(Old) Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Silver Link

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Silver Link »

I wish people were that kind to me, Usul. I need plenty of pet, petpet, and item avatars

I have 3000 in DROO so that's great for me since it's the only one I have above 30. I feel sorry for anyone else who has stock in ACFI; been below 15 for the longest time

Does anyone know the last company to hit 0?
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

My stocks are absolutely horrible right now. They're all in the negatives, and haven't moved up at all since I've returned to Neopets.

I was hoping that while I was on hiatus maybe they all shot up, but no such luck. :P
Image Image
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

This isn't exactly an achievement, but it definitely did feel appropriate - have spent a while today reading up on the controversy surrounding Caster Semanya's win in the women's 800m this week, because I find that sort of thing fascinating. In brief: an 18-year-old girl dramatically improves her time in the 800m heats, and the IAAF announce a few hours before the final that she's being tested to determine whether she's actually female. The main controversy is not whether she should be gender tested - up til 2000, that was compulsory for all female athletes - but that she had it publicly announced shortly before she was about to compete, whereas announcements that suspected drug cheats have even been tested are not made until two separate samples have been tested and found positive.

I go to lab Narkhi just afterwards and get "...and she changes gender!!!"
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Silver Link wrote:I wish people were that kind to me, Usul. I need plenty of pet, petpet, and item avatars

I have 3000 in DROO so that's great for me since it's the only one I have above 30. I feel sorry for anyone else who has stock in ACFI; been below 15 for the longest time

Does anyone know the last company to hit 0?
As far as I can remember the last company to go bust was BOOM, a few years ago now. I lost a reasonable chunk of my portfolio at the time and was a bit narked, especially when someone from Neopets (possibly Dohring) mentioned that incident during an interview and pretty much admitted it was something they just did to stir things up a bit. I'm over it now :-P

I've got plenty in ACFI. It'll come back sooner or later.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

My accounts are still in overhaul, with two pets going out that I never got attached to their names, in favor of new names that I can't believe I hadn't checked into before. One has found a new home already, and another is about to go (though will probably stay in his current form because he has no clothing) <<EDIT: both have found homes, one permanent, the other maybe not>> This overhaul has run about 2 mil to redo, but eh, that's OK. I've wasted my NP on sillier ventures before and made costlier mistakes. :-P And when it's all straightened out, one pet apiece will be replaced on my sides (with the Neocolours Gallery description petpage on a different pet who had come over from my main a few months ago), and I'll be back to two pets on my main with the other slots reserved for labbies.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Had a quick lookie-loo at the price of the striped PB since I kind of was entertaining the possibility of getting a striped pet and was angry at the creative meerca for potentially creating a spotted-esque price hike.

Fortunately, the ones on the TP seem to be going for 140-160k, if the listed price is to be believed, and the auctions only seem to have bids around 110k. The fact nobody likes meercas seems to be a good thing. I think about 80% of purchasers would have bought it as an investment in case the price did go loopy like spotted did.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I've been getting really pitiful zaps for Poyfek...until just a few minutes ago.
I have a (sadly converted due to a new zap) GREY LUPE who will be available at the beginning of September.
He also has a zapped Woolypapith that I couldn't in good conscience zap past (as a real one fetches a few mil!). It also looks suitably uncheery even though it's more colorful - it still somewhat matches poor Poyfek's eyes.

I'll post in the adoptions section when he comes available unless someone contacts me sooner to hold him for them.

And at the beginning of October, Kazmeyer will be shifted to my third account, and all of my own swapovers should be done.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

The ray is fired at Fyndi...

... and he changes into a Green Poogle!!

Got the avatar too. Hmmm. I'm kinda sad that Fyndi didn't get changed to island while she was a peophin, but I could probably get a decent pet for a VWN poogle.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

This isnt an achievement or a woe but I got this neomail today:

Hello, I was wondering if you would be able to help me. I'm looking for the_lizard_of_time's sister. I don't know her username which is why I'm looking for her. Would you literally just neo-mail every single female user you see who comes from Canada and ask if she knows the_lizard_of_time. I really need to talk to her. The_lizard_of_time's name is Jean-Paul Girard. Thank you and have a nice day.

I don't know this person. She doesnt know me. I don't know the person shes talking about, and I don't know that persons sister. And im not going to email every single female user from canada. But I will laugh hysterically for a few minutes as this is the funniest neomail I've gotten in a long time.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

NC New Topics Page wrote:Massive Name Clearing Tomorrow
Heartclutch-- oh. Subeta. Right. Never mind. -_-
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

RD, I thought you meant "Neocash New Topics"...

*head-bump to wake up some brain cells*
ImageImage

thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

RD, I totally had the same reaction. I was already thinking of who I could pound in a pinch before I finished the line and saw it was for Subeta. Le sigh.
EofS

Post by EofS »

*Sigh* Nearly two weeks and no response since their first email in which they told me my account didn't exist. I did re-email on Friday to ask (politely) for a status update. I still don't even have a reason why I was frozen.

I miss playing Neopets :0(
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Aw, EofS, I'm sorry. That completely sucks. :(

Last night I came home, slightly buzzed and super tired after True Blood/Hung/Firefly night at my friend's, and I opened up Avatar log on a whim and saw it was Snowager time.

After ages and ages of trying, since the damn thing was released (which, Avatar Log helpfully informs me, was on December 8, 2004-- nearly 5 years ago) I got the Snowager avatar!

For an avatar collector like me, this is pretty big. It isn't often these days I add another avatar, and a random one is amazingly awesome. Maybe I will be in the running for a trophy soon. This would be #313.

In the pissy category, when I posted a thread on the Avatar Chat about it (I really had to consider it, I quit doing that ages ago, but couldn't help myself) amid the many congratulations I got a few choice comments. One person said "wouldn't it be funny if you got frozen two hours later l0l0l0l." And another person said "only took you 100 months." :P Well, haters gonna hate. In further news, Avatar Chat is a cesspool.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Congrats Alliel. I have no idea why that one is so hard to get. I stopped trying for it a year ago.

An Alien Aisha gives you an Ultra Golden Nerkmid!

Alright! Things are looking up, and I haven't even heard back yet. An instant 225K will be huge amount to add to my side bank account of 2 NP.

(Alliel, you wouldn't by chance need the Alien Aisha av, would ya? :D )
ImageImage