Devastated (EDIT: Happy ending!)

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
ZomgethMew

Re: Devastated (WARNING: Neopets may have been hacked)

Post by ZomgethMew »

That reminds me of the time when I dreamt that the pound had reopened after months of inactivity - then I woke up and it was still down x_x I hope you get a good response, MM.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
clsimmons1985

Post by clsimmons1985 »

Eerie is currently UFT on the pound chat...

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic. ... t=1#bottom
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Oh my god, thank you so much for letting me know about that! I'm desperately going to contact the current owner and see if there's any way she'd give him up. Thank you again!

EDIT: I'm so relieved right now - she responded to my message in a very polite way, which is more than I can say about Eerie's previous owner. She said unfortunately she saved up a lot of money to paint him and she didn't want to give him up for free (which I can understand), so I offered Sensation (my Shadow Krawk) in exchange. While I'm attached to Sensation, I honestly am even more attached to Eerie. I was also thinking that since I can't make Eerie into a Maraquan Krawk anymore, perhaps I could transfer Sensation's character over to him.

Now I'm just waiting for the verdict on that. *sweats*
Image Image
Mistress Morbid

I had to double post for this, apologies in advance.

I have Eerie back!!!

I'm absolutely stunned at the moment. clsimmons1985, if it wasn't for your post I probably never would have been able to do this. I can't thank you enough. I'm so relieved I was able to trade back for him. I'm just so happy that the user was an understanding person and allowed me to take him. I'm so happy right now, I can't even describe it. *squeezes Eerie*
Image Image
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

One down, two to go (unless you're just going to focus on Wythorn)

Anyway, that's pretty damn awesome. Best outcome that could happen in an otherwise shitty situation
Mistress Morbid

I know, I just can't believe it...the chances of him getting grabbed by a new owner, and then someone from NC happening to see the board, then me happening to be online at the right time, and then that owner being nice enough to trade him back.....it's practically a miracle.

This is definitely a nice positive light for this whole situation. I know Shroomy's on a permanent home, and I'm okay with that. Now to just keep mailing TNT until they give me my frozen pets back. xD
Image Image
varii

Post by varii »

That's amazing! To trade away such an awesomely named pet your neomail must have really freaked out the last owner. Congrats :D
rei @ neopets
clsimmons1985

Post by clsimmons1985 »

Oh phew!!! I am so relieved for you! :D
Mistress Morbid

varii wrote:That's amazing! To trade away such an awesomely named pet your neomail must have really freaked out the last owner. Congrats :D
Actually I have a feeling that's exactly the reason they gave him up. I mentioned to the first rude owner that I was currently working with TNT to get my pets back. It's ambiguous, but it's the truth. And the owner I got him back from was equally nervous about being frozen for owning a stolen pet. It kind of worked out well for me since there was that whole 'It's a stolen pet, what if I'm considered an accomplice?' mood around him, so he was getting tossed around like a hot potato.
Image Image
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Aw well I've been stalking this thread for a while but now I think you're getting past all the crap, it got a lot worse but now things are going your way =)
Congrats, I'm really happy you have at least one of your pets back!
...formerly known as 'spiraled'
-click-
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Yay! So glad that you have Eerie back, however it had to happen! Although it is ironic that the very thing that likely led to the pet theft, pet trading, was the means with which you got one of your pets back.
Mistress Morbid

It is very ironic. ><

Though I have to say, I find the whole 'Pet Trade' mentality a little irksome. I mean, it's really awesome when you genuinely have a pet that you'd like to give to someone else, and receive one that you love in return, but the way some people are thinking is just aggravating.

People just see the pets as objects worth a value, especially when it comes to draiks/krawks and rare or unconverted colours. For instance, when I was haggling to get Eerie back, she originally was saying "Well, I suppose an auto would be Lifeless with a Mootix attached, but if you have the NP you can custom make a Grey for me and I'll trade." I was just like..."o_o Umm, no Lifeless means a lot to me, and I even hate giving up Sensation, but he's the only one I can stand to offer." Again, she wasn't rude or anything, but she was another one of those users who looked at a pet and calculated what it was worth, and not any potential personalities or anything like that. I think she ended up accepting Sensation because he's a real word name and a Krawk, so she can theoretically get any pet she wanted if she traded him.

Oh well, I'll try not to dwell on it.
Image Image
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Full circle stories are awesome :) What are the odds?! I am so happy for you, and echo what everyone else has said.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yay! Well, it still stinks that this all happened, but I'm so glad you got Eerie back!! :-D Thanks to clsimmons1985 and a nice string of coincidence! I still hope you can get your "stuck on frozen accounts" pets back.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Hate that you had to loose Sensation, but having Eerie back is so wonderful! ...seriously, my heart did a little flutter for you. Am I lame? Anyways, happy to hear he's back home where he belongs and can't wait to see what you do with him now. ^^
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets