Hacked...

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
sezrin

Hacked...

Post by sezrin »

After 9 years on neopets, I've finally been hacked... Damn. Still trying to get my account back, but I have noticed that one of my pets has been turned baby and another skunk? so if thats all that happened, and I still have all my items/SP this may still end up being an achievment.

Wish me luck...
Ailiel

Re: Hacked...

Post by Ailiel »

Oh no! What is the deal lately? That's terrible, I hope you can manage to get your account back somehow.
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

And now my lab pet has been morphed into a Royal gelert boy and given away... My nationality has been changed to Canadian and there's a female jelly Aisha. Grrrr!

Anyone know how long it normaly takes TNT to sort this out after mailing them? I hardly play anymore, but these pets were 9 years old!
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I wonder if there's some cookie-grabbing going on. One of my non-NC friends just had her account stolen as well (TNT froze it before whoever got in managed to do anything -- she had a PIN on everything important, too). She got hers back in a day.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I just reported the account as being hacked..hopefully someone sees it before anything else is done to it
Image Image
ImageImage
varii

Post by varii »

I reported your account as well. Technically you weren't hacked, you were probably CG'd. I know semantics doesn't mean much in this situation but there have been a lot of accounts CG'd lately. The good news is TNT has also been really good (for them) at dealing with these things quickly and even getting pets back to proper accounts. It seems like they know something big is going on and doing more to help out users affected. Not as good as publicly acknowledging it, but it is something.

I wish they would make it so users could not customise shops. It seems like that is where most of this badness happens and I have never entered someone's shop and gone, 'oh, neat layout!' But I have gone, 'Damn it, why do I have to scroll through all of this glitter bullshit?'

Best of luck getting it all sorted out. :/ I don't think I could start over after 9 years.
rei @ neopets
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Oh yuck, I hope it does get sorted out!! :(

I agree, aside from maybe mall banners (and even those annoy me) and of course shopkeepers and basic text, I could really appreciate an end to customization in shops.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Can't they at least allow us to disable HTML in shops, same as you can disable chat fonts?

That would be awesome.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Geez that's awful. I've been seeing people not only here being hit, but others I've known for some time through neo itself having this crap happen to them. Why is it always the nice people that get nailed? As Varii said, seems TNT is on the ball for a change with these things, so hopefully your account situation is worked out soon.

Sounds to me like that'd be a viable option Madge, and the quickest, cleanist and easiest fix.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

Hey was hoping who'd had experience of this kinda thing could give me some help....

Just noticed my account now says "frozen", buut I'm yet to hear anything from neopets at all. Is this usual?
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

You need to send in that form or whatever with all your account info... then they should unfreeze you pretty quickly.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Sorry to hear this happened to you. It's been happening a lot lately =/
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, it's another pandemic. :(

When I got frozen last year, it took about a month or so for it to be all sorted out. I think the general wait time was 2 weeks to 2 months. Hopefully you don't have to wait that long, and hopefully you'll get things back to how they're supposed to be.

For all they say, I'm STILL not fully convinced that they look through each situation beyond a cursory glance. But hopefully the time it takes them to get it done, when they do, is an indication they do look into some of them in fair depth.
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

Thanks for all the replies, but I never seemed to get anywhere.

Did get one reply back from Heidi, who said she could do nothing unless I provided her with a list of information (How can I tell her what's in my SDB - there's 6000 items in there! and as for details on my last trades - I've not used the trading post in about 5 years). Despite using the same email the accounts been attached to for 8 years and giving her every bit of info I could, she never replied. Tried forwarding the message twice and then tried resending it as a fresh complaint issue. Nothing back.

Yay for TNT's customer service. I shall miss Neo, even if I was at the stage where I only logged on once a month or so. Just seems a waste of all the bloody expensive items I had...

Don't suppose anyone has any ideas before I put Neo in it's little digital grave to be forgotten about forever more?
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Basically, from what I've seen with this kind of thing it takes a lot of persistence, and just trying to talk to as many people as you can. Even then, there are no guarantees, no one really knows why people in similar situations have different outcomes for their accounts.

You can keep trying, if it is important to you. If you weren't playing Neopets very much anymore, and don't really miss it enough to go through the trouble to get your account back, you could give up. Even if you do get your account back, it's likely your items and points will be gone anyway. It's really up to you. If the account is frozen you can probably rest assured that whoever funneled out your items was frozen as well.