Pokemon X/Y

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Re: Pokemon Generation VI predictions/desires

Post by Griffin »

Ugh, I was hoping it was fake... but it doesn't look as bad as the initial fishy scans that showed up.

My boyfriend said, "it has a little handle like a Gamecube." Cue bad fanart of trainer with convenient portable mewthree
Fury

Post by Fury »

Eh, I'm not really bothered either way about this reveal. I've never been a fan of Mew or Mewtwo so I can't say this excites or upsets me! I'm just anxious to see the starter evolutions and more tidbits about gameplay and new features.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Ok so E3 was this weekend. Got a lot of new Pokemon news.

-Sylveon is now a confirmed Fairy type (along with Jigglypuff, Gardevoir, and others). Fairy is strong against dragon.
-Five new pokemon introduced: Noivern, Vivillon, Skrelp, Clauncher, and Talonflame, all shown on the official site.
-At least a little bit of character customization (FINALLY)
-Sky battles (only flying types or pokemon with levitate) and horde battles (5 vs 1)
-Ridable pokemon (including Ryhorn)
-New Amie feature that lets you play with, feed, and pet your pokemon.
-Diagonal walking.

Release date set for October 12. More information available in this post

I'm so excited you have no idea. :D
Madge

Post by Madge »

So am I! I need a 3DS now, is the only problem T_T. Hopefully I'll find the time to play it...

Fairy type is interesting. I don't like the name but a lot of pokemon have fairy allusions, so....

I wonder if Wigglytuff will be fairy type, too? I know they said Marril would be.
Fury

Post by Fury »

WAAAHHHH Fletchling and Talonflame are so cool! I love these new Pokemon so far, I'm so excited!

My problem is the sames as yours, Madge, in that I need a 3DS... I'm trying to save my money for my trip next year so I'm going to have to come up with a money-making scheme pretty soon.
TCStarwind wrote:Ok so E3 was this weekend. Got a lot of new Pokemon news.

-Sylveon is now a confirmed Fairy type (along with Jigglypuff, Gardevoir, and others). Fairy is strong against dragon.
-Five new pokemon introduced: Noivern, Vivillon, Skrelp, Clauncher, and Talonflame, all shown on the official site.
-At least a little bit of character customization (FINALLY)
-Sky battles (only flying types or pokemon with levitate) and horde battles (5 vs 1)
-Ridable pokemon (including Ryhorn)
-New Amie feature that lets you play with, feed, and pet your pokemon.
-Diagonal walking.

Release date set for October 12. More information available in this post

I'm so excited you have no idea. :D
- Fairy type... interesting. It'll certainly shake up the gameplay a bit.
- Talonflame is clearly my favourite but Clauncher is cute too!
- Character customisation - "FINALLY" are my thoughts exactly. It's only taken... how many years?
- The prospect of sky battles sound pretty exciting. I wonder whether it'll be anything other than a change of background/scenery during battles?
- Being able to ride Pokemon seems pretty damn cool.
- Playing, feeding and petting your Pokemon... cute.
- Again, the diagonal walking seems natural for a game being released on a 3D console.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Lots of new info once again.

YES. A lot of people doubted Froakie but he got a badass evolution. I'm hoping his 2nd stage is as cool. Definitely my pick for starter so far.

Meanwhile, Chespin's evo looks a lot like Pignite. I've never been a fan of the more eggy pokemon, but hopefully it'll get a nice final evolution. It doesn't feel different enough from Chespin to me.

I'm seeing a lot of furry jokes for Fennekin's evolution, but I think it's pretty nice. Looks like it has a witches broom for a tail.

As for the others.. I really like the fossil pokemon. Baby T-Rex! The Cat and Dog are nice as well. Don't care for the mega evo's this time around, but I'm not a garchomp fan anyway. Mega mewtwo reminds me of alakazam somehow.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I got to play the XY demo at PAX last week! I had to drag my date in that direction as soon as I saw signage, fortunately he was a good sport about it.

I'm not sure I'm willing to buy a 3DS for it, certainly not for a while given my current budget.

