Pokemon Black & White 2

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Fury

Pokemon Black & White 2

Post by Fury »

So, who else is excited for these sequels?!

Information:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... Versions_2

Gameplay Video:
http://www.youtube.com/user/CyberAceGam ... e8mJvJ2Ts8

The boy and girl character have received a really great, updated look and the sprites in-game too. There have been some cool changes (see the links above) including a larger PokeDex of 300 available right from the beginning.

I really want to restart my White version (again) but I should wait until this comes out so it feels fresh and exciting. Let's see how well that goes...
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: Pokemon Black & White 2

Post by Joey »

Have I mentioned how annoyed I am that I had to leave Japan five days before these things came out there? Cause seriously!

There's also a badass anime style trailer for the games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKmY7tN- ... F610A7A03A It's in English somewhere too.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Here's the English-dubbed trailer.

I preordered Black 2 almost as soon as Amazon had it up on their site. I'm running a Platinum Nuzlocke in the meantime to keep me occupied.

I think I'm going to use Snivy as my starter this time. I didn't have great luck with Tepig, and I've already beaten story mode with Oshawott's evolution.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Joey that sucks! Are you fluent enough in Japanese to play through the game? That's really cool if so!

I'm going to start with Tepig this time round as I've chosen Snivy and Oshawott before. I can't wait, it's quite sad really.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

When the games came out, I would have been. After a summer of slacking off and not studying, probably would be a bit more difficult xD

I might start with Tepig, but I'm still kind of mad about the whole Fire/Fighting thing. My plan is to train a team of pokemon with mustaches :D
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

There's a U.S. (also Canada?) Gamestop giveaway of Keldeo, as a promo for Black 2/White 2, but you need the first Black/White game(s) to get it. The giveaway goes until October 6. If you go pick one up, make sure to teach it Secret Sword in Black 2/White 2 for its other form.
Image Image
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Heh, I just came here to start a topic about this! I am definitely looking forward to it. :D I loved Black and White - I feel like they were solid steps forward for the franchise, with lots of small changes resulting in a really positive direction. And the fact we're getting sequels as opposed to direct remakes is great. I've done a Heartgold Nuzlocke over the Summer (my first) to keep me occupied, which went surprisingly well (despite a 'no items' clause we just about squeaked through the Elite Four) and am now preparing for the league on a Platinum Nuzlocke which has had a few more casualties... so I'm on a pokemon high at the moment!

In terms of the game, I'm not really sure what I'm planning to use. I'm thinking about not using a starter for the first time ever. I played through with Oshawott on White and have tried Snivy, but was really unimpressed. Tepig doesn't interest me at all either. With the breadth of interesting pokemon available so soon after starting, I think I might go for something a bit different!
Subeta: Thomas
Fury

Post by Fury »

Has anybody started their game yet?

I'm trying to hold off until I get paid next week until I buy it. I've also got art to prepare for an upcoming Craft Fair and I know buying this will cut off my creativeness as all I'll want to do is play!
Madge

Post by Madge »

I walked past it at the shops yesterday and almost bought it. I'm beginning to think maybe I should have =/
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

I started last Sunday, but I haven't had a lot of time to play because pumpkins. And I had to go and breed my team since about half aren't available this gen. So I'm only just past the first gym.

The good news is my team is gonna be awesome: Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Fury

Post by Fury »

Well I completely caved in yesterday and bought the game. I was absolutely right; I've done no preperation for the Craft Fair (which was my intention this weekend) but have, instead, played this for hours and have had a lot of fun so far.

I've just beaten Burgh in Castelia - his gym threw me when I went in as I was expecting Ground match-ups, I'd completely forgotten they'd shaken all the gym types up this time round - and am currently catching more monsters and training my team in the desert resort. So far I have:

ImageImageImageImage

Hiruzen the Pignite (Jolly Male) ~ Koga the Whirlipede (Impish Male) ~ Okoi the Sandshrew (Lax Female) ~ Lucario (Adamant Male)

Lucario is not a permanent member although I was lucky that the first one I caught had an Adamant nature! If Pignite wasn't a fighting type also then I would keep him but there's too much of a Flying weakness on my team at the moment.
I've just caught the Sandshrew and am considering adding a Yamask from the Desert Resort.

I'm very impressed with the game so far, I love the updated sprites and new characters. The addition of so many more Pokemon available in Unova is fantastic. All games should be like this from now on.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I just beat the Elite Four and the Champion :) I put a lot more effort into this game then the other versions I've played, catching probably double the amount of pokemon I ever have before. I caught 86 pokemon, whereas before I don't ever think I managed much past one box worth.
My team this time around consisted of:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

I had a Lucario around for awhile until I replaced it with the Virizion. And Samurott has a stupid sprite when you battle with him. Such a huge head thing!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

If i can figure out where in the depth of moving boxes my DSi is hidden, i'd be tempted to get this game.

I also wish i could find a book that has a good Pokédex for it. I'm a pook and like to have guides so i don't lose interest a quarter of the way in...and to know where i might possibly find the most elusive creatures. I also compare the different ones by which creatures are available in each one. If one i like is missing from a version, i'll buy another one instead.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

For the latter part, Fjorab, you can look through selebii's list: http://serebii.net/black2white2/exclusives.shtml

There's also a couple decent, well-organized walkthroughs up on gamefaqs. I got "stuck" once (turned out I was right in where to go, but I thought the wording was ambiguous) and they helped me. I also always like seeing the list of areas and things to do that open up after the Elite Four. =)
Image Image
Fury

Post by Fury »

This game is the balls

I always get so into Pokemon games and find it hard to stop playing. So far my team is:

ImageImageImageImageImage

Hiruzen - Koga - Okoi - Foo - Tenzen

I'm currently training them all up to Level 32-33 before I battle Burgh in Driftveil.