(Old) Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Silver Link

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Silver Link »

Usul_Princess wrote:This was the weirdest freakin' day....And the wrong day to rely on 2:1's.

Silver Link wrote: Edit: If I bet on all 5 winners and there was no winnings limit, I would've won 96,536,440 NP. Good thing they have that in place
I think you really should have won 96m if you were make an insane correct guess like that. Didn't like four 13:1's win, and one 9:1>
A 13, 2, 7, 11, and 10. I got Gooblah right and I know I bet on Bonnie Pip but I did a combo bet and probably included Scurvy Dan or Buck, who didn't win

With all the insane bets people make, I wouldn't be surprised if one person guessed all 5 right. Unlikely, but not impossible

You know, we should probably make our own FC topic. I shouldn't post in here everytime I win big or lose to a spoiler
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Well, no. That's the point of AaToW. Very significant ones like FFQs, getting your pets back, are in a league of their own, and deserve a separate thread in their own right. Spamming seems to be okay for now, as long as we acknowlege/praise non-FC achievements of course. :)
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

I feel like I have to force myself to find achievements/woes to justify my FC rants, which kind of sucks. I need to find a guild or forum that focuses on it so I won't feel like I'm wasting people's viewing time by just posting about FC

Edit: Nevermind, couldn't find a guild that focuses on FC. There's my woe :\
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

We should make one and then share our bets with each other? Otherwise, I tend to forget to bet, even though it's basically my only source of income.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Silver Link wrote:
Edit: Nevermind, couldn't find a guild that focuses on FC. There's my woe :\

I do understand your point though Silver Link. In Black Rose Society, Carrie held the #2 spot. We talk a lot about ourselves and the BD, but bets are definitely one of the hot topics. Which I'm in, so I can invite you in there. :)
ImageImage

zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Silver Link wrote:You know, we should probably make our own FC topic. I shouldn't post in here everytime I win big or lose to a spoiler
For what it's worth I enjoy the FC post quite a lot :) I didn't like the odds so I made only 6 bets yesterday and managed a 14:6 so I'm pretty pleased.

I don't know about a guild, but there's always a board in games section that has people discussing bets and winners. I visit it every so often to see how others did. Here's the current one:

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic. ... =134671057

Also here is my non FC achievement. I finally got this the other day:

It failed to do anything interesting yet but I'm keeping my eyes open.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

By all means, make a FC topic. Just so long as it's general discussion and not a point by point list of what bets to make every day.

edit--Oh, Silver Link already did. Well, retroactive permission! Really, we don't need to be scared of making topics here. If no one wants the topic, it'll just die.
Image Image
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Had quite an unbelievable day for random event avatars. I was doing my dailies in different tabs. I found that on one of the tabs that I had been visited by the Tooth Faerie and she'd rewarded me with an avatar. Woo. Then I looked at another one of my tabs and Sloth had deemed me worthy of using his image. Wow.

I've never really had a random event while doing dailies, so to get two within minutes of each other and for them both to be avatar events is a bit lucky. It's not even my birthday. :D
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Broke down and bought a Halloween PB after wanting the peophin clothes for a year. Caisynne had to be pound transferred twice. o_O Once to paint a pound victim Halloween, kick it out, and to repound/adopt her the next day. (I had no other choice; Either paint over her, or kick out my RG peophin, or UC usuki pair.)
Spoiler: open/close
*relieved sigh*. Now maybe I'll get her a decent petpet.
ImageImage

Sparrow
Human Avatar: 158026

Post by Sparrow »

... crap. I can't believe this. I tried getting into my side account today, which I hadn't logged into in forever. It won't accept the birthdate. I thought sure I used the exact same birthdate for all of my accounts. This is just utter crap. It wouldn't be so bad, since there is really nothing on that account, but there are two pets that I would like to adopt out, and now I can't access them. Just utter shit.

I used up all my tries today, but... has this happened to anyone else? How do you get the birthdate, just by guessing?
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Sparrow wrote:... crap. I can't believe this. I tried getting into my side account today, which I hadn't logged into in forever. It won't accept the birthdate. I thought sure I used the exact same birthdate for all of my accounts. This is just utter crap. It wouldn't be so bad, since there is really nothing on that account, but there are two pets that I would like to adopt out, and now I can't access them. Just utter shit.

I used up all my tries today, but... has this happened to anyone else? How do you get the birthdate, just by guessing?

You probably have the right birthdate. Even if the guess + PW is right, it will lock you out for that day. You have to already have NF that side account to at least know the year/ display age if you don't know for sure. But yes, start with the age, and guess every day until it's unlocked.

BTW: Is your avatar picture of the lab ray scorchio? It cracks me up everytime I see it.
ImageImage

Sparrow
Human Avatar: 158026

Post by Sparrow »

Usul_Princess wrote: You probably have the right birthdate. Even if the guess + PW is right, it will lock you out for that day. You have to already have NF that side account to at least know the year/ display age if you don't know for sure. But yes, start with the age, and guess every day until it's unlocked.

BTW: Is your avatar picture of the lab ray scorchio? It cracks me up everytime I see it.
Thank you so much! I will attempt to access the account tomorrow; I had neofriended that account, and indeed I had chosen a different year, the year before my actual birthdate. Phew! So at least I have that, and I probably chose the same birthdate. :)

Hee, and yes, I got the av image from a caption contest picture of the lab ray scorchio. I loved his crazy expression; it was pretty well drawn for a caption image, too.

EDIT: Yes!! Got into the account. Thanks again, I was just so irritated that I couldn't think straight. :)
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Minor achievement:
I borrowed a plain poogle in order to paint it Halloween, to nab those clothes for my pet Aetania.

Minor woe:
I found out the royal cloak won't fit over the halloween poogle suit. Darn darn darn! But, perhaps minor achievement, I discovered this without using a royal paint brush. Aetania looks cute as she is at any rate.
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

I nabbed a Clam Chowder Ice Lolly from the TP for 3 petpet paint brushes and 50k. It's a great deal, considering no one else on the TP is mentioning price so I probably would've had to pay a lot more. In all, it could be worth more than 1 mil, but I got it for around 400k

btw, if anyone knows someone that's selling a Cauliflower Lolly, let me know. It's the only one left I need to complete my gallery (i also need the Very Berry Ice Lolly but you need NC for that and I'm unwilling to pay real money to get it)
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I just finished NeoQuest II! Boy was Terask II annoying, kept Renewing. Got him in the end though, but it's a shame my prize is Talinia's Whittling Knife.