Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
PennyLane

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by PennyLane »

I have no idea if TNT decided to make this avatar easier to get or what, but I finally got the Wheel of Knowledge avatar today =D I was holding my breath watching the wheel slow down on that star haha (#332!)

And now that I checked an avatar list I see that the solution for the wishing well avatar has been figured out, so I got that one too. Up to 333, which puts me at #40 on the hs table. Maybe I'll try to upgrade my trophy next month.

*edit*

Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'Grundo - Discarded Plushie' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

And now this one too =D
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Whew! I got my issues straightened out, adopted out Osnipe, and swapped in another zap-adopter Lavastears (might just go Magma but could also go for Pirate).

I created Madjik for hopes of Eventide, Reyvun for Wraith, and Mooquat for Water. Maybe i'll get lucky with some of them.

I also got a nice pull in from Food Club recently.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Stupid Neomail I just got:
You let your amazing pets rot on inactive sides? /: what a waste. UCs are becoming rarer because of people who don't use their accounts, and are still too greedy to give them away.

My moderate reply:
You're hardly allowed to do anything on side accounts. What do you want me to do, log in to do nothing every day? For your information, I put YEARS of work into my pets and their characters are still relevant in my creative world. You think I'm greedy for wanting to keep and admire my characters and my work? What a thoughtless comment.

What I would've replied with if this wasn't Neopets:
KISS MY ASS

Seriously, nerve. And I love it when people say "I hate it when people have things I want! They should give them away, you know, to people like me! So greedy!!1!"
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Ugh, I wish I could block any neomails with my pets' names in. I don't think I've ever traded a pet, and I'm sick of endless rubbish offers for my pets. What's that, you think I'd like your "battle pet" with 50hp, 50 str and 50 def? Does it do more damage than my existing 1169hp, 406str pet? No? Oh.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

That's kind of an amazing neomail. I never get such facepalm inducing neomails. Maybe I should stop logging into my side accounts for awhile.

It's actually a good defense mechanism, really. If the last logged in date is awhile ago, you can see right away (if you check your userlookups regularly) if someone has logged in who is not you.

Or maybe I'm the only one who is so paranoid that I might try that.

I mostly get compliments on my pets really that I am glad to receive. The occasional offer that I politely decline. Only one person has offered on the same pet three times now. But I'm not really fussed by those sort of mails, I guess because I really don't get them often, once every few months or so. I take it as another sort of compliment.
Fury

Post by Fury »

I've not been playing intently recently, just logging on to click through the dailies and voila! How exciting!

I'm not a massive Draik fan so I'll probably end up selling to buy some of the remaining expensive items for my Gallery.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Nice find! ::rushes out to buy a Forgotten Shore map set::
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fury

Post by Fury »

It's definitely worth it Kantark, now that they're so cheap!

Speaking of weird neomails, I thought it time to share some of the strange ones I get...

I can't remember where I met this lady or why I accepted her neofriend request, but a lady under the name of Judy has been sending me neomails periodically - some quite normal and others rather strange. I haven't been frequenting Neopets as much as normal and I've not spoken directly to anyone for a couple of months but this evening, I find this neomail:
Subject: hey
Just got back in town from my moms funeral
That's it. I've never spoken to her about her mother before. I've not even spoken to her within the past few months. I don't know who this woman is. The only time I converse with her is when she wants to buy some of my stamps that I restock.

I wish I had some of her earlier neomails, they were pretty peculiar. She would send a 2 or 3 in a row without waiting for me to reply and I remember distinctly one that read along the lines of:
i remember when we had a hurriance, it tore through our house and i remember running upstairs to grab my eagle picture to keep it safe
Again, this was completely unprompted.

Haha, I just reply every now and again agreeing with her and asking the odd question. Strange!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I think I'd be tempted to reply with a simple NM commiserating/sympathising and then just hope the exchange would get less weird quickly. Or peter out altogether. But, yes, that's a very unusual way to start a conversation by anyone's standards.

---

Cost of Forgotten Shore map set: less than 5K.
Value of Discovered Treasure Chest found today: 40K.

Definitely worth it :-) Any ideas why the treasure chest is so valuable, given that it only seems to be a toy?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

When you play with it Kantark (I think it is the play option) it will contain a random item that's available from the shore. So you can get the pirate gummies or a Pirate Draik Egg. I think of it as a "Play again!" thing, cause it seems like the odds are about the same as from the shore (that is, draiks and krawks are unlikely).

Speaking of the map, I have two nearly complete sets (I have at least two of every piece but one, which I have none of), so if anyone wants a nearly free map, send me a Neomail (thelonetiel) and I'll put it in trades for you. :) They are cheap enough it doesn't matter enough for me to sell, but it'll save someone else effort.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah i have a bunch of pieces, too (incomplete, but hey). I can put them up in trade lots in case anyone wants a good deal on them.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

You can get all the Pirate Morphing Potions from the Chest as well which is why they're a nice 40k, maybe the Paint Brush too.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Does anyone know what a Gelert TP goes for these days? I can't find one priced in trades or auctions. (I'm not sure if rediscovering mine is an achievement or a woe yet... bought it for a couple hundred k I think.)
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

I received an Aisha Transmogrification Potion yesterday from Sloth. Yay for an easy 150K!