Monster MMORPG - Pokemon Style Indie RPG - [Browser Based]

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Alucard

Re: Monster MMORPG V 2.1.7

Post by Alucard »

Jazzy wrote:The reason why I've removed the links and images is that Google uses links and images from external websites to determine how high up in the page rankings a webpage will get, which you are undoubtedly aware of. This is fine if it's happening organically (ie, if an ordinary user is posting them) but not when it's being posted by someone who makes literally no effort to engage with the community otherwise. Neocolours is not a promotional platform. I have no problem with you saying to people "hey, I've got this great new website, come and try it out - what features would you like to see?" but you're posting identical posts to over 100 forums every single time. You're manipulating Google rankings and making Neocolours look like a linkspam forum, like those ridiculous blogspot blogs.
I know what you are afraid of. So i suggest you to put "rel=nofollow" tag to the links. With that way Google won't penalize necolours for any link at all. And the linked sites won't get any link juice.

My aim here is not getting ranking improvements. Aim is having a useful thread. A nice thread with links and images.

Which one of my posted image was spam etc ? or the link ?
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I can't add nofollow tags to forum links without modding the forum; they don't use HTML. I have no interest in modding my forum for this purpose.

The reason why this is spam is the fact that you literally only make posts promoting this one thing, and don't appear to have any interest in making other posts. To be honest, you're lucky you haven't been banned over it, because brand new users who do the same thing are banned and deleted as spammers. I'm not going to keep repeating myself, cos I think it's pretty obvious that when you make the same post to at least 108 forums (!) that's spam.
Alucard

Post by Alucard »

Jazzy wrote:I can't add nofollow tags to forum links without modding the forum; they don't use HTML. I have no interest in modding my forum for this purpose.

The reason why this is spam is the fact that you literally only make posts promoting this one thing, and don't appear to have any interest in making other posts. To be honest, you're lucky you haven't been banned over it, because brand new users who do the same thing are banned and deleted as spammers. I'm not going to keep repeating myself, cos I think it's pretty obvious that when you make the same post to at least 108 forums (!) that's spam.
ok you are right i won't post any more

but can you let me at least modify only the first post ?
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I'm happy for you to modify the first post - that seems reasonable.