(Old) Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by AngharadTy »

Wow, Tom. That is... kooky. I'll go with kooky. Anything else, well, I dunno, I might get a warning.
Image Image
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Spoiler: open/close
This is the single most beautiful screenie I've ever taken. 2 months well wasted ^_^. It's so sexy. Now to get a 10th theme somehow ..
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Er... what's that from? Looks interesting. Congratulations for whatever it is!
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

That's the site theme from the puzzle adventure game.

http://www.neopets.com/~Smoking_Fish#puzzle

It comes as PC, DS, & Wii versions. I have both the DS and the PC, and finished the game on my computer. Something I thought was impossible because I bought this game 26 days ago and it refused to work on Vista. You need 10 codes to unlock this site theme (with big NP prizes along the way.)This game is like Othello with petpet power-ups. The DS version is the hardest to unlock because there's a 2 player option that you must use to get the 10th code. (People go to the extremes and get two DS consoles to regenerate codes for partially finished games)

The PC also regnerates new codes for each computer. I have 3 computers, so I got partial codes and didn't need to finish the game all the way through.

I love the game, (thank goodness, this game is so irritating and tedious.) It took 12 hours to unlock enough codes.

It's really pretty. It reminds me a lot of Cyodrake's Gaze, even though I don't have that one. The game is focused around the crew, so it's a nice surrogate replacement.

Edit: Finished it :)
ImageImage

Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, I have just the one last thing to do - that so-many-points-with-one-move achievement. Maybe I'll try for it again later. I'm glad you can just play over and over in the last scene so it doesn't reset.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Fjorab_Teke wrote:Yeah, I have just the one last thing to do - that so-many-points-with-one-move achievement. Maybe I'll try for it again later. I'm glad you can just play over and over in the last scene so it doesn't reset.

Fjorab, didn't you say you owned all 3 DS console versions? If you've unlocked 3 or more codes, you can stick the same unfinished game in those DS's. The game "thinks" it's a new person, and not someone with multiple DS's.

You'll definitely get 10 different codes across 3 consoles.
ImageImage

Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

I thought I got a good deal on my Clam Chowder Ice Lolly when I bought it for 450k (no one else had a price listing). Few days ago I look at the TP again and someone is selling it for 250k :\
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Hah, that's interesting. I'd rather just try for the last bit than try for more on another DS. Besides, the only DS I have currently accessible is my DSi. *tries to remember what has become of the old "original" DS*

EDIT to add some achievements:

Seven "safe" 2:1 bet combinations worked out in my favor again in Food Club. Yay for nice payoffs! I really do place boring bets, but it seems to work out for me most of the time.

I decided to play some World Challenges, and the first one of the night, I won the last piece I needed for my second map. It converted for a Shadow PB, not too shabby, in auctions for 550k.

I finally got around to the new game challenge and beat all 3. I didn't realize how cheap AAA's prize was though. :-P

Sometimes a name idea will hit me, and on a whim I wondered if "Kazmeyer" was taken (Information Society reference). Hah, nope! So I created him and will try to zap for a Maraquan Uni (after I get a decent zap for Poyfek, who has a zapped Woolypapith - if someone wants him as-is, let me know). If I get something really spectacular other than that, I don't know if I'll have the heart to give up either that name or the result.

EDIT again - because I'm being flaky. Spurred by the idea of "Kazmeyer" I searched for the title of my favorite song ever. "Mammagamma" was also not taken! Eek! While that would best suit a sleek horse running in the Egyptian desert landscape...it's also a feminine name that I really wanted for a Neopet. I'm currently flaking between making her a Desert Ixi (and adopt out Jezzgirl) or a Maraquan Uni. So, I created yet ANOTHER pet, and Kaz will be my standby lab pet or another lab-adopter. :-P I'll get them sorted out, eventually.
Last edited by Fjorab_Teke on 18 Aug 2009 05:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kinestesia

Post by Kinestesia »

For a while now I have been saving up to buy a Rainbow Paint Brush to paint my Bori. During the very first time started saving I brought a Cloud Paint Brush on impulse and blew all the money I had saved. (Around 75,000) Then created my Jubjub and painted him and got a dream pet of mine that was achievement for me. I would basically would have to start saving from scratch but I figured it was worth it.

Yesterday I won a five key game of Key Quest and when I opened the vault and guess what one of my prizes was? A Cloud Paint Brush! I was surprised but didn't think much of it. Then today I one another five key game and got another Cloud Paint Brush and the background I had also brought for Bourlive already. So I had two Cloud Paint Brushes that I had to sell for cheaper then the one I had brought.

Edit: I just got another Cloud Paint Brush from Key Quest! So it's now three,
Last edited by Kinestesia on 01 Sep 2009 03:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

They're cheaper because they were recently given away by Tarla. So yay for deflation, but it really sucks in your case! Still, you can always sell them to help you build back up towards a rainbow PB!
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

So I entered my Draik, Nespera, into that new contest they're having and she apparently made top 9, and then won the whole thing. I was completely stunned as I thought half the pets were customized better than her.....but I got 4 rare clothing items and 200NC, and FREE=AWESOME in my book. Shoot I'd give away my first place title to someone else for another 100NC, ahahahaha. But yeh...I'm kind of excited I won something on neo. lol
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Too bad I have no interest in customization - I need another 50 NC for an ice lolly in the mall :\

btw, grats to hebdenhippy for getting into the Meerca Day pic gallery
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I bought an Illusens Potted Orchid (sic) today, mostly on a whim, though the article I read today in National Geographic about orchids didn't hurt. Trading post price was at 195-250k, but I offered and got one for 150k. I'm pleased, it is a pretty item and pretty wearable. I just need to find a nice background for my gardening draik that will show it off.

Not the cheapest trinket ever, but I liked it since I saw it and since it is retired and relatively rare, I think it was a pretty good deal.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

OH MY GOODNESS!! I was lent Meowclops and Chokato today with no collateral on charter ^_^.

Tiel, I have that same exact background on Siaynde, and I almost had a heart attack when I wanted to buy three plant trinkets. At least two of them are buyable.
ImageImage

thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Yeah, Usul, lots of the pretty things are expensive. I'm pissed at TNT for making several items like that only available from redeeming Neocash cards. Doesn't help the price at all.

TNAH is at 63 for everyone with a 60 sell point. DROO is at 53, so might be good to watch. Wish I had more than 2k of each. I really need to be a better stock buyer, especially since it is my only income.