Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I wonder what is up with Aboogalas. Mine still won't attach after 2 years or so. But I've seen them attached, so they work - theoretically.

And MM, that's crazy, but I'm glad it didn't take long to resolve!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

HELT is at 68, BTW.

The downside is I'm not at 500k stocks anymore. The upside is that, after the last two days, I just deposited a million NP in the bank...
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I'm a paid up member of the anti-petpetpet club, too - I've been trying to attach an Itchi for at least a year now, with it in the inventory the whole time. Mrr. I'd have better luck attaching a horse to a magnet.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Jazzy wrote:I'd have better luck attaching a horse to a magnet.
Well, yes, you would. Not exactly hard...
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I was actually thinking of the Westbury Horse, which is 180 foot high and made out of concrete.

*shifty eyes*

(No, you can't just encase the magnet in concrete.)
EofS

Post by EofS »

Jazzy wrote:(No, you can't just encase the magnet in concrete.)
Pritt-stick?

You know, my cousin had been puzzling for months over some research he was doing about non-ferrous magnets. After one night when I visited and turned his brain all round in knots, he went into work the next day and cracked the problem.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I just bought myself a lupe transmog and a spotted paint brush (when my namesake lab pet hits 200 strength or so, I'll turn her into a cute spotted lupe and start zapping somebody else). When the hell did transmogs and (relatively) basic PBs get so expensive? The transmog cost me around 650k and the PB just about 900k. I know it's been a long time since I last painted a pet, but I don't remember paying nearly that much. Seriously, you know it's bad when a plain(ish) PB is over the 800k trading post limit and you have to either make the difference up in items or go to auctions!

(I think I've been playing way too long. I recall that in my early days, I changed my then-lupe's color quite often -- I'd zap him for a while, turn him back into a lupe via transmog and then switch between white and Tyrannian as the mood struck. That would cost a small fortune now. Hell, a plain old white PB now sells for 700k!)
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Cranberry, I believe it's actually that Lupe that made the spotted brush jump so high xD Before then it was still relatively cheap.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Haha, figures. It's a really nice color! And it's not a big deal, I guess... I'm not saving up for anything at this point.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Doubled my profit by selling my CYBU shares - they're at around 72 at the moment. DROO have gone up +2 to 17 each so I nabbed some of them too.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

champagnesoup wrote:Doubled my profit by selling my CYBU shares - they're at around 72 at the moment. DROO have gone up +2 to 17 each so I nabbed some of them too.
Wow, did CYBU really jump that much? *boggles* It's at 31 right now and doesn't seem to have moved much since last night.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Yep - I was gobsmacked myself! It was definitely a nice surprise when I did my dailies, as I'm a newbie when it comes to the stock market.
kaisuopai

Post by kaisuopai »

I now have two Island pets within a week of one another because the Lab Ray wanted to be helpful. The Shoyru's pretty cool, but the Bori looks awesome, although I'm now running out of pets to Lab because they're so pretty that I don't know if I should keep zapping them ;_;
Let us go then, you and I,
When the evening is spread out against the sky
Like a patient etherised upon a table...
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Hmm, my lab rat got zapped Island a couple of days ago too. Just coincidence, or is something afoot? Anyone else noticed a rise in Island zaps recently?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Nothing here - I have been getting a higher number of colour zaps than usual, but no Island. I've only had one post-customisation Island zap, based on what I have in my closet, and that must have been ages ago because I'd honestly forgotten the Island Eyrie existed. I've been getting quite a lot of Desert pets, if anything.