Meteor Games: Serf Wars

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Meteor Games: Serf Wars

Post by mellaka »

I wasn't sure whether to post in one of the old Meteor Games threads or what, but decided to make a new topic. I don't know how interested people here are in Facebook games, but MG's new Serf Wars seems to have some potential. I was part of an invite-only alpha stage and it's now in open beta. They have also mentioned having it available off FB in the future, but are vague on when.

There isn't a whole lot to do right now beyond playing some of their mini games to earn exp and coins to build your kingdom. Witchery 101, Legends of Laundry and a new frog-based version of Salabouncing/Ninja Squirrel are all there, along with some others. You can build an army and send it to go fight your neighbors and you also have a little serf person to do small tasks around your kingdom.

From a post from Adam back in February, here is what they have planned for the future:
Coming up soon is our "Living Kingdom" system. Our aim for the game was to always have the units (peasants/serfs, soldiers, skeletons etc.) walking around the kingdom. We just haven't got all the animations done yet Soon you'll see your actual characters walking around and following the roads. We're going to add things to click on - so your peasants will go put out fires, rescue cats from trees, and find treasure. Also we're going to add quick battles. An evil bandit may appear at the side of your kingdom and you'll have to send your soldier off to take care of him.

After that we're working on our World Map. Your kingdom is at the centre of a large world filled with quests and adventure, and you'll be able to send your squads to places like Simalcrum Valley, filled with angry golems, an academy of dark mages and an abandoned theme park full of mad goblins. Completing quests at these locations will give you xp, gold and allow you to level up your units.

We're also going to allow you to equip your units with items - both permanent (sword, shield, armour), and temporary (healing potions, and resurrection scrolls). You'll be able to build a forge to combine resources to create these items (with unlockable recipes.) The big change to combat, however, is to actually see your units fighting - we're very excited about that one, more news soon.

We've got more minigames planned and of course lots more achievements, including a load of hidden achievements for your kingdom.
Like I said, there's not much to do now, but it sounds like it might be really cool if it catches on and they actually develop it. I am enjoying playing their mini games again.

Edit: Here are some of the cool things they're working on. There's more info here

combat units
Spoiler: open/close

training grounds for your army:
other characters
other towns to visit

I think these all look pretty cool ^^