Neuro Galaxy

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: Neuro Galaxy

Post by Cranberry »

mellaka wrote:I joined the site as aud. It sounds interesting from what everyone has said here but, honestly, I didn't stick around very long because I couldn't stand the random snowfall or whatever it is floating all over the page. It made me want to leave and not come back, though I will check it out again in the hopes that it is not always like that.
It's a site event -- sometimes a bigger, faster snowflake will fall and if you click it, you get starcoins, and you also get item prizes after every few. I'm really enjoying it, actually -- I'm up around 100 snowflakes. It's all over on January 3, though, so maybe you'll enjoy the site more then. :)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Either the snowflake thing doesn't work in Chrome or I'm just incredibly unlucky. I never saw one of the mythical bigger snowflakes.
Image Image
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

I use Chrome. They're hard to spot at first, but once you finally figure out what to look for, it becomes a lot easier. They're not much bigger (they're actually equal in size to the bigger normal ones) and they fall faster. If you don't see one on a page, you'll need to refresh, because waiting won't work. If you do see one, it doesn't matter if you catch it on the first fall, as it will fall over and over until you navigate away. :)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Ah, well, when it comes down to it, any option that comes down to "_____ or I'm unlucky"--it's always that I'm unlucky. ^_~

edit: The biggest, fastest, most erratic snowflakes I see are actually more like stars (or really, the kanji for big), and I can't click on them. *headdesk* I'll stare some more.

edit edit: Never mind, they're pretty obvious. Not huge, but definitely fast. I can't click on it, but there it is! ;P
Image Image
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Cranberry wrote:
mellaka wrote:I joined the site as aud. It sounds interesting from what everyone has said here but, honestly, I didn't stick around very long because I couldn't stand the random snowfall or whatever it is floating all over the page. It made me want to leave and not come back, though I will check it out again in the hopes that it is not always like that.
It's a site event -- sometimes a bigger, faster snowflake will fall and if you click it, you get starcoins, and you also get item prizes after every few. I'm really enjoying it, actually -- I'm up around 100 snowflakes. It's all over on January 3, though, so maybe you'll enjoy the site more then. :)
Thanks for explaining - that makes it less annoying to me. I guess I should've tried to find an explanation about it somewhere before complaining, but I just really found it too annoying/distracting to wander around much that night.

And, I think I found one of the ones you were talking about, but it didn't seem clickable in Opera. Oh well.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

There's now a list of Icklepets to go along with the lists of pet colors, weapons and clothing. This is great, but I'm hoping that once Keith's company buys the site and it gets more popular, someone will start a real help site. And that there will be more than 15 or so people online at a time, so that better stuff will restock. :P

Also, the devolved Fweese was released (actually, revamped, I think) today, and it's adorable. I'm gonna need one of those. It comes in all basic colors; here are a few.

ImageImageImage
Last edited by Cranberry on 06 Jan 2010 06:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I don't get what could be going on with its skull, especially around the eyes. Hm.

Haha... on that list of icklepets, they got tired of adding the names, I guess.
Image Image
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Am I the only one from here who still plays NG? They entirely changed their battle system a while back, and while at first I was annoyed (I had a good pet and good weapons), now I really like it. It's no longer weapon-based; instead, your pet earns experience and skills as you roam around and fight more monsters. It's more like Pokemon's system (except without the capturing). They also really improved the roam system and added new locations. It's so different from all the other petsites I've tried, and the only one (besides Neo/Subeta) that I've stuck with.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I tried it last night because, you know, bored. It didn't exactly help. Roam is so slow, and yet, even while paying attention, I missed some roadside event. Sheesh. It's better than it was--my pet even won a fight! one single fight out of three, but it won one! wow!--but it's still not really a draw to me. Today I logged in again (and I see they still haven't fixed the logs-you-out-after-a-brief-period thing?) because of the giveaway, but even that is on the verge of terrible. It's super sluggish because of the giveaway--obviously they were totally prepared for new users, eh--and while I don't mind the finite items thing, I do mind that it's constantly empty, and if you see items, you have to pick one of those or wait half an hour. Something like that. I can't get it to load to even look at its rules now. There is just not enough to do on that site for half an hour, except to wait for something to happen while you're roaming.

I still like the concepts, and I'm frustrated that I find it so deadly slow and boring. They did fix quite a few of the concerns I had originally (I like their roaming FAQ and found it helpful), but... it needs more.
Image Image
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

It's normally very fast! It's just that normally there are 15-30 people online, not 300+, haha. I don't think they were prepared for that many people to show up at once. Keith has fixed it a bit so now it's just slow, but not awful. It should be better once Subeta's back.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Yeah, I understand. And years of playing on Subeta have prepared me very well to expect anything new and remotely interesting to be slow as hell. Still doesn't mean I love it, heh.
Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

The items are sorta winning me over - there are some pretty adorable ones, and that's the thing that always ends up hooking me on a pet site - but it's just wayyyyy too slow and boring. It's like an even slower, less eventful Subeta. As it is, I have trouble reasoning with myself about why I keep trying to get to Broken Subeta today; once it comes back up, I'll just click around and then leave out of boredom.

I made two pets, though, and wish there was a wishlist feature so I could add some of these items to it:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

There is a wishlist feature. :) You can access it from your profile -- just click on "view her wishlist" in the grey info box and from there you click on "edit your wishlist." (One of my only real complaints about the site is that some of the navigation's still not intuitive, that being an example. Navigation in general has improved since I joined, though.)

There's not a whole lot to do on NG if you don't roam and battle, I guess. I spent quite a bit of time there building up my pet. I also like dressing my mercenary, especially now that they have a good selection of clothes. I just think it's a cute site and I like how they've gone a different route with their "mall" and their battle system. The site has a lot of potential, I think, and I'd like to see it grow.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Now that apparently the giveaway is over, the site is a little bit faster, so I bought some wardrobe items. Now I'm out of money. How do you make money? If you say "restocking," man, I am out. Heh. (I do really like that you can set prices on the quickstock page, apparently--I just can't do restocking again.)
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I made a decent chunk of change today doing Mystika Quests. She gives you 3000-4000 SC pet item, so as long as you keep your spending under that you should be fine. You can only do five quests a day, though.

I actually made an account last year...ish, but only logged back in today after Keith's prodding and I am loving this roaming option. Battles here seem a lot more fluid than they do on Subeta, though I'm not sure I could pinpoint why.