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Ailiel

You have a new quest!!!

Post by Ailiel »

So earlier today I was chatting on the boards and people were talking about fountain faerie quests, namely how few or many they have had in how long. I mentioned that my one and only fountain faerie quest was three years ago (I painted a buzz for a member here). I went on my merry day, appreciating Sloth and feeding kadoaties (am at 40 now).

But then something happened.

I recognized her RIGHT away, unlike last time. I was like "that is the fricken' fountain faerie OMG." I've been thinking about her a lot lately, you see, since boochi finally terrified me into changing the fourth pet on my main account (iniuria for those who don't know) from an unconverted faerie Peophin (is beauty) into a baby jubjub (cute, but nothing like before the conversion). Then I changed the baby jubjub for a grarrl for an avatar, and they I zapped the grarrl into a Usul.

Having the Usul has made me realize just how much I cannot stand most converted pets. I hate the fist grabby thing! My sister, who every time I mention Neopets starts into a tirade about how they ruined the cool, sunglasses-wearing Badeek, looked over my shoulder and said "What is up with these ugly Neopets? Is it going to punch you in the face?"

There are a few converted pets I could get with this FFQ. The main one I really like is the maraquan draik. But this would require a draik morphing potion which I don't have the funds for right now. Although saving up is an option. But I'm worried it would look big and weird next to my unconverted pets.

There are a few unconverted pets that have me wanting to punch MYSELF in the face every time I see them. Unconverted MSP Poogle, unconverted Plushie Cybunny, and most important an Unconverted Tyrannian Krawk, which would be the PERFECT fourth pet for my main account. But the ONLY pet that I have that I could ever let myself trade for any of that is my unconverted faerie peophin, and people are just not lining up for Ophacia. I've found a few unconverted Tyrannian Krawks up for trade but they aren't looking for a fountain faerie quest. One is looking for a very bizarre UC pet, an unconverted Tyrannian Ixi. Which if anyone here has one or knows where I could find one up for trade, YOU COULD HAVE MY UNDYING LOVE AND ALL MY FFQs and a draik or krawk or UC peophin or something.

I know, I know, we should all have such problems. I was really happy to get the quest of course. But my second thought was what it always is on Neo, "BAH, conversion, whyyyy?"

So anyway, FFQ! YAY! Pet conversion, purest evil.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Re: You have a new quest!!!

Post by mellaka »

Congrats on the quest, but sorry that the conversion is making it so hard to choose.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Congrats on the FFQ ^_^

I personally (unless it were an NC'er, or a Charter person you really trust) sacrifice a FFQ for a pet trade on a UC. That person always has the right to change their mind, and you're stuck with a pet you created for someone else who withdrew at the last minute. With that in mind, converted pet FFQ's are indeed a let down, but there are a handful of non-draik/non-LE few species you could consider that don't look "fisty" XD, or very close to the UC original.

Maraquan Uni,
Maraquan Shoyru (It does have a curved flipper, but the species is pretty much UC intact)
Maraquan Korbat (NO change whatsoever. I morphed one of my pets because of the consistancy)
Pirate Peophin (My second choice after the korbat. They look better now than before.)
Pirate wocky (They're decent, and better looking than the UC original, I'm just not crazy about the species itself.)

The list is extremely short. I'm sorry. :?

I thought I'd put my two cents in. I'm very much against trading FFQ's for UCs. You just can't trust people to flake.

OT: What plot is that sidebar from in the screenie? I like it!
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Thanks guys. :) And sorry I was slow on this, usul_princess. The sidebar is the "Return of Dr. Sloth" one, which I had on for sloth day. :)

I have decided *drumroll*... to get a maraquan draik. Yes, draiks are ridiculously, prohibitively expensive. But it's the only pet that I really like that's available. The uncustomised pets that I like are very unlikely to be traded for even krawk or draik FFQ custom. So I might as well go for the pet that I really want. I liked maraquan draiks before the conversion, I just thought that two was enough. Apparently not. :) They are ridiculously expensive of course, and I would never get one without the FFQ, but that's always a good way to use one then. I already have the pet, and FINALLY completed the quest today (p.s. I hate the trading post), so now I just need the millions of neopoints and I'll have a fourth pet on my main account.