Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Kantark

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Kantark »

Pretty minor, but I'm a bit miffed that I didn't win the LC last week - I solved the puzzle in a different way to the one they'd thought of (but still valid, as far as I can see). Especially because I probably would've been top 250 given the time I submitted it.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
EofS

Post by EofS »

The palindromic odometer? I submitted my answer in the wrong format and am very annoyed at myself for having done so.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

That was the week before? It turned out to be some unrealistically large number like 50 billion kilometres?

Last week's was chopping a letter off a word to make another word, and submitting letters in the order they were chopped off. There is probably a technical name for this.

Starting with SOWING,

they expected SOWING --> SWING --> SING --> SIN --> IN --> I.
but I submitted SOWING --> OWING --> WING --> WIN --> IN --> I.

Looking at it now, there are more than two solutions too. Just didn't guess the right one, I suppose! Drat!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
EofS

Post by EofS »

Oh! Yes. Now you say that, I realise that I also entered that week and did the same as you did. Drat.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Kantark wrote:That was the week before? It turned out to be some unrealistically large number like 50 billion kilometres?

Last week's was chopping a letter off a word to make another word, and submitting letters in the order they were chopped off. There is probably a technical name for this.

Starting with SOWING,

they expected SOWING --> SWING --> SING --> SIN --> IN --> I.
but I submitted SOWING --> OWING --> WING --> WIN --> IN --> I.

Looking at it now, there are more than two solutions too. Just didn't guess the right one, I suppose! Drat!
I sent SOWING --> SWING --> WING --> WIN --> IN --> I

I other words: WIN = LOSE
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Darigan wrote:I other words: WIN = LOSE

:-D Nicely done.
EofS

Post by EofS »

I've submitted an editorial question, though I doubt I'll get in. But I was legible and didn't throw things at them, so it should at least get read.
Fury

Post by Fury »

I've been putting off seeking a lender for MSPP for so long but I finally decided to give it a go this morning. I made a board on the Avatar Chat and within half an hour, a very kind user lent me the card! Having it in my inventory and returning it was probably the most nerve-wracking thing I've ever done on Neo, LOL.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Wow, congratulations Fury! What sort of collateral did you have? I've never even bothered to try...
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I'm a little bit speechless, I think this might be my first PB win on Neopets. Though, tempered somewhat that they've deflated to *only* 3mil-ish. Maybe I'll get another Pirate Lupe after all.

Also, Fury, that's an impressive one! Congrats!
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Finally, after a solid week of garbage odds.

Way to go Tiel! I need to venture down there more often.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Nice win! To both of you!

After seeing Tiel's post I had a go at Anchor Management (that title still makes me chuckle), and won a piece of map worth 40k - not on the scale of a PB but still well worth it!
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Boochi got Shari again. It's the second time she's been a Baby Shoyru. Why can it never be one of the fosters? :( Well, at least she's easy to repaint. Starry is a relatively inexpensive colour for how pretty it is!
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

This has been a good week.
Dear Tiel,
Congratulations! Your entry (A Memory of Disaster) has been selected to appear in a future issue of the Neopian Times. A shiny trophy has been added to your user lookup. Thank you for contributing to the Neopian Times!
Yours Sincerely,
The Neopets Team
I've never had anything published in the Times, so I'm super excited!

It's kinda a silly story, basically my piratey Darigan Krawk's reaction to the Krawk Island Plot (I figure it would be a traumatic experience for a resident). So keep your eyes open for it if you remember. :D

RD: The second time? Sheesh! He must really find her immature. =P

Edit: In case anyone is interested, my story is here! (I want to brag, but without making another post. xD)
Last edited by thelonetiel on 10 Sep 2011 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Congrats on getting your story accepted, Tiel!

I just had a bit of a hissy fit. I've been eyeing up the Shell Wings in the NC Mall and finally decided to splurge my remaining NC and pick them up. So I head over to the Mall....and no wings. I check Jellyneo and apprently they were retired today. ._. After swearing at the screen for a minute or so I wander over to the Neoboards, post a wanted topic and get a trade set up for the new Mystery Capsule. It's all gone through and I have my pretty wings but that was a random annoyance I could have done without. xD