300 Strength boost!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

300 Strength boost!

Post by Wingsrising »

I finally made the 300 strength boost today! Then I decided to give my new boost a test drive:

I have to admit now I'm not sure what to do next. Lab some more HP into her, until just before the next training cost boost,sure. But given that I don't do 2-player and there's now a cap on plot BD points (there are no real wars anymore) I do sort of wonder if it's worth the effort and expense. Decisions, decisions.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: 300 Strength boost!

Post by AngharadTy »

Woo! Congratulations! That's a lot of effort. =D
Image Image
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Level: 150
Hit Points: 293 / 293
Strength: ULTIMATE (300)
Defence: ULTIMATE (298)
Movement: LEGENDARY (110)
Intelligence: ULTIMATE GENIUS (253)

Huge grats!! That's a lot of effort and expense. :D 300 boost, ahh. I want to be there some day. Even flat 200s seem far away to me right now.

P.S. I read on your lookup that you're a professor who studies "judgment and decision making" -- what field is that? I can't decide whether it's psychology or philosophy... or something else entirely!
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Kudosandhuzzah

Post by Kudosandhuzzah »

Congrats! 300 is an awesome achievement!
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Awesome! Now it's time to power-train level to 250 and start doing ninja school courses. ;)

(That's what I did... my pet was at the 250 boosts, and I realized it would be a lot faster and not much more expensive to train to level 250 and use the ninja school. It's only one red codestone/four hours per course, and the reds range from 15k-43k right now. If you plan to continue training, it's a great option. Also, if you stay right on level 250, you can use both MI schools at the exact same time. I'm averaging five stat points per day, even with having to go to work.)
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Wooooooow, what an awesome achievement! And I was all excited about reaching 200 defence in the next few days. I can't wait until I get where you are. Congratulations!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Judgment and decision making is psychology. Or at least, I'm in psychology. There are also people in economics or business schools that study decision making.

I don't know, Cranberry. I'm a pretty laid-back trainer. :-) For one thing, I generally do my HP training in the lab rather than with codestones (and I don't lab and codestone train at the same time.) I also frequently forget to train or stop training for a week or so because the supply of codestones in my SDB has run down and I'm too lazy to buy more. Also I'm not sure if I'm ever planning to train to 500.

My battle pet is also my active pet. You know how sometimes your active pet "talks" to you? Today she popped up and asked when the last time we'd been to the Techo Master was. Er... now?
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Congrats Bethany! :D Nothing feels better training wise than reaching the next strength boost - it makes such a huge difference.

My attitude towards training (I Kitchen Quest train) depends a lot on how lab is treating me. If I get a few really got stat zaps in a row I do all KQs with much enthusiasm. Than again if I get a few very depressing ones in a row (like -3 defence both today and yesterday) I sort of deflate and barely make myself complete a few kitchen quests a day. It was even more noticeable when I was codestone training. It would take a whole day to train Ocy two stats and lab would promptly tomorrow take all that effort away and leave me with a knowledge of exactly how much NP I threw down the wind. Sometimes I really hate the lab.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Congrats :)

My pet has been a few points away from his next defense boost for a couple weeks now. I can't wait until I can get level caught up and get the boost already.

I should've been doing Kitchen Quests to get it, but don't really have too many spare nps right now, so have mainly been sticking to scratchcards and one course in level on most days.