Black and white

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Spivsy

Black and white

Post by Spivsy »

Has anyone here got black and white? (or the sequel?) I got it recently and I'm only on the first island, but I was wondering around what island does your creature grow as tall as npc creatures?

Also, what creatures/alignment did you choose? I'm trying to get a good tiger, because the idea of an angelic killing machine amuses me. (ironically, he keeps killing villagers and destroying crops)
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

I have the second, I used to have the first but it's broken. Second one is better, the graphics are incredible in the second. This and This are screenshots I took. zOMG pretty..
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

In the first Black and White it takes ages 'til your creature is the same height, probably not 'til the last world. In the sequel the other creatures are the same height as your own if I remember rightly.

In the first game I had a pink tiger, ie a good tiger. Problem with tigers is that they're thick and like to cause destruction, it takes a lot of patience to get him to behave well and even then he'll snack on villagers behind your back and cast the odd lightning spell on your town. I've always found the easiest creature to get on with is the cow, it's not too bright that it does stuff you don't want it to (like the ape) and not too stupid that it doesn't remember what you want it to do (like the tiger).
NecroAd
Time-waster

Post by NecroAd »

I tried to play the first game before but it wouldn't play on my computer. It ran so slow that it was virtually unplayable. If I get a better and faster running pc in the future though then I'll consider getting the second game. From the screenshots that Cheese provided, the game looks very good indeed.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

my computer isn't good enough to withstand graphics like that, but when I get my mac at christmas, I'm definitely getting it.
TCD

Post by TCD »

I have B & W, the first one. I have a cow for one game and a sheep for the next...the cow is to be nice, and the sheep to be mean. XP On the second island (not the tutorial island) with the cow and I haven't left the tutorial island with my sheep.

To help your creature grow, play skirmish. They can learn spells there too and bring them back to your plot game.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I used to love black & white, I was absolutely obsessed with it!

My favourite creature was the horse, I got it by changing the name of the file thingy in my whatchamacallit rather than actually, you know, going to EFFORT to unlock it.

I was pretty terrible at it, I got up to the last level where your creature is all cursed but was never able to beat it.

My creature never grew at all, no matter how hard I tried. It got a little bigger than it was originally but never became a titan, much to my dismay.

I think there's some guides to making titans somewhere.

I downloaded the second one but it wouldn't work, unfortunately. Maybe I'll try again. But it's the beginning of a new semester and I want to actually do well this time!
TCD

Post by TCD »

Madge wrote:I was pretty terrible at it, I got up to the last level where your creature is all cursed but was never able to beat it.
From what I understand, you can't make your creature uncursed, thanks to a bug in the game.

Now I want to play s'more.
Pants.

Post by Pants. »

I played the first one at a friends house.
I think I might want to get it xD
I liked it.
So. The caterpillar has emerged from its cocoon...as a shark...with a gun for a mouth.
Lou

Post by Lou »

I've got the first and the second, on the second one I've changed the script for the prices of objects I can get with tribute.

Note however that this won't work on previously saved games, you'll have to start a new profile:

You do this by putting "GameBalanceArtefact.txt" into your computer search, which finds the file, which is a notepad document. There it has all the prices for things like wonders and miracles, and buildings and you can change their prices down to 1,000. (No lower than that!)

I got that from gamespot. Try it, and you'll be having tones of fun casting miracles and blowing people up without having to spend loads and loads of tribute. :twisted: