Pokemon Sun and Moon predictions and desires

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Re: Pokemon Sun and Moon predictions and desires

Post by Nogitsune » 01 Sep 2016 05:35 pm

To keep up with things, there are currently 39 new pokemon.
Spoiler: open/close
Given that Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, and Pikipek all have two more evolutions and Rockruff has at least one, that means there will be a minimum of 48 new pokemon. It's very likely, however, there will be more than that. Solgaleo and Lunala are a legendary duo and it's likely there will be a third member (probably Psychic/Dark since both Solgaleo and Lunala take extra damage from Dark-type attacks).

Bounsweet, Salandit, Crabrawler, Morelull, Komala all could have at least one more evolution as well, which would raise the number to 54.

Tapu Koko is the guardian deity of Melemele Island and is Electric/Fairy. There are three other islands so it's possible there are three other guardian deities. Tapu Koko is also a Land Spirit Pokemon - so there may be a Sea Spirit Pokemon (Water/Fairy), Volcano Spirit Pokemon (Fire/Fairy), and Sky Spirit Pokemon (Fairy/Flying, Flying/Fairy, Ghost/Fairy, or Psychic/Fairy). I'm not sure of the typing, of course, but Oricorio has four different formes (Fire/Flying, Electric/Flying, Psychic/Flying, and Ghost/Flying) depending on the nectar of flower it drinks from one of the islands so it could be that if there are other spirits, they could follow similar themes.

It's also possible the four may be able to somehow combine into one being to form something that looks like a totem pole. I'm basing this on how Tapu Koko looks with it's arms closed (near the bottom of the page here, which sort of looks like a head. If all this holds up, that means there will be at least 58 new pokemon.

Except for Gen II, there have always been at least two new fossil pokemon (each of which has two stages). If this holds true here, then there will be 62 new pokemon. Assuming they'll have the 71 minimum pokemon, that means there will be at least 9 more.
Last edited by Nogitsune on 03 Sep 2016 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.

Madge

Post by Madge » 03 Sep 2016 12:43 am

I can't wait to see all the new pokemon!! I am relieved it looks like there'll be a lot of them. Will there be new megas?

Something I'm doing which is different from every other game is I'm avoiding all spoilers. Previously for every other game I would hunt down all the spoilers to get my hype on (I remember playing a badly translated emulator for G/S before it came out). Now I'm avoiding the spoilers, the images of the pokemon, etc. Going to see if I can have a different sort of experience for the new games! I unfortunately saw the new exeggutor forme but it was funny so I'm OK with that.

Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy » 04 Nov 2016 09:47 pm

Has anyone else picked up the demo? I'm enjoying it so far, though Team Skull is, erm...something else.

AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy » 05 Nov 2016 05:43 am

I love Team Skull!

Pokemon seems to me to be reaching for new innovations now, what with Z-Moves and Ultra Beasts and so on. But I'm still excited. I ended up happy with mega forms, even though that already felt like stretching. Hopefully it ends up feeling natural.
Image Image