Demo was cute, your character was plopped down in a little area, already with three Pokemon (I think all three were new). There were patches of grass and flowers that held wild Pokemon, so it was nice to see some variation in where Pokemon lurk. There was a recessed area that held a Gogoat that you could ride - he was limited by stairs and ledges, which I thought was a clever limitation on that transportation mode - I guess Gogoats can't jump. There was a single trainer to battle, who asked if you wanted to battle, I hear that's a thing that you aren't forced into battles anymore? Then when you reached the other side of the area, you were approached by Professor Sycamore and promptly handed a Mewtwo. I was fully expecting the demo to fade to black at that point in a "Hahah, we just gave you Mewtwo but won't let you use him! Lolz!" fashion, but instead it turned into a battle that let you use the Megaevolution feature. Then when you won (which was inevitable, he had an equal level Staryu or something else random and not-strong), and then the console locked itself so you were obliged to let someone else have a turn.

Gameplay was a little odd. Diagonal walking had me totally confused, and made it difficult to approach things at the right angle, like to talk to a trainer or approach the Gogoat (who you automatically hop on if you walk into him at the correct angle). I suspect that is just a motor control adjustment though and won't be an actual problem. The 3D battles were cool but a little disappointing, my Fennekin was shooting fire at a happy smiling Pikachu, and only as the flames died down did the Pikachu do the "hit" animation, which was a strange disconnect in timing.

I wish I had explored a little more, things like menus and Pokemon stats, but it was a pretty quick little demo that did a good job of giving example gameplay while encouraging you to let others have a turn.

I'm still having mixed feelings about Megaevolution. On one hand, I like seeing older Pokemon that I thought were essentially forgotten, or who could never have further evolutions (Like Charizard and Mewtwo) get new features and abilities, that's a neat thing to mix the old nostalgia with new gameplay. But it still feels a little dumb. From the demo, there's a "Megaevolve!" button on the "Attack, Item, Pokemon, Run" screen, which when you hit does... nothing. But when you attack, the Pokemon evolves, then does the attack. I'm assuming the evolution goes away after the battle, which also strikes me as weird. I've come to accept that Pokemon magically increase in mass upon evolution, but the give or take of matter after every battle? That's a little too implausible.

Anyway, I'm excited to see the release and all the new features. But I should probably get farther in my other Pokemon games before I invest in a new console and this one...
Madge

Post by Madge »

OK, advance copies of the games are released and leaks are being announced. There's too much for me to post in one thread but here's a big page full of all sorts of the latest leaked information.

http://imgur.com/a/jiahd
Madge

Post by Madge »

Another new pokemon that I really love:
Spoiler: open/close
OMG, that pokemon is awesome and I know EVERYBODY is going to hate it.

as someone on Smogon stated, "In a surprisingly rare turn of events, the Pocket Monsters series now has a monster you could actually expect in your pocket."
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I really love:
Spoiler: open/close
Goomy and Sliggoo, and hope they have another evolution. Image
I've already drawn a couple of fanarts for them. :D
Madge

Post by Madge »

I love them too and share your hopes!!!! That's beautiful fanart too. Eeee! So excited. :D
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I loved Goomy until I found out the black dots are nostrils and the green circles are eyes. I'm just going to make it a headcanon that the black dots are eyes so I can still like it :[
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I am so ridiculously excited for the games. I have cleared next weekend of any obligations. I haven't been able to stop myself from looking at spoilers, but eh. :P There are so many mons I want to try! Have absolutely zero interest in mega evolutions; there are a couple which look cool but not majorly fussed. I've ordered X but am thinking about buying Y, too, for casual playthroughs/Nuzlockes etc etc.
Subeta: Thomas
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

So there's apparently a save corrupting glitch in Lumiose city if you save outside. Nintendo will probably patch it but something to watch out for until then.

(I haven't actually gotten there yet ;__;)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Cripes! I'll have to... try not to do that.

I've had my Poke Miles reset twice now. I have no idea why. I assume it's a glitch.
Image Image