Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
EofS

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by EofS »

Well, we have a female one listed which presumably means we managed to find one somewhere.

Edit: I'm not advocating this particular combination, but if you peer closely enough you can see the faerie colour beneath ;0)
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Wow... why don't more people have them? The colours are so pretty! I'm in love! Too bad about the stupid fist.

Thanks for unboggling me. @_@
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

POOOFTTTTTTTT *spits hot tea everywhere*

I just figured out the Lenny Conundrum... Thank goodness they sometimes make little riddles for dumb people like me. Hopefully I was part of the first 250. It's REALLY EASY this week, so you all should try too.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Ocy reached 700 strength boost today! Let me tell you, it makes for some really neat damage in BD =)

I'll probably train a bit more to see how far I can push defence with kitchen quests, but trying out the next strenght boost was definitely the most fun part about training - I'll miss that.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Last night, I made an information board on the HC explaining what the referral program was, since people were getting confused about the announcement in New Features. People turning up to this kind of board and saying "good job" or "keep at it" in order to bump is nothing unusual.

What is unusual is... a member of TNT doing it.

Yep. Actual bona-fide TNT (and one of my favourite staff members ever, at that). Bumping MY board (and giving it an A+).

It's been nearly 24 hours and my mind is still boggled.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

zebru wrote:Ocy reached 700 strength boost today! Let me tell you, it makes for some really neat damage in BD =)

I'll probably train a bit more to see how far I can push defence with kitchen quests, but trying out the next strenght boost was definitely the most fun part about training - I'll miss that.
Congrats, that's pretty amazing with the hit points your pet has too. I've been really slacking on hp since my pet hit the 700 boosts. Not to mention I get tired of running and changing my password every time I visit a codestone shop.

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote: Last night, I made an information board on the HC explaining what the referral program was, since people were getting confused about the announcement in New Features. People turning up to this kind of board and saying "good job" or "keep at it" in order to bump is nothing unusual.

What is unusual is... a member of TNT doing it.

Yep. Actual bona-fide TNT (and one of my favourite staff members ever, at that). Bumping MY board (and giving it an A+).

It's been nearly 24 hours and my mind is still boggled.
It's surprising to see any member of TNT around the boards anymore, especially since Greg left last year. Well I guess I've seen snarkie now and then too but not too often. But that is pretty cool to have one bump your board.

I guess I'll forever be stuck at 14 referrals since it took me years to get that many.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Meuka
0 / 352

Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'Meuka - Snotty' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

I'm glad that hell is finally over.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Congrats!! I still need Meuka as an opponent. /hopes for disease to strike pets

I'm currently in Washington DC @_@ been here for two days. I'm too paranoid to log into neo from my laptop 'cuz of the change in my IP address, who knows what they could conclude from it. Anyway! I brought my tablet so I had time to finish a quickie of my newest pet, Asteyr the mara uni. His character is based off of the maraquan charger war opponents. The pic is stretched under the spoiler for reasons that are beyond me, you can view it more properly at http://i46.tinypic.com/fto4r4.jpg w/o the randomly cropped bits.
Spoiler: open/close
Though this was a quickpaint (two evenings in D.C.) I think I've improved since the last time I did seahorsies, which was my 'Waveriders' pic last year. Yayy. I will do touchups when I get back to Cda and can see this thing on a proper screen, not my washed-out midget laptop one.

P.S. from the news coverage I thought Washington was going to be basically buried in ten zillion feet of snow, but it was honestly not that much at all. Talk about overhyped & exaggerated figures :P I can't believe so many govt offices were shut down over this.
Larkspurlane @ neo
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Geez, Larkspurlane, your art is awesome. That is a fantastically gorgeous picture.
Image Image
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Thank you, Ty!! :D I am very pleased with it, which is a really nice feeling haha. I forgot to say, I was totally inspired to complete this after watching those stunning orcas during the opening ceremonies of the olympics. SO BEAUTIFUL ;__; the best part of the ceremony, IMO, along with the brief clip of Loreena McKennitt's The Old Ways (she is my muse while painting @_@ her and epic film soundtracks).
Larkspurlane @ neo
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Wow, the pic is GORGEOUS! Nice work!

I came to bitch myself out for missing logging in to Neopets on the 5th day of Daily Dare. I have no excuses! Time just got away from me, and i simply forgot to log in to Neopets on time.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Beautiful, Larkspurlane! Very evocative colouring.

Stockmarket-folk (Fjorab & Madge, I'm thinking about you here) avert your eyes - this may make you cry...

I don't remember if/when I last saw a stock at over 1,000%. I sold 20k of KSON a while back but I've still got 6k left - not sure if that's a woe or an achievement really...
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Wow, and to think at one point until fairly recently, i had 29k shares sitting there. I sold at 105, i think, which still isn't shabby. It's sad in a way to see the old powerhouse stocks limping along right now. I don't have anything reasonably sellable right now.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I just had a freaking heart attack, I just saw the sad pic and Glymmer's name and thought he'd gotten hit by the blue RE or something. HOLY CRAP!

...phew...

Other than that, I fixed up my item gallery and made it pretty! http://www.neopets.com/gallery/index.ph ... rkspurlane Yayyy. This was a long time coming. + I get to feature a side account pet, which is nice, because they're so lonely over there @_@ I also went on a shopping spree & then updated my wishlist, yoinking ideas from the thread here.

Two hours well-wasted. *satisfied*
Larkspurlane @ neo
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I wish TNT would clear some frozen accounts soon. It's clearly been years since they last did it, I thought accounts got cleared after two years? Well I've had my current account for over two years and none of my old ones are gone. Ok, it might be impatient to be complaining about my last set of pets still existing, but it goes back a lot further than that. One of my first pets, cutie_ixi_12, still exists and the 12 represents how old I was when I made him. I'm 20 this year. I'm not even sure how long ago that account was frozen. I've had this one a good 2 years and my previous one a good 3, maybe 4, years so to say they're behind would be an understatement.

(No, that wasn't really an achievement or woe. I just wanted to have a little rant.)