Flight Rising

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: Flight Rising

Post by Cranberry »

"Your auction of Giant Sand Dollar (29) was sold for 87000 treasure!"

Gotta love capitalizing on first-day panic.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Haha! Very nice.

I had good luck getting the sand dollars in the Waterway, but I'd also like a shot at finding Ambush, and the forum guide about coliseum drops doesn't list it there (or Arena or Roost). So I'm trying Forgotten Cave again and hoping. I know the lists might be incomplete, but I'm really enjoying training up multiple sets of dragons, so I need to Ambush quite a lot, and I'd rather go with a more sure thing... Although the best luck I've had finding them is in the snowy place. I like it there.
Image Image
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Yeah, Boreal Wood is where I find most of my ambush stones. It's not the best farming area due to it not dropping much good food (meat sells for the least), but I've had good luck with Yeti familiar drops -- I've gotten six of them over the months and have kept one, given one to a friend, and sold the others for 3225, 4000, 2975, and 3500 gems.

Bamboo Falls is also pretty good for Ambush stones. I suspect they can actually drop anywhere, although some areas do seem to drop them more frequently!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Haha, I switched to Bamboo Falls for a change of scenery, and my very first battle yielded a sand dollar and an ambush. =D
Image Image
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

This is much less lag than I expected for the first holiday with this many people! Very nice. I'm getting a coliseum freeze every 15 minutes or so, but that's so much better than the every five minutes it used to be during festivals.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Haha, I thought, I should start selling nice things for gems instead of treasure... first thing I sold for 50 treasure instead of 50 gems. Damn.
Image Image
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Haha, the gem/treasure thing trips a lot of people up. I've only put in the wrong currency once while selling, and luckily I caught it time. However, yesterday I bought 400 gems from a user, and they mailed them to me and I collected them, but they never showed up in my on-hand gems. I mailed the user back to ask if the gems were taken from them, and they said no and offered to send them again. We were both so confused about this "glitch" until the other user realized that they'd initially sent me 400 treasure and neither of us had noticed!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I laughed like a dork. Perfect timing today.
Image Image
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Very nice!

There's another registration window tomorrow, if anyone wants in! The site's been great lately, very stable even during site holidays. I believe the window runs for 24 hours, starting at 5am Pacific time tomorrow.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Wow, 5100ish people on FR right now! The site's holding up well for that much of an increase. Anyone from here join?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Early in the day it was at 5500 and crashed for a while, but that was the only crash I saw. Is nice! Very hopeful! Be nice to know if anyone else joined. I'm very fond of the site now, spend lots of free time there... I even gave them money to show appreciation. And feel less guilty about adblocking. (I turned it off for a bit but the ads were really distracting.)
Image Image
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

FR is doing another registration window on Monday the 13th ("Registration will be available at 5:30 Server Time on October 13th, and close at 5:30 Server Time on Tuesday, October 14th"). There have been some new genes and many new familiars and pieces of apparel since the last window, and dominance is even better now because the "Beastclans" (non-playable) are also fighting with us, and now the top three flights get perks instead of just the top one. If you've been wanting to join, remember to do so on Monday!
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Last reminder that the reg window opens in four and a half hours and lasts for a full day. I'm looking forward to newbies! :)
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

God, you are tempting me SO HARD. Subeta's been a slog, Neopets is insanely slow (dat Flash reliance!), and I have a soft spot for dragons.

...I'm probably going to register as soon as I get up tomorrow. This site looks far too cool to pass up.

..oh wait, it's already passed, hasn't it? waaaaaaahhhhhh

I guess it won't keep me from the OmegaRuby demo at least
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I just want to say that registering this time around was super tempting... But I am trying to do things like job hunt that wouldn't be helped by a new internet time suck. >> Maybe next time!