Pokemon X/Y

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Faun

Re: Pokemon Generation VI predictions/desires

Post by Faun »

I'm pretty excited for this game! I've been wanting more interesting 3DS games, because I have the limited edition Zelda one and I love it, but I need more games to play on it.

I think that Froakie is my favourite starter, but I like all of them.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Fury

Post by Fury »

So, guys, there's a new Eeveelution:

And there's also a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV_19uOrHdI

What are your first impressions? I think it's rather adorable!
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Fury wrote:So, guys, there's a new Eeveelution:

And there's also a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV_19uOrHdI

What are your first impressions? I think it's rather adorable!
I think it's pretty cute too, but I wonder what its type is. The only remaining Special Type is Dragon, and it doesn't look very dragony. It might be a new Special Type (like Light), though I would have thought Black and White would have introduced the Light type. It could be a Normal type as well. This could work if they change how Umbreon or Espeon evolve or have created some item to allow Eevee to evolve further.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Or if it's not a special type at all, since that that division was removed in gen IV.

My bet is on normal, though
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

A lot of people are convinced it's Flying, which I can't picture at all. Granted, my source for that is Tumblr... which can be about as reliable as Fox News. But still. Hard to imagine a Flying eeveelution without wings. What's it going to do? Hover? Spin its ribbons like helicopter blades?

I have no problem with it just staying Normal. I wind up training a lot of Normal pokemon. I almost always have a Wigglytuff on my team. Maybe it evolves with the moon stone?

Whatever type it is, I'm gonna have one on my gen 6 team for sure. This thing is damn cute. Easily tied with Espeon for my favourite eevee form.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Faun

Post by Faun »

Woah Sylveon is really cute! I love cute pink pokemon, so I'm definitely going to have one on my gen 6 team.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Fury

Post by Fury »

Ierosbats wrote:A lot of people are convinced it's Flying, which I can't picture at all. Granted, my source for that is Tumblr... which can be about as reliable as Fox News. But still. Hard to imagine a Flying eeveelution without wings. What's it going to do? Hover? Spin its ribbons like helicopter blades?

I have no problem with it just staying Normal. I wind up training a lot of Normal pokemon. I almost always have a Wigglytuff on my team. Maybe it evolves with the moon stone?

Whatever type it is, I'm gonna have one on my gen 6 team for sure. This thing is damn cute. Easily tied with Espeon for my favourite eevee form.

Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

To be fair, there are a lot of flying types in Pokémon that have never made any sense. :p I mean, even from the start we had Doduo and Dodrio, which can somehow fly without wings?? There's Shaymin's sky form too.

That being said, I'm betting on Normal type. I've heard rumours about it being a "Light" type too, but I don't buy it. I've always thought of Psychic as the light-type equivalent in Pokémon.

As for Sylveon itself, it's hind legs freak me out. But luckily this only seems to be an issue with the drawing, the in-game sprite is much better. This generation has been worrying me, since I haven't liked any of the new Pokémon revealed so far, but I don't think I'd mind having a Sylveon on my team at all.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

My first bet goes to a new type, because why make a big deal out of hiding it if it's just going to be normal. But it could also just be normal.

My first thought was damnit I just finished carving all the eeveelutions on watermelons last year >:(
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Slugawoo wrote:I've always thought of Psychic as the light-type equivalent in Pokémon.
Agreed on psychic, but also fighting being the "light" type. Psychic with the mental part, and fighting being the noble fighter, more like a superhero/kung-fu hero. While, Dark types is about dark thoughts and fighting dirty.
To be fair, there are a lot of flying types in Pokémon that have never made any sense.
Gyarados always bugged me as a flying type.
Fury

Post by Fury »

I was really bored this evening.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

So they revealed another new pokemon.

They didn't confirm anything besides "it has a resemblance to Mewtwo," but based on the pictures of it that were leaked a few days ago, it's going to be in the new movie Mewtwo appears in, so my money is on a new form.

I want to kill it with fire. I don't understand why its tail is now coming out of the back of its head.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

It is horrendous. I, like everyone else, am calling it Mewthree for the time being.
Subeta: Thomas
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

I'll just quote this ( http://pokemon-personalities.tumblr.com ... whoa-oh-oh ) Tumblr post:
I’m walkin’ on eggplants whoa oh oh

AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Well, I like it, even if I'm the only one. I'll name mine Aubergine.
Image Image