Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Kantark

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Kantark »

Igniferous is now, thanks to Cranberry, 100% more fiery <3

Having snagged a nicely-named account and pet in the purge I'm half way through my 2011 Neogoals already! Yay!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I've been playing Neopets lately. That's kind of an achievement, right? The other day I used jellyneo to look at all the items up until I stopped actively playing, and added around 70 items to my gallery (and had to upgrade it like 15 times, god what a money sink -_-).

Got back into zapping my purposeless lab rats. I moved my pets around a bit and have plans to turn Amelia into a Baby Aisha and Shumi into a White Aisha with some pretty Shenkuu duds. Just because Aishas are really the only pets I like post-customization; all the other pet goals I had were quashed by the revamp, leaving me with nothing to do, pet-wise. I need to use the free 150 NC I got a while ago before it expires like the first free 150 NC did, but I'm still totally unenamored of the concept of putting animals in clothes.

I want to redo my pets' profiles with compacted blurbs and a sketch of both animal and human forms, but that's unlikely to happen because I haven't really drawn in a year and may not remember how to hold a pencil. I still have the coding of every lookup, pet profile, and petpage saved from 2006. Finding my way around the all the new convoluted coding is gonna take a while.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

The ray is fired at Oceiia...
... and she changes into a Green Lutari!!

Ya know, I was zapping for a maraquan eyrie, but this is SO MUCH BETTER. Thank you, Lab. :| </sarcasm>

Part of me wants to keep zapping it for desert (so cute!), but these things can't be transferred, and I can't have it taking up space on my lab account. Time to search out morphing potions...
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Has anyone else noticed an increase in random events?

Maybe I've just been clicking more furiously these past few days, but I feel like I've gotten more random events in the last two/three days than in the last month on Neo. It just seems odd. None have been good or bad (The grundo leader stole my rainbow dung, nooooo!) though, so it might just be my imagination.
prinveli

Post by prinveli »

I got an ironic random event - my maraquan blumaroo suddendly got a case of bubbles. Only cost 300np but still , it's negative yet cool.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

"You have added White Picket Fence into your gallery!"

Since I have almost every obtainable kau item, I've been branching out and collecting anything to do with milk, or farms... It's getting to a point where every new item is an achievement. Haha.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

4318 Shipwreck: Gooblah the Grarrl
Lagoon: Scurvy Dan the Blade
Treasure Island: Stuff-A-Roo
Hidden Cove: Ned the Skipper
Bet 7446 NP, Odds 104:1, Payout 774384 NP
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

My latest woe is very woeful.

I visited the faerie quest thing, and I got the battle faerie. Because I am dumb, I did not realize that my health stats would be raised by 2-- long story short, Braedan's level must now be 201 to continue training, so further courses will be 8 codestones and 24 hours instead of 7 codestones and 18 hours.

I could kick myself.

I have some achievements too but I do not care because I am so upset about this.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

You might want to look into whether it would be cheaper/faster to power your way to level 250 and the Ninja Training School, where courses for level 250 pets only take 4 hours rather than 24.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

There are a few items to take levels away I think. Look in to it.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

There are several ways to reduce level, but Ailiel wants to reduce hitpoints. The only item that does that is Vortex Negg. I was going to offer to send some over, but I see that the pet is a UC grey gelert, and the Vortex Negg can also change color, so that's a no go. :( I second the suggestion of power-leveling and using the ninja school. It actually works out cheaper, I believe... and it's a hell of a lot faster.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Thanks for the suggestions! Yes, I already looked into and discarded the idea of vortex neggs. I do think red codestones are usually somewhat cheaper than your average set of 8 codestones, depending on the codestones of course. Up to the volcano gods.

I would totally do that, except I don't know if I trust myself now to keep it at level 250! What if Braedan randomly gains a level? Would it just be better to be completely ninja, instead of dual-training?

I have always wanted to have access to the ninja school, so there is the coolness factor of just leveling leveling leveling until I can get in.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

What I did was leveled to exactly 250 (I think I actually went over -- stupid training bonuses -- but lost a level at Deadly Dice to knock myself back down) and trained in both schools until I had to level up again. It's not too hard to stay right on 250... although I did have to turn down a couple of faerie queen quests. :( It's not the end of the world if you go over, though; you're talking a difference of only one stat point per day by that level.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Somebody saw a post of mine somewhere about wanting a coconut jubjub and offered me their pet Jubbucci! I gave them a RG gelert in return, and I am now one happy camper :D Even though I have no idea how I'm going to customise a coconut jubjub xD
Faun

Post by Faun »

Congrats Rah! I absolutely love coconut JubJubs :D
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter