Pokemon X/Y

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Re: Pokemon Generation VI predictions/desires

Post by Silverevilchao »

Par for the course, unfortunately. All of Game Freak's first games on new consoles had fun little bugs. Gen I had....everything, Gen III had the IV issues with roaming 'mons and the Berry Glitch, Gen IV was hideously slow and had the Tweaking and Acid Rain glitches....

Interesting that it's a save glitch this time, though. It's probably because they apparently changed the save process this time around? I don't have the game yet (Friday whoooo), but my friends tell me that saving takes like half a second now. Is that true?

Poke Miles is for Dream World, right? Doesn't surprise me...buggy as heeeeeeell :S
Madge

Post by Madge »

Yep, saving takes like a second! It's pretty neat.

Also, the pokemon-amie feature gives pokemon with lots of hearts abilities like enduring hard hits on 1hp, boosted XP, and other stuff. So the pokemon-amie thing is definitely osmething you might want to look into maybe?
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Madge wrote:Yep, saving takes like a second! It's pretty neat.

Also, the pokemon-amie feature gives pokemon with lots of hearts abilities like enduring hard hits on 1hp, boosted XP, and other stuff. So the pokemon-amie thing is definitely osmething you might want to look into maybe?
Pokemon-Amie is honestly one of the biggest things I'm looking forward to. Makes everything feel more real. When I was a kid, I'd always imagine doing things with my Pokemon, like walking around the neighborhood with them or whatever...this really seems to bring that in, hahahaha.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I'm excited about it but really wish you could get the benefits without having to do the work. The only way to up the "amie" points is by feeding them treats and rubbing their heads or whatever. I wish it was like happiness and it got increased from walking and winning battles. I know that it's kinda missing the point though :-P
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I'm not quite sure what do to with pokemon-amie. Like I'm trying to play this generation as fresh as I can so I am resisting just looking up everything online. So I'm doing a lot of clueless wandering, which is fun! But I don't think I'm doing the pokemon-amie thing right, as I got into this one battle and it said my Fennekin wasn't looking to good or something and then it ended up paralyzed for no apparent reason? And it's never happened with my other pokemon and Fennekin's the only one I've been pokemon-amie-ing with. So confused!
Madge

Post by Madge »

My understanding of pokemon amie efficiency is to do this:

1) Rub your pokemon until it stops giving hearts and starts giving the black musical note
2) Feed it cake (hold the cake in its face and let it eat it, don't drop it) until it refuses
3) Play "Head It" to get new cakes and recharge the fullness and rubbing timers
4) GOTO1
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The Poke Miles thing turned out not to be a glitch, but they don't give much info on it, for sure. (It put them in game sync online instead of letting me keep them in my game. I don't think I changed that setting from default, but I wouldn't put it past me to accidentally do that.)

Regarding Madge's last post about Amie--just substitute a game you like for step 3 if you are very bad at Head It, which I am. But I love the flip puzzles. Just wish there were more settings for the pictures.

Also, I never did Amie with my Fletchinder; I only have her for hatching eggs (flame body woo!). But she has 1 affection heart. Are we suuuuure you can only Amie for affection? All I do with her is walk around.
Image Image
Madge

Post by Madge »

I don't know! None of my pokemon have hearts but maybe that's because I've only played about 11 hours?
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Wait where is everyone finding these hearts? o_O
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

In Pokemon Amie, click to interact with them, but choose "switch" and click on each Pokemon in your party. The hearts are their affection level; obviously, 5 is max.
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Oh thanks. I completely missed that since I hadn't tried switching yet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Also, Griffin--did you see that they proved that the black dots are goomy's eyes? They squeeze shut in happiness when you pet a goomy.
Image Image
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Wow, I'm glad to hear that ^_^ now it's officially one of my favorites. The rest of the X/Y Pokes range from "ok" to "wtf" for me.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Is there any benefit to sitting on things? Like will it heal your pokemon over time if you sit for awhile? Or is it just for fun?
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Apologies for the double post, but they have added the update for the Lumiose save bug in the e-shop.