(Old) Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Silver Link

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Silver Link »

Did you read his pet page? It's all about the statistics and how to play

There are 4 competitors to an arena and any of them can win, although some have a better percentage of winning. He's making sure he covers all his bases

I ignore some of his bets because they seem too outlandish to me. His last bet is for Lucky McKyriigan and Young Sproggie, a 7:1 and 4:1. He took a risk because the bigger the odds, the more money it could yield but I thought it was too outlandish for me. Gooblah is in the same arena as Lucky and has a 65% chance to win so Lucky's chances of winning are low plus you would also need Sproggie to win his arena to even yield a profit

Minor woe: Looked through my stamp album and found out that I have a stamp worth 105k in there :( Why won't they let us take them out? Stamps are like photos. They can be glued into an album or they can be taken out
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Mistress Morbid wrote: Why are there multiple types of bets for the same Arenas? Which one would I pick? ><
Because you can place multiple bets on pirates across multiple arenas, and it'll still count as "one" bet.

Ex: Bet #1 - Fairfax/Tailhook/Gooblah/Scurvy
Bet #2 - Fairfax/Gooblah/Scurvy
Bet #3 - Tailhook/Gooblah/Scurvy
Bet #4 - Tailhook/Scurvy

All four of those example bets are on 3-4 different pirates at once, but are relatively the same combination. We place them like that because your profit will multiply like crazy, but some will cancel out. In that example, if Fairfax lost, then only bets #3 & 4 would come out as winners because Fairfax isn't apart of bets # 1 & 2. If Scurvy lost, all four bets would have failed because even if one of those pirates he was placed with won, that combination of pirates didn't win.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Case in poaint - all of my bets involve Gooblah in some way. If he loses, I'm screwed. I suppose I should mix things up more
Razzbunny

Post by Razzbunny »

I have two minor achievements today. I finally got that Plushie Tycoon avatar (number 292) as well as a Silver Trophy. I can't believe I put off playing that for so long, I guess I thought it was really difficult.
And after about 2 months of searching for the perfect offer for my DN Faerie Cybunny I got offered a Chocolate Aisha, which is such a dream pet for me, and am now the proud owner of Desvendado! :D I had given up on any hope of finding one of my dreamies for zimpman.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Ah, I see now, thanks again. ^^; I thought you could only place your bets once, I had no idea you could keep betting. xD

I chose a couple of his lower risk ones and I'll see how it goes. :)
Image Image
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

*sigh* Full of little achievements and woes lately

Annoying woe: I started a normal game of Neoquest and was halfway through the Dank Cave before I realized I finished normal on a different pet. I guess it's good that I didn't get that far but it's still a wasted two hours
shadowgem
Human Avatar: 71636

Post by shadowgem »

Thanks to Rah, I was able to trade my unwanted UC Faerie Aisha for a FFQ to get my pet Kantria painted Plushie. :D

Minor woe: I won't be able to send her to my main account until September. :(
neopets (still full of fail) ~:~ subeta
Avatar drawn for me by Subeta user SHOZZYKiNS
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

champagnesoup wrote:Mellaka, what exactly is Balthazar Basher? Do you just have to beat Inflatable Balthazar loads of times?
Balthazar Basher high scores are based on damage done against Inflatable Balthazar in one hit. My pet just got the highest strength boost (700) last month so I figured I'd give it a try even though my weapons are pretty common.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Thanks Mellaka! I use two Stone Clubs so hopefully once Njdora is better-trained I can get a decent score!
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Woe: If Squire Venable wasn't such a complete douchebag, I would've won big at FC today

Achievement: My winnings from the last four days were enough to put me into the top 100 for FC, my first hi-score table ever. Of course I want a trophy though
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

*cries* I feel your pain Link. ;_; I didn't win a single bet today, so there goes all that cash down the drain. >_>

Hoping tomorrow won't be so disappointing. ><
Image Image
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

It's so odd that he had one of the worst percentages of winning an arena (6%, tied with Stuff-A-Roo) but somehow managed to pull it out of his ass and win. It's unfortunate when a 13:1 can pull out a big upset and screw over the majority of the betters

If you need help figuring out who has the best chance of winning, go to http://foodclub.daqtools.info/. I discovered it about a week ago and it helps me with my bets
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I remember just racing to Hidden Cove to see if Pegleg ruined me, which was a relief because he didn't...then I saw Squire. Who the hell saw that coming? I won a 12:10 so I can't complain. Tomorrow is a safe and very boring day.

Completely OT: I can't edit any of my photobucket pictures. It just pops up with a big blank open space where the picture is supposed to be. Sometimes I forget to censor out my stake in MS paint, and I use 'erase' before I post. Is anyone else having this problem?
ImageImage

Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Adopted out Alesai to a seemingly good person. I thought I would miss her but I kind of don't. It's fine by me though since I'm attached to Palincar and Orion anyway

I had a hunch I wouldn't win anything at FC today and I was right. I thought I made a few risky bets but there was an upset in almost every arena. Mind boggling, tbh

Edit: If I bet on all 5 winners and there was no winnings limit, I would've won 96,536,440 NP. Good thing they have that in place
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

This was the weirdest freakin' day....And the wrong day to rely on 2:1's.

Silver Link wrote: Edit: If I bet on all 5 winners and there was no winnings limit, I would've won 96,536,440 NP. Good thing they have that in place
I think you really should have won 96m if you were make an insane correct guess like that. Didn't like four 13:1's win, and one 9:1>
ImageImage