Nintendo 3DS

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Elucifer

Re: Nintendo 3DS

Post by Elucifer »

I've tried it out an hour ago, and I must say, the 3D bothers my eyes. I'll get used to it, but I'll keep it down for awhile. Otherwise, the depth it gives is amazing.

I've been playing with my new husky puppy, Luke, on the Nintendogs game. He's plump for his physique though. =(
But it's great that I can walk him one right after another, rather than wait 30 minutes.
But earning money is a bit tough right now. x.x
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I was able to check it out at gamestop while on a quest for manga the other day, and I'm quite impressed. If this what 3D movies look like for everyone, I finally get it. Too bad I can't afford one, I want a PS3 first.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

The Gamestop in my current town didn't have any on display at all. Why they don't all have one on display is beyond me - i'd think it would encourage more people if they could see what they're getting. There was an employee at the Gamestop the next town over who brought his to the store so potential buyers could check it out. He had a nifty dog music video, forget what it was, but it gave a good demo of the 3-D. His was the black/graphite/steel color.

Then i went to Target, and they had one on play-display with an airplane game, kind-of fun. It was the "blue" color - too green for me, so thankfully that will not be a troublesome factor - there's a certain range of turquoise/teal blues that i can't resist when it comes to buying things i honestly don't need.

So yeah, nifty, but i won't feel the urge to buy one...unless they come out with a kickin' 3-D version of Audiosurf or something of that nature.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I'm not getting one for a while. No money, and the only game I'm really stoked for is an enhanced port of a DS game (Devil Survivor Overclocked), with the sequel to said game coming out on the original DS anyway.

Plus, DS games look blurrier on it for some reason (as I tried out my Pokemon Black on a friend's), and while I'm sure that's something that can be fixed with a software update, it still disappointed me.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I'm going to hope for at least a 50 dollar price drop before I think of getting a 3DS. I just don't have the disposable income to drop 250 all at once on a gaming system. Do want Nintendogs and the Zelda title, for sure. I suppose it does defeat the purpose of having a 3D system if I'm planning on turning it of most of the time anyway, but I do play more for content than gimmicks anyway. Give me bad graphics even, but so long as the gameplay is good and the characters and/or storyline is dynamic I'm a happy camper.

Speaking of Okamiden, I borrowed that from the library and played through it. Pretty cute little game, even if I hadn't played through the original. Kind of felt like playing a gamecube game as far as length and graphics go. Puzzles were too easy for my tastes, but that seems to often be the way of handheld games.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Xelio wrote:Speaking of Okamiden, I borrowed that from the library and played through it. Pretty cute little game, even if I hadn't played through the original. Kind of felt like playing a gamecube game as far as length and graphics go. Puzzles were too easy for my tastes, but that seems to often be the way of handheld games.
Nah, puzzles were pretty easy in the original on the PS2, too. From what I've heard, the game channels a LOT from the first game. xD I technically have the game, except that the stupid University seems to have lost my package.