(Old) Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Cranberry »

Whee, I finally got my pet up to level 250 and can now train in the ninja school! Actually, since he's exactly level 250, I can train in both of the training schools at the same time, so I have a 24-hour course and a 4-hour course going right now. I'll keep this up until he gains another level somehow!
Kari

Post by Kari »

I didn't think you could do that, Cranberry. I'm still 150 levels away from the magic 250, but I'll have to remember that...
derp
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

You have played 202 game(s), and you have cleared the pyramid 5 time(s).
Your current win streak is 1 game(s).

You have received a Silver Trophy for winning 5 games!!!

Woo. I remember when it was a lot easier to win Pyramids.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

It was. I went from bronze to gold for clearing it two times in a row, and that was it. Never was able to do it again, but it wasn't hard. Everyone seemed to have at least a silver trophy back in the day.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Woo, I earned back my favourite avatar today. :) The Faerie Bubbles one. I haven't got to the last level for ages so I forgot about the 250 point bonus and I didn't think I got it.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Is it just me, or is one of the characters in the trailer for Neopets Puzzle adventure named Huggles? Is someone secretly mocking me?

http://www.neopets.com/puzzleadventure/
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Heh next they're going to send you a cease and desist in purple comic sans :P
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

My Aisha got zapped Darigan! First colour change since she was turned Skunk, and what a cool colour! I'm not overly fond of Darigan as a whole, apart from the Tonu, but I think it works pretty well on the Aisha.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Spoiler: open/close
Well, it's not a huge win, but I'm very pleased with myself for I chose to do the bets myself today and not follow the wocky pet profile - it paid off in the end :)

In other news, I'm trying to buy Bag of Healing Dust and trades are being a bitch as usual and inflating the thing 1 to 1,5 million above the current value. I have no love for trades on neopets, not a bit.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Don't pay any more than 10 mil for it... my friend got one for 9.75 recently and that seems to be around the going price now (she may have overpaid a little bit; it took her a long time to even find one for sale). It used to be around 8 mil, but since LEV is so expensive now (around 42 mil), the BoHD's price has gone up, too. I don't think either of them has been stocking much lately, and of course training is cheaper now, so both are much more in demand. It sucks!
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Thanks for the advice Cranberry! :) I'm trying to get one in that price neighborhood (around 9.5). There have been 3-4 in trades over the last week but since one person posted 12 mil as their asking price everyone else jumped the wagon and ask for 11.5. I was planing on getting Ghostkerbomb first originally but as this one seems to be gaining in price rapidly I decided to change plans (I'm afraid the price will double overnight just like with LEV while my back is turned).
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Woe: stupid me, I should have realized before all that building on my new classic Neohome...
Stone is MUCH prettier than brick (I'm not a fan of brick's colors, and I like the calm cool gray of stone), and it's also 200np cheaper per room. I really hope I don't feel like demolishing half of the ground floor and rebuilding all of it.

At least my "buy the spiffy weapon now!" urge has dwindled some. Is it worth getting? I've got a certain attachment to my Bow of Destiny and its Trading Post price now is pitiful if I want to sell (a real deal if any of you want one now - either through me or someone else in Trades), but the PCC is significantly stronger...maybe not 4-6 times worth though. :P Ah well, it looks like I can wait, and the PCC is still in the Hidden Tower and will probably stay there a while. And the Bow of Destiny will probably inflate if something battle-worthy comes up in the news. This means that when the time comes to upgrade, I'll probably have no problem doing so.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Zebru, I made that same bet, plus a 4:1 on Gooblah and the other one. Made over 200k in food club profit yesterday, which was much needed after the bad loose all your money bets lately.

WOE! They changed the payout ratio for Snow Wars II. :( :( :( Instead of sending a score of 330 or so for 1,000 neopoints (which I could usually get just by walling in my snowmen) I now need to send a score of 1,300 or so. I haven't done the actual math, but now I have to play a few rounds. Total crap. I really liked that easy 3k every day.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Fjorab_Teke, if you do only one-player, you don't need a PCC. Sword of Skardsen is cheaper and just as strong, and two of those would actually be better than an SoS/PCC combo (or two PCCs) against most one-player opponents, because most of those guys don't block dark (but they do take a chunk out of PCC). And SoS is 11 mil instead of 16. ;) I have both, and I find that most of the time, when I use one main attacker plus something else (shield, whatever), that attacker is the SoS and not the PCC.

(In two-player, though, SoS = death thanks to all the Ring of the Lost and Ghostkershields around.)
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Ooh, thanks for the advice, Cranberry! :) The main draw was for the better icon output diversity, but I see your point. I'm already easily able to beat the Snowager, but quicker and more powerful beat-downs are always good to aim for.

I think my beloved Bow of Destiny is ready for retirement and to be sold to someone who would love that nice stepping-stone weapon! :D Massive discount to anyone here if you're interested, of course. ;)

EDIT: BoD SOLD! (and another SoS bought) :D
Last edited by Fjorab_Teke on 27 Feb 2009 06:20 am, edited 2 times in total.