Humble Indie Bundle #2: Free if you're poor!

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Humble Indie Bundle #2: Free if you're poor!

Post by Huggles »

http://www.humblebundle.com/

The games are available for Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. They should all work no matter how old or crappy your computer is. You can chose to pay whatever you want for the package of 5 games, including $0.00. You can also determine how much money is sent to whomever. Either to the developers of each game, the folks running the bundle, or to two charities.There's no reason for you not to get this unless you are physically incapable of doing so and it's only going to be up for another 5 days. There's a preview trailer of the games on site, and a play through can be found here. I bought the original bundle for World of Goo and Aquaria, both of which are awesome. And while I've heard great things about Braid, I haven't played it nor any of the rest yet. After my final exam, I'm going to spend my Christmas break playing these to distract myself from my lack of new computer funds.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Re: Humble Indie Bundle #2: Free if you're poor!

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I've played the Braid demo before, and that alone made me want to tear my hair out after half an hour. I'm just not very good with puzzle platforms. :P

I bought the first bundle and ended up not playing much of it at all (damn lack of free time), so I'm hesitant to download this bundle, but I think these guys do good work. The opportunity to donate to Child's Play is a great bonus IMO. *inconspicuously prods signature*
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Thanks so much for posting about this, Huggles. I didn't buy last year's, but I did buy this year's--for, you know, a dollar, because I'm poor--and they sent me last year's bundle today! I am pretty happy, I have to say. =)
Image Image
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I think the bundle's worth it for Machinarium alone, but I'm very disappointed that I can't get Braid to run; it crashes every time I click past the settings screen.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Jazzy wrote:I think the bundle's worth it for Machinarium alone
Really? *plays the demo*

*Grabs her credit card*
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I've played a bit of them all, except for Braid. I've heard that machinarium is great. What people failed to tell me is that it's one of those point and click sequential story games. I hate those. HATE. I simply don't have the same logic as the designers inevitably use to create the puzzles. Instead of feeling smart for figuring it out, I feel angry at the people who made it. They always feel too much like trying to guess someone's password by hand. Of course it's easy for you to remember that it's the first 3 letters of your favorite food, color, and song, interspersed with the number of times you've said damn each month.

Bleurgh. Ranting aside, I did at least play it for a little while despite my loathing for the play style. The art itself is very pretty.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Yeah - I'll warn people that it's quite short, though. It ended rather abruptly, which I wasn't so happy with!
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

There's a new bundle up. The main attraction in this one is Trine. I've only played it for about 10 minutes, but it runs slow on my pc. That probably because I started it up in 1440x900 instead of 1024x768. Still, very pretty and interesting mechanics. And I've yet to have the time to finish any of the other games I've gotten from the previous bundles. Stupid school trying to teach me stuff and things.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

This bundle isn't free, though. You have to donate at least a little. (Why no, I didn't try paying $0 like a cheapskate.)
Image Image
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

A small warning to anyone thinking about downloading this bundle: the system requirements, at least on OSX, are significantly higher than the last one, so make sure the games will actually run before you download :)