Pokemon Generation V Thread/Discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Madge

Re: Pokemon Generation V Thread/Discussion

Post by Madge »

But when you entered their world dressed as a pokemon, did you appear as a ratatta?
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I haven't tried that one yet. I might end up too top percentile and break the game :D
Madge

Post by Madge »

You know that a source-diver actually found out that Joey's Rattata has 31 for all IVs, right? So it actually IS the top percentage of all Rattata.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

So after watching everyone talk about Nuzlocke runs, I booted up my old FireRed and started one of my own.

1. Lava the Charmander killed the first Pidgey he saw with a critical hit, meaning no Pokes for me on route 2. :x
2. Moose the Rattata died due to a critical hit from a freaking Weedle. :? :x
3. Screech the Zubat died due to a critical hit from another Zubat. :x :x :x

This left me with a Charmeleon, BEEDRILL WTF, and Mankey to take on the Cerulean gym.

Needless to say, I RAGEquit before I even finished Mt. Moon. How the hell can anyone tolerate playing that way is beyond me.

[Part of me wants to try again when the RAGE is over.]
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

http://www.pokemon.com/us/fun-zone/onli ... okemon_fg/

You can get one of the seven Eeveelutions, the dream world one, so they have different abilities than the in game ones. I got Vaporeon. The trick to getting the one you want is just getting more of the orbs of the typing you want. The first levels just have Jolteon, Vaporeon, and Flareon, its not till the last level that you get the others.
Image Image
ImageImage
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Yanno, I've been trying to get that stupid game to work all night. It doesn't like my firefox or IE, so I dunno what to try.

And I did know about Joey's rattata having max IVs, and it is awesome. No wonder he keeps calling you about it!
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Clover ----- Monkshood ----- Dandelion ----- Thistle ----- Marigold ----- Bramble

Remember how I said my crocodile and bizarre flying thingie were only temporary members? Yeah, that totally happened. Anyway, last Wednesday I went through the E4, and Thursday I got through N's Castle. Does he ever show up again? He's so cute I just wanna snuggle him. :> But all my pokemon were level 50-52. Then Marshal OHKOd Marigold with a fighting move. Clover is a force to recon with. I seem to remember her taking down a good chunk of the E4's pokemon.

And I just evolved Monkshood last night. I was so happy. Also, currently level grinding all my pokemon. Lucky egg + audinos is the best training method ever. I was a bit dumbfounded when all trainers' pokemon levels jumped to 65 or thereabouts, so I've restricted myself to training in an isolated patch on R13 so I don't run into battles I can't handle.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

TCStarwind wrote:I was a bit dumbfounded when all trainers' pokemon levels jumped to 65 or thereabouts, so I've restricted myself to training in an isolated patch on R13 so I don't run into battles I can't handle.
I was thrown for a loop by that as well. My level-46-ish team are just about holding their own, but I daren't go out on the road beyond what I've already explored! Does anyone know where I'm supposed to be training now? Surely I'm not meant to be working with a twenty-level gap?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Beat the Elite Four, fuck yeahhhh~
Spoiler: open/close
Also beat N and Ghetsis with little difficulty. It did take a couple of tries to bring down Ghetsis as his flying dragon thing (I forget its name) was a complete a-hole.

Also found it rather annoying that you couldn't check the nature of your Zekrom/Reshiram unless you purposefully lost to N and got sent back to the PokeCentre. I ended up with a Quirky natured Zekrom but to be honest, I don't know why I care. I'm not going to use him anyway!
Current team:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Yamato the Serperior ♂ ~ Lvl 55
Konan the Excadrill ♀ ~ Lvl 55
V the Carracosta ♀ ~ Lvl 55
Wren the Darmanitan ♂ ~ Lvl 55
Majesty the Rufflet ♂ ~ Lvl 48
Nana the Mienshao ♀ ~ Lvl 55
EGG!

Yeah, I never explored that surf route until now so I sweeped all the trainers with level 35ish Pokemon (lol) and got the egg. I think I know what's in it but don't think it'll make it into my team.

Regretfully, I've ditched Mikael the Emolga (even though it's SO SCHWEET) because not having 'Fly' on my team was just too damn annoying. I've picked a Rufflet for my flying type over some of the more interesting flying types simply because Braviary looks shitting badass. I like to imagine it clawing the eyes out of unsuspecting Audino, ripping out its entrails, throwing its head back and screeching dramatically with triumph afterwards.
Next to be elbowed is probably going to be Konan the Excadrill. I've grown a little bored of her and I'm thinking of employing a Ground/Electric type for more coverage. I also have an urge to revive Vanillish and evolve it into Vanilluxe just because it's an ice cream pokemon. Crazy.

Oh and put me down on the list for those who were flummoxed by the sudden jump in trainer/pokemon levels. Level 65 Croagunk? Jeez. Guess I'll be Audino grinding for quite a while!

God, I feel like such a huge nerd.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Goldenchaos wrote:http://www.pokemon.com/us/fun-zone/onli ... okemon_fg/

You can get one of the seven Eeveelutions, the dream world one, so they have different abilities than the in game ones. I got Vaporeon. The trick to getting the one you want is just getting more of the orbs of the typing you want. The first levels just have Jolteon, Vaporeon, and Flareon, its not till the last level that you get the others.
I'm too stupid at Breakout. Do I need to make it through all the levels, collecting the right orbs, to get an eeveelution? How many levels are there? I keep dying because I go "AAAH THAT IS THE RIGHT ORB" and dropping the ball, but I'm just plain bad at Breakout so I might never make it through a level anyway.

belated edit: Public complaining FTW, but it's still sad for Ty, because there are only 4 levels and she is just plain terrible at Breakout. ;)
Image Image
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Fury wrote:Beat the Elite Four, fuck yeahhhh~
Also beat N and Ghetsis with little difficulty. It did take a couple of tries to bring down Ghetsis as his flying dragon thing (I forget its name) was a complete a-hole.

Also found it rather annoying that you couldn't check the nature of your Zekrom/Reshiram unless you purposefully lost to N and got sent back to the PokeCentre. I ended up with a Quirky natured Zekrom but to be honest, I don't know why I care. I'm not going to use him anyway!
I resorted to consulting Serebii's nature/base stat chart to figure it out by looking at the stats. Lo and behold, I was correct, as it turned out that the 30th time I caught Zekrom, it had a Lonely nature. Took me a while, though. x.x;;
Yeah, the massive level jump...I think it's because of how the EXP system works now. I've had a Pokemon 20 levels lower beat a LV60-something Pokemon and it received around 8000 EXP (o.O), so...

I got my sorry ass handed to me by a Veteran in Challenger's Cave that had six Pokemon...the first of which was a bloody Gyarados. |D;; The second was a Snorlax, and that's how I obtained one of my few Total Party Kills in the entire game.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Silverevilchao wrote:
I resorted to consulting Serebii's nature/base stat chart to figure it out by looking at the stats. Lo and behold, I was correct, as it turned out that the 30th time I caught Zekrom, it had a Lonely nature. Took me a while, though. x.x;;
Yeah, the massive level jump...I think it's because of how the EXP system works now. I've had a Pokemon 20 levels lower beat a LV60-something Pokemon and it received around 8000 EXP (o.O), so...

I got my sorry ass handed to me by a Veteran in Challenger's Cave that had six Pokemon...the first of which was a bloody Gyarados. |D;; The second was a Snorlax, and that's how I obtained one of my few Total Party Kills in the entire game.
Haha, well done! Soft resetting is a major pain and 30 tries is rather a lot.

Thanks for the heads up about the tough challenger. I will be making sure that all my pokes are well levelled before I head off down that route.

Konan the Excadrill has officially been ditched. I've just spent over an hour searching for a Modest/Timid Joltik with CompoundEyes and after catching about 20 of them, I finally have one! She has a Modest nature.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Yamato ~ Rin ~ V ~ Wren ~ Majesty ~ Nana

My egg hatched!
Larvesta is actually rather cute and Volcarona looks like it would set you on fire if you looked at it the wrong way but I'm rather attached to my Darmanitan!
Madge

Post by Madge »

My pokemans are about level 48! I just beat the Elite 4. I caught Reshiram with one quick ball. My first ball. I couldn't friggin' believe it, I was dreading the whole capturing thing. And ONE QUICK BALL :D :D :D

Anyway, here's my Hall Of Fame team (even though there's no Hall of Fame apparently?)

Rebecca ~ Taslima ~ Eugenie ~ George ~ Douglas ~ Jamy Ian

I also have a Deino called Neil who I hatched from an egg. I was trying to find some good IVs/Natures or something. Neil's about level 40 now. Thinking of replacing my Krookodile with him to reduce my grass weaknesses, since I *do* badly need a fire type. But not sure =/
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I caught Zekrom really fast, too, both times I tried; I think they must have given it a nice capture rate because we're, like, destined to capture them, or something something something.
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Apparently the catch rate is 45, pretty nice. The same as a Farfetch'd or Kricketune, for some reference. I actually didn't have much trouble with any of the musketeer trio either, even though they have the same catch rate as other legendaries.

So for an update that isn't about top percentage Rattatas, I beat the main story over spring break and have been wandering around doing post game stuff. Been looking for the old dudes, I'm still missing one and it's annoying. I'm hoping he's somewhere on the part of the map I haven't explored yet, or else I'm stumped. The level jump is annoying, I was only level 50 when I took on the E4 and all that, which was a very bad idea as I barely made it through the last battles and I hate Caitlin with a burning passion. But just wandering the map a couple times has gotten me up to 55, where I can now handle all the high leveled trainers. I caught Volcarona, and I hate it. It was satisfying to kill it a couple of times while trying to capture it. Stupid moths.

So for a picture-ish version of my final team:
- - - Shandy - - - - - - Kelsier - - - - - - Vivenna - - - - - - - - Vin - - - - - - - - Tinker - - - - - - Robb - - -

I didn't realize Braviary was so freaking huge until I evolved Robb. It still shocks me sometimes. Also, Reshiram/Zekrom have the best themes in the entire universe.