Pokemon X/Y

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Fury

Re: Pokemon Generation VI predictions/desires

Post by Fury »

Slugawoo wrote: Another change I would like to see is the exp. gain from battling going back to the way it was before 5th gen. I don't know if they changed in B/W 2 or not, but seriously, level grinding in B/W was torture. Even levelling by hunting Audinos wasn't all that effective once your Pokémon reached a certain level.
It's interesting you say that as I found level grinding in Black/White the most enjoyable out of all the Pokemon games. Coupled with a Lucky Egg and Audinos, I found I was gaining levels at a speed that wasn't tedious as it was in previous generations.

A lot of the 5th Gen Pokemon have grown on me and I'm sure the 6th Gen will go the same way. There were some pretty awful creatures introduced (Trubbish/Garbodor) which I am still convinced were created as a joke and then amazingly got accepted when shown to the head of the department but even so, I am excited to see a new range of Pokemon!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

This is a belated defense, but I really like Garbodor. It reminds me of a muppet. (I don't care for its stats much, or for pure poison types. But I like the pokemon itself.)
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I think posting in this thread is relevant now. Tumblr has just alerted me to new pokemon games: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, the start of the 6th! gen. They'll be on the 3DS (battles in 3d?!), with a worldwide release in October, I guess.

Here's a commercial with some game footage.
Tumblr post with pictures of the new starters.
Tumblr post with the new legendaries.

Serebii also has a news post with pretty much the same information.

I love the new fire starter. I guess I'm just kinda shocked that a new generation is coming out so soon (it's not April Fool's is it?). My prediction was totally wrong. XD
Madge

Post by Madge »

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I wonder if there's only 5 new pokemon, and the rest are old?
TCStarwind

Post by TCStarwind »

I don't know..? That's kinda what is looks like, but maybe some others will show up. Or they could just be hiding them until the release so that we're all properly surprised.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Probably the best part is that everyone is getting it at once!
But darn it, now I have to buy a 3DS just so I can play this game.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

When I watched the video it didn't even occur to me that those three Pokemon were starters. The style of Pokemon really has changed with the last installment or two. Or maybe it's because the Grass type isn't a reptile and the Fire doesn't appear to be dual Fighting. Have to give them some credit for that.

But anyway, the new game looks great! Unlike B/W2 I'm excited for this, it finally looks like a departure from the same-old. Not that I have or will get a 3DS unless it's really cheap.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I was so excited! The starters look great - particularly the fire one! Then I saw it was released in October. In Japan. And I don't have a 3DS.

Quelling excitement.
Subeta: Thomas
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I hope there are more new ones - whoever did this batch had some nice designs. :D My favourites being Froakie (such a cute name) and the Y legend. It's about time there was a proper 3D pokemon.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Spoiler: open/close
holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
I really wasn't expecting Gen VI to be released so soon - what a nice surprise!

For the first time ever I love the look of all 3 starters straight away. Please let their final evolutions be awesome.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Ok, so I'm a Pokemon n00b, at least I am now. I was totally on the bandwagon when it first came out, I got the cards, watched the show, went to Pokemon League on Saturdays to play... I REALLY badly wanted a Gameboy so that I could play Pokemon but at the time my parents didn't want me to have one for fear of it making me too anti-social (so I just read books around people instead :P).

ANYWAY, I therefore never got into playing the Pokemon game and now I am totally, completely, absolutely lost. In my mind there are only 151 Pokemon, who are these other guys?!

All of that being said: I WANT THIS! I want a DS and I want to play this game!

What I really, really, really want though: I want a Pokemon game that's like Skyrim. I want to be able to walk around and find, watch and catch Pokemon on my TV/PC. I want the game to be huge and amazing. Why can't we have that?

Ok, I am done with my wanting/ranting/wishing post. Thank you for your time.
Madge

Post by Madge »

You'll need a 3DS, Bif. Apart from that, all true.

And of course this means I'll need a 3DS. I think I want to get one that's american because you guys have much cheaper games than we do in AUS and I may as well buy something with a good region. Do any of you know any good online retailers that will do international shipping?
TCStarwind

Post by TCStarwind »

I think we all pretty much need to buy a 3DS after this announcement. XD I'll need to get one myself. I was tempted to go snag a purple one from Target today since I have the money, but I don't want the thing to sit around for 10 months and not be able to use it. I knew I'd have to get one eventually because Pokemon, but I didn't think it'd be this soon.

And, Bif, I also want a game like that. We're getting closer, at any rate.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Madge wrote:You'll need a 3DS, Bif. Apart from that, all true.
Bah Hum bug! Thanks for making sure I didn't buy the wrong one though. :)
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I just upgraded to a 3DS XL last weekend, because my Lite was starting to show it's age. It's pretty fun, I'm enjoying all the street pass shenanigans.

So yeah, I'm totally excited for Gen VI. It definitely feels a bit too early for it, though. I really wanted R/S remakes to buffer out Gen V a bit longer. But the new pokemon all look really great and the updated look is pretty cool